I tried opening up a pdf file from a website, but it said the media type is not supported. Am I missing something? Or does BBs seriosuly not have a free natuve pdf viewer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 11:34 AM
    You're not missing anything... NO native .pdf viewer.

I have found that if I receive a .pdf file via e-mail, and I just open it, I can read it. But if I download it and try to read it, I get the "Media Type Not Supported" B.S.
    03-17-09 11:48 AM
    You're not missing anything... NO native .pdf viewer.

I have found that if I receive a .pdf file via e-mail, and I just open it, I can read it. But if I download it and try to read it, I get the "Media Type Not Supported" B.S.
    o_O

That is weird...thanks then!

03-17-09 11:50 AM
    Did you try opening the document directly from your e-mail? Did it work for you?
    03-17-09 11:54 AM
    Did you try opening the document directly from your e-mail? Did it work for you?
    Yep just tried it, worked out great. Kind of a pain though since I'm studying for a midterm, and I have 8 pdf files to download and send to myself. Thanks for the suggestion though!

03-17-09 11:59 AM
    Yuck... That stinks.
    03-17-09 12:21 PM
    BlackBerry Attachments is the software that lets you view PDF files, but it does require you to keep them in device memory as email attachments.

Application developers, like nature, abhors a vacuum. BeamReader is the professional grade product that make using PDF files practical.

Native PDF Reader for BlackBerry

03-17-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD