I would go with:

Intel
    Apple
    IBM
    Google
    Cisco

But I'm sure there are other examples
    Ah. And which of those pulled out of the U.S. Market, as the guy I quoted was claiming?

Edit: Here's the post I was responding to:

No Americans are just too stupid to recognize a good product. It's why many incredible and innovative companies have totally pulled out of the US market in the past.
    So tell me, when did Apple pull out of the U.S. market? Cisco? IBM? Google?
    Last edited by Wiki Cydia; 09-02-13 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added details
    techvisor likes this.
    09-02-13 04:35 PM
    if it was it would have sold and carriers would still carry it..
    The best products don't always sell. But the products that sell aren't always the best.

Posted via CB10
    jaffna_guy and moody like this.
    09-02-13 04:36 PM
    The best products don't always sell. But the products that sell aren't always the best.

Posted via CB10
    And in this case, BlackBerrys are not selling. Regardless of how great they are.
    09-02-13 04:38 PM
    We don't need to sell millions a week. We are the phone for elite professionals. So sales won't be huge unless it becomes a fad. Slow n steady

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-02-13 04:42 PM
    Um, it was a relatively low production flagship model, and I'm pretty sure they cost a bit more than $18,000 new. Sure you're not getting your �s and $s confused?
    Still has nothing to done it BBRY though. What's the market share like in your country?
    09-02-13 04:43 PM
    We don't need to sell millions a week. We are the phone for elite professionals. So sales won't be huge unless it becomes a fad. Slow n steady

Posted via CB10
    BBRY might disagree with your elite professional definition, at least according to bb world
    No More BlackBerry Z10 or Q10s coming to T-mobile store-img_00001110.jpg
    techvisor likes this.
    09-02-13 04:45 PM
    Ah. And which of those pulled out of the U.S. Market, as the guy I quoted was claiming?

Edit: Here's the post I was responding to:

So tell me, when did Apple pull out of the U.S. market? Cisco? IBM? Google?
    All of the ones with the smiley face in the post mentioning them. Heavens. I am sympathetic, however. I also just read a post that I thought was a joke about how BB was the best, and now I realize it was probably serious. The reverse of that has happened here, if that isnt obvious by now.
    09-02-13 04:47 PM
    All the cars I listed were great cars with decent reliability. Easily the equal or better than most contemporary American cars. In fact, having owned both a 1995 Mondeo and a 1995 BMW 318, I can assure you that the Ford is a better screwed together car.

The point I was making is that there are great products out there that don't make it in the US or don't even find their way into the US. I listed a bunch of great European cars that either were never sold in the US or flopped in the US and was told off by a bunch of people that these cars were all crap. Of course none of the posters has probably ever set eyes on, let alone driven one of these vehicles, but that just reinforces my point.

This appears to be the case with the BB10 phones. They are great pieces of kit, but for whatever reason the US market isn't having them at this time. It doesn't mean they are necessarily doomed elsewhere.
    09-02-13 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Products that don't sell aren't always best either.
    21stNow likes this.
    09-02-13 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually not. I simply do not see them except rarely among most professionals in the US. That was true in 2007. It is much less true today.
    09-02-13 04:49 PM
    BBRY might disagree with your elite professional definition, at least according to bb world
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001110.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	197975
    Professionals have kids. And they don't want their children to be in the cult of apple. Bbry is all I expose my children too. They don't need to be mind controlled.

Posted via CB10
    jaffna_guy and neoberry99 like this.
    09-02-13 04:50 PM
    All the cars I listed were great cars with decent reliability. Easily the equal or better than most contemporary American cars. In fact, having owned both a 1995 Mondeo and a 1995 BMW 318, I can assure you that the Ford is a better screwed together car.

The point I was making is that there are great products out there that don't make it in the US or don't even find their way into the US. I listed a bunch of great European cars that either were never sold in the US or flopped in the US and was told off by a bunch of people that these cars were all crap. Of course none of the posters has probably ever set eyes on, let alone driven one of these vehicles, but that just reinforces my point.

