Professionals have kids. And they don't want their children to be in the cult of apple. Bbry is all I expose my children too. They don't need to be mind controlled.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I told my kids. If I am paying phone bills, Blackberry is the only phone on the list. No apple or android. Go BB Go
    09-02-13 05:05 PM
    It's not mind control when you show them the right way.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:05 PM
    Since 2007. A phone isn't a house. You can put whatever furniture you want into whatever house you buy. With a phone, you can only add the stuff that fits that house. And if there isn't any, you are sleeping on the floor. In 2013 a phone and OS are tools to deliver apps smoothly to you. They have little value for many, maybe most people if they don't do that well in my opinion, and that of many given sales on BB10 devices.
    Weird.
    I run my business with my empty house. Send invoices. Send pdfs. Read and open them as well. Remote desktop. Everything. I could think of anything else I would want as my device.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:06 PM
    The best products don't always sell. But the products that sell aren't always the best.

Posted via CB10
    There are also crappy products that don't sell and great products that sell really well. So what's your point?
    09-02-13 05:07 PM
    That's what I told my kids. If I am paying phone bills, Blackberry is the only phone on the list. No apple or android. Go BB Go
    Right one. Glad to see someone else with that point of view. In our family we don't sit around buried in our phones ignoring each other. Instagram? No thanks I got "myownfam".

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:07 PM
    There are also crappy products that don't sell and great products that sell really well. So what's your point?
    So blackberry is a crappy product? Why are you here? To insult us?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:08 PM
    Weird.
    I run my business with my empty house. Send invoices. Send pdfs. Read and open them as well. Remote desktop. Everything. I could think of anything else I would want as my device.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. Although I don't know what exactly you mean about that. But most people here I have seen say they use their BB for mail, calls and messaging. The real issue for BB is that more or less all phones now do that stuff, and what you said and do it at least as well. Add in the rest of the ecosystem and the wide range of apps and that is where BB has a problem.
    09-02-13 05:19 PM
    All the cars I listed were great cars with decent reliability. Easily the equal or better than most contemporary American cars. In fact, having owned both a 1995 Mondeo and a 1995 BMW 318, I can assure you that the Ford is a better screwed together car.

The point I was making is that there are great products out there that don't make it in the US or don't even find their way into the US. I listed a bunch of great European cars that either were never sold in the US or flopped in the US and was told off by a bunch of people that these cars were all crap. Of course none of the posters has probably ever set eyes on, let alone driven one of these vehicles, but that just reinforces my point.

This appears to be the case with the BB10 phones. They are great pieces of kit, but for whatever reason the US market isn't having them at this time. It doesn't mean they are necessarily doomed elsewhere.
    I have a BMW Z3 which was designed and built in the US and it is a great car and handles great. It was built by BMW to compete with the Miata in the US (which I also had at one point and was a great handling little car) and then made its way to other places. I can't buy or drive cars from companies that failed in the US due to quality and pricing issues and perception and this is the route BlackBerry is headed in the US. Peugeot has probably been gone long enough that they could give it another try like Fiat. BlackBerry needs to show people that the BB10 phones aren't the tired old BBOS devices that BlackBerry is known for. Usually if people want great handling small cars in the US they buy some sort of Japanese car and install new suspension, sway bar's, etc. For sports cars from American manufacturers the American desire is more with cars like Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Corvettes with straight line power of 300+ HP and so so handling. We don't have cramped little roads here and the gas is cheaper.

As for the mondeo the Taurus was close in price and a little bigger and the SHO was a true performance version. Actually Dodge has the Dart here now which is based on an Alpha Romeo chassis. Unfortunately Dodge's quality perception is being rebuilt now too, so much so that the trucks are now just refer ed to as Ram, and not Dodge at all. GM has experimented with bring over some Opel. But you are correct that there aren't many small great handling cars in the US because their isn't much of a market for them, people getting cars that small want econoboxes. VW won't even bring over the Polo.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:34 PM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:35 PM
    I have a BMW Z3 which was designed and built in the US and it is a great car and handles great. It was built by BMW to compete with the Miata in the US (which I also had at one point and was a great handling little car) and then made its way to other places. I can't buy or drive cars from companies that failed in the US due to quality and pricing issues and perception and this is the route BlackBerry is headed in the US. Peugeot has probably been gone long enough that they could give it another try like Fiat. BlackBerry needs to show people that the BB10 phones aren't the tired old BBOS devices that BlackBerry is known for. Usually if people want great handling small cars in the US they buy some sort of Japanese car and install new suspension, sway bar's, etc. For sports cars from American manufacturers the American desire is more with cars like Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Corvettes with straight line power of 300+ HP and so so handling. We don't have cramped little roads here and the gas is cheaper.

