03-24-15 10:25 AM
    A) you're late to the party
    B) no details are out yet

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 10:32 AM
    03-24-15 10:33 AM
    That is CEO SPEAK. People in such positions know that every word they say will be analyzed and parsed ad-nauseum. You intend to keep building the hardware business right up to the point that you draw down that business unit.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-24-15 11:19 AM
    This is no different than google releasing their services cross platform.

Why the hell is this even a thing? No one says or asks these things when apple or google release their services or software cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 02:54 PM
    That is CEO SPEAK. People in such positions know that every word they say will be analyzed and parsed ad-nauseum. You intend to keep building the hardware business right up to the point that you draw down that business unit.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think he knew it when he was talking about 'App-Neutrality'. lol.

Why the hell is this even a thing? No one says or asks these things when apple or google release their services or software cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    The moment Apple will release it's Siri, iMessage, predictive keyboard(that reads conversations), iCloud services, etc. to everybody on other platforms(Just like blackberry, with some fee), i don't think people will pay 800+$ for an iphone(or a Blackberry for present case), when they can get all of that on a cheap 100-200$ android phone.
    Same thing applies to blackberry, and it might end up as a disaster for device sales, note that.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-24-15 03:19 PM

The moment Apple will release it's Siri, iMessage, predictive keyboard(that reads conversations), iCloud services, etc. to everybody on other platforms(Just like blackberry, with some fee), i don't think people will pay 800+$ for an iphone(or a Blackberry for present case), when they can get all of that on a cheap 100-200$ android phone.
    Same thing applies to blackberry, and it might end up as a disaster for device sales, note that.
    The Leap should be (?) reasonably priced and only BlackBerry makes a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 04:36 PM

I don't think you understand loyal iPhone users. It's not about the software, it's about the brand. Apple could release everything on Android and there would still be a dedicated userbase that would prefer Apple made products, not Android.

IE. Brand Loyalty. And it doesn't just apply to smartphones. In BlackBerry's case the damage has already been done (long ago), so expanding their software services to other platforms will most likely be a benefit to the company, imho. AND, for those that switched to other platforms, they can still be 'brand loyal' to BlackBerry by using those services. (Have their cake and eat it too). Everybody wins.
    03-24-15 04:44 PM
    So because BB is offering it's awesome software to business users on other platforms you are going to move away from BB by using their software on other platforms? I'm I the only one who sees numerous flaws in this logic?

Click bait aside, I see this move to go cross platform as being great for us either way. If Blackberry decides to continue providing their own hardware solutions, the extra revenue from this type of project will allow them to invest more money in themselves, making their overall products better. If they decide to emerge as a service company it means regardless of what platform we eventually choose, we will be able to enjoy the features we know and love on our current BB10 devices.
    Originalloverman likes this.
    03-24-15 04:55 PM
    So because BB is offering it's awesome software to business users on other platforms you are going to move away from BB by using their software on other platforms? I'm I the only one who sees numerous flaws in this logic?

Click bait aside, I see this move to go cross platform as being great for us either way. If Blackberry decides to continue providing their own hardware solutions, the extra revenue from this type of project will allow them to invest more money in themselves, making their overall products better. If they decide to emerge as a service company it means regardless of what platform we eventually choose, we will be able to enjoy the features we know and love on our current BB10 devices.
    Would allow for a broader range of phones to be available to us. I want a Passport with a VKB. Heck, I cannot even get a Passport to checkout at the local ATT store. Oh wait, that would mean I would need to give up Verizon, who arguably has the best coverage in the PNW.
    03-24-15 05:02 PM
    If they were to ever go there in the first place, Apple would release a crappy, bloated port of Siri, etc. on Android. iPhone users would believe Siri doesn't work quite as well on Android because Android is an inferior platform; just like Apple's extraordinary efforts with iTunes, QuickTime and Safari on Windows.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    03-24-15 05:08 PM
    This is no different from Google releasing their services and software to 3rd parties.

Besides, the BlackBerry software releasing to 3rd parties are apps, not integrated into the phone like on BlackBerry phones.

Such an annoying community. Try to find something negative out of everything.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-24-15 09:40 PM
    I like what chan is doing. Wish he came in couple year earlier.

Beproud
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-24-15 09:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think he is hinting that, soon there will be an iphone runtime. Everyone gets to experience a Blackberry.
    03-24-15 09:59 PM
    A) you're late to the party
    B) no details are out yet

Posted via CB10
    Boom! Roasted.
    03-24-15 10:14 PM
    Why do people just start a thread and just add a link to a Web page. Not being funny but select threads to read them not loading Pages or Links etc etc. Don't see the point.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-25-15 12:58 AM
    It will make folks who get the suite maybe want their whole phone to be that without it just being a suite.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:21 AM
    I'll continue to stay with BlackBerry regardless!
    03-26-15 08:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Apple releases services cross platform * gasp* no way! You lie. Say it ain't so!

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    03-26-15 01:15 PM
    Even if they do we will ways have the best security on out phones
    03-26-15 05:17 PM
    Would allow for a broader range of phones to be available to us. I want a Passport with a VKB. Heck, I cannot even get a Passport to checkout at the local ATT store. Oh wait, that would mean I would need to give up Verizon, who arguably has the best coverage in the PNW.
    But ATT has the best LTE...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 08:17 AM