This appears to be the case with the BB10 phones. They are great pieces of kit, but for whatever reason the US market isn't having them at this time. It doesn't mean they are necessarily doomed elsewhere.
    Actually, I think people are disputing your view that they were "great cars". In the more pertinent case of BB I think that given the lack of apps and infrastructure they are not competitive products, except for holdover physical keyboard lovers like me. But there aren't enough of us.
    09-02-13 04:51 PM
    Since when do apps make a phone? Does a beautiful Victorian mansion cease to be beautiful due to lack of residents or furniture? The architecture of bb10 is perfect. Give the rest time and they will come.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:52 PM
    Why are there more people defending the smear campaign than support bbry? This is a bbry forum and it feels like I am alone.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    09-02-13 04:54 PM

What market is "having them" as you say?

I wanted an r34 gtr, which I did see and drive in Australia. Has absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry though
    09-02-13 04:55 PM
    Why are there more people defending the smear campaign than support bbry? This is a bbry forum and it feels like I am alone.

Posted via CB10
    There's a smear campaign?
    h20work and boi2012 like this.
    09-02-13 04:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    What smear campaign?
    09-02-13 04:57 PM
    There is no blanket pull bb10 from the stores.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:58 PM
    Still has nothing to done it BBRY though. What's the market share like in your country?
    I haven't a clue what the market share is here in the UK though I'd wager its a good deal better than in the US. I see a fair number of older BBs about and have also seen one other Z10 in the wild besides my own (mind you I don't get out and about where I can see a lot of mobile phones). And as I reported earlier, my experience in the O2 store in Bristol yesterday suggests that they aren't being heavily discounted on contract, and they're well displayed as well as being well-promoted in the O2 catalogue. And the when people have asked my about my Z10 the nature of the questions has been "is that the new Blackberry?" Rather than "what sort of phone is that?" suggesting there is general awareness of the product.

But I also see Fiats, and Alfas, and Peugeots roaming about as well.
    09-02-13 05:00 PM
    Since when do apps make a phone? Does a beautiful Victorian mansion cease to be beautiful due to lack of residents or furniture? The architecture of bb10 is perfect. Give the rest time and they will come.

Posted via CB10
    most apps are downloaded, used once and then just deleted or left on the phone. the most important function of a phone is it's CORE functionality....calendar, messaging, alarms, reception, battery life, screen quality, ergonomics, sound quality. admittedly bb10 was not up to par on a few these. the hub is a mess with gmail, you could only set ONE alarm with base version (which is what most people still have), calendar has some issues. these will be fixed. blackberry 10/z10/q10 are fantastic phones, but not if you want a bunch of add on apps. yes you can sideload android apps... there is an exception to every argument, but in the end, for a solid phone, its awesome.
    moody likes this.
    09-02-13 05:00 PM
    I haven't a clue what the market share is here in the UK though I'd wager its a good deal better than in the US. I see a fair number of older BBs about and have also seen one other Z10 in the wild besides my own (mind you I don't get out and about where I can see a lot of mobile phones). And as I reported earlier, my experience in the O2 store in Bristol yesterday suggests that they aren't being heavily discounted on contract, and they're well displayed as well as being well-promoted in the O2 catalogue. And the when people have asked my about my Z10 the nature of the questions has been "is that the new Blackberry?" Rather than "what sort of phone is that?" suggesting there is general awareness of the product.

But I also see Fiats, and Alfas, and Peugeots roaming about as well.
    We are really talking BB10 here I think, not 99xx and such.
    09-02-13 05:01 PM
    Was at the tmobile store in Seattle today. They sold a z10 while I was there. And the sales person said they sold 6 over the weekend. That sounds perfectly healthy to me. And they had a full display.

Posted via CB10
    moody and DJM626 like this.
    09-02-13 05:01 PM
    Professionals have kids. And they don't want their children to be in the cult of apple. Bbry is all I expose my children too. They don't need to be mind controlled.

That's hilarious. You don't want them to be mind controlled, but only expose them to Blackberry. Priceless irony!
    Posted via CB10
    h20work and 21stNow like this.
    09-02-13 05:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Since 2007. A phone isn't a house. You can put whatever furniture you want into whatever house you buy. With a phone, you can only add the stuff that fits that house. And if there isn't any, you are sleeping on the floor. In 2013 a phone and OS are tools to deliver apps smoothly to you. They have little value for many, maybe most people if they don't do that well in my opinion, and that of many given sales on BB10 devices.
    21stNow likes this.
    09-02-13 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    A home is only truly a home if it is used and lived in.
    09-02-13 05:04 PM
451 ... 1112131415 ...