As for the mondeo the Taurus was close in price and a little bigger and the SHO was a true performance version. Actually Dodge has the Dart here now which is based on an Alpha Romeo chassis. Unfortunately Dodge's quality perception is being rebuilt now too, so much so that the trucks are now just refer ed to as Ram, and not Dodge at all. GM has experimented with bring over some Opel. But you are correct that there aren't many small great handling cars in the US because their isn't much of a market for them, people getting cars that small want econoboxes. VW won't even bring over the Polo.

Posted via CB10
    The BMW Z3 was designed by Joji Nagashima, Munich, Germany in 1993 and assembled in the USA. In terms of not having the VW Polo in the USA. I believe there would be a very big market since a lot of people drive them just south of the US. border and the rest of South America.
    09-02-13 05:47 PM
    So blackberry is a crappy product? Why are you here? To insult us?

Posted via CB10
    Read it again. It's not an insult
    09-02-13 05:51 PM
    Read it again. It's not an insult
    It's a Pepsi versus Coke argument as well. Does Pepsi really taste better than Coke even though Coke is the top seller
    09-02-13 05:53 PM
    We aren't Pepsi or coke. We are a fine wine!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's good. I'm glad you like your wine.
    09-02-13 05:58 PM
    Was at the tmobile store in Seattle today. They sold a z10 while I was there. And the sales person said they sold 6 over the weekend. That sounds perfectly healthy to me. And they had a full display.

Posted via CB10
    Was in Oregon last month, and I surprised a T-Mobile rep there who was keenly interested in my Z10. Their store got a Q10 recently but I managed to get him curious and let him play with my phone. He ended up being the customer as he was going to consider switching his phone from WP to BB.
    09-02-13 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're missing a letter there, I think.
    09-02-13 06:17 PM
    And u are on the wrong forum

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:18 PM
    Weird.

Posted via CB10
    What do you use to send invoices? Quick books doesn't work for me
    09-02-13 06:18 PM
    I haven't a clue what the market share is here in the UK though I'd wager its a good deal better than in the US. I see a fair number of older BBs about and have also seen one other Z10 in the wild besides my own (mind you I don't get out and about where I can see a lot of mobile phones). And as I reported earlier, my experience in the O2 store in Bristol yesterday suggests that they aren't being heavily discounted on contract, and they're well displayed as well as being well-promoted in the O2 catalogue. And the when people have asked my about my Z10 the nature of the questions has been "is that the new Blackberry?" Rather than "what sort of phone is that?" suggesting there is general awareness of the product.

But I also see Fiats, and Alfas, and Peugeots roaming about as well.
    Carphonewarehouse is selling the Z for the same price as the Q5 now.

Rogers in Canada is offering it free on contract as well.
    09-02-13 06:23 PM
    Professionals have kids. And they don't want their children to be in the cult of apple. Bbry is all I expose my children too. They don't need to be mind controlled.

Posted via CB10
    I see that pot has met kettle.
    09-02-13 06:31 PM
    Carphonewarehouse is selling the Z for the same price as the Q5 now.

Rogers in Canada is offering it free on contract as well.
    That's really dumb. Flagship model should always be priced more than the low end model in the same year
    09-02-13 06:31 PM
    Since when do apps make a phone? Does a beautiful Victorian mansion cease to be beautiful due to lack of residents or furniture? The architecture of bb10 is perfect. Give the rest time and they will come.

Posted via CB10
    OK. Do most people want to look at a phone or do they want to use the phone?
    09-02-13 06:34 PM
    That's really dumb. Flagship model should always be priced more than the low end model in the same year
    Well since the Z can't fully run 10.2 it's only fair.
    09-02-13 06:40 PM
    BlackBerry should sell unlocked devices direct to consumers and enterprises . Cut out the middleman. If they focus on the enterprise market and it becomes scarce to the consumers it will become hip agan.

Posted via CB10
    This.

If I could buy an unlocked berry directly from BlackBerry I would currently have all three BlackBerry 10 models instead of just the Z10. To get another phone online from my carrier I have to sign up for another line. I could go into the store and outright buy one, but the experience is so bad, I avoid it at all costs.

Me and the online shopping. 5x the rate of impulse buys.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:41 PM
    Well since the Z can't fully run 10.2 it's only fair.
    Is this true? If so, z10 owners are screwed.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    09-02-13 06:45 PM
451 ... 1213141516 ...