Changes to NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile Limits App to Android Users, iPhone Support Coming Soon Changes to NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile Limits App to Android Users, iPhone Support Coming Soon � Sprintfeed

i have had Sprint for over 5 years and when Sprint/Nextel made apps for their phones i was excited. now i just bought a new BB Bold 9930 and cant use teh app to keep up with NASCAR. i am pissed
    02-23-12 11:05 AM
    This change is said to impact approximately 10% of the app�s users, with iPhone support coming later this race season.
    That kind of says it all...

RIM is in a bad spot right now... Too many versions of BBOS that do not all work the same, and now a new OS.
    Going to be hard to build interest in app development and support for the platform without sufficient number of users behind it. But it will also be hard for RIM to increase their marketshare without Apps supporting the platform. Chicken or the Egg?

For awhile RIM may need to consider paying companies to support their platform....
    02-23-12 12:04 PM
    I love this app and I'm not happy that Sprint is getting rid of it! Come on Sprint, you're the primary sponsor for NASCAR, why wouldn't you keep the app on all of your products??
    IMO, carriers and app developers are killing RIM! If it isn't branded with an "i" or Android, no one cares. The new Blackberry Bold commercials say it the best: "I want tools not toys!"
    02-24-12 07:25 AM
    Yes, this is very frustrating, especially for the people who just upgraded to the new OS7 devices expecting to have support for this feature. We have been discussing this over in the Sprint forum since the weekend:

http://forums.crackberry.com/sprint-...9850-a-699324/
    02-24-12 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD