Ever notice people who blame America never mention what bb's market share is in their uptopic society???
    Exactly what are these awesome BB10 markets that they are living in what kind of massive sales are happening there?

Posted via CB10
    h20work and boi2012 like this.
    09-02-13 02:38 PM
    Carriers and sales reps are not selling phones to people who want them is a big issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 02:43 PM
    Which incredible companies are you talking about?
    Have you ever hear of such cars as the Peugeot 205GTI? Peugeot 406 Coupe? Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo? Alfa Romeo GTV? Landrover Defender? The Ford Mondeo (Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique stateside) was a massive hit in Europe and the rest of the world but sank like a stone in the US.
    09-02-13 02:52 PM
    Have you ever hear of such cars as the Peugeot 205GTI? Peugeot 406 Coupe? Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo? Alfa Romeo GTV? Landrover Defender? The Ford Mondeo (Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique stateside) was a massive hit in Europe and the rest of the world but sank like a stone in the US.
    So you are saying that Blackberry is the Peugeot of smartphones? Works for me.
    phuoc and axllebeer like this.
    09-02-13 03:02 PM
    Just go to Amazon. If you haven't heard, this is the digital age, direct shipping is the way to go. Hell I can't remember the last time I was in a corporate store.. oh wait, when I wanted to see the device that I ordered online.
    09-02-13 03:06 PM
    Well looks like I'll be installing a 10.2 leak instead of waiting for the official update from tmobile...wonderful, I shelled out 600$ three weeks ago for this phone.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Q10 with the 10.2.0.1323 leak + unlocked android runtime and really like it. I believe you will like it much better than stock OS as well.
    09-02-13 03:14 PM
    Just don't order from T-mobile, problem solved
    damien kupuku and Bfalcon1 like this.
    09-02-13 03:18 PM
    Peugeot died int the US because they were horrible cars that broke down all the time and we're expensive to fix. Brand image in the US was crap (much like BlackBerry has become) and they had to pull out. Alfa Romeo was the same issue. Fiat is back in the US with the 500 and they are doing quite well but they marketed the hell out of it. Ford is doing very well in the US again after a dark time, but with other models. The US car market is very different from Europe because we are not taxed to death on gas, or crazy things like motor size etc.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow, moody and danprown like this.
    09-02-13 03:19 PM
    Oh the irony...

09-02-13 03:33 PM
    "U.S. is the world's most dynamic consumer market which is why when brands "make it" in the U.S."

Is that why stale iPhone with two year old specs is still the most popular smartphone in this market. In my opinion, US market is the most biased and media controlled market in the world with most consumers having herd like mentality and an IQ of a five year old. BB10 too complicated to use with steep learning curve, anyone? We didn't hear that until the BB10 phones were released in the states.
    phuoc and neoberry99 like this.
    09-02-13 03:40 PM
    "U.S. is the world's most dynamic consumer market which is why when brands "make it" in the U.S."

Is that why stale iPhone with two year old specs is still the most popular smartphone in this market. In my opinion, US market is the most biased and media controlled market in the world with most consumers having herd like mentality and an IQ of a five year old. BB10 too complicated to use with steep learning curve, anyone? We didn't hear that until the BB10 phones were released in the states.
    I have both an iPhone 5 and a Q10. The learning curve on the Q10 doesnt seem unusual, less so than on Android phones I think. The problem with the Q10 in my opinion is that it has unfortunately managed to combine lower capability with less ease of use when compared to an iPhone. That isn't a good combination. At least in the US.
    09-02-13 03:50 PM

And bbry's market share is what in your country? I hope it's better than the stale two year old iPhone
    kbz1960 and 21stNow like this.
    09-02-13 04:00 PM
    US market is the most biased and media controlled market in the world with most consumers having herd like mentality and an IQ of a five year old.
    Insulting an entire country's population? Wonder who's IQ we can call into question?
    kbz1960 and 21stNow like this.
    09-02-13 04:08 PM
    Wow..Peugeot and Fiat of the 80's and 90's..thank God they did not succeed as they were c**p..
    Fiat Coupe sales...if you call that a success 72,762 sold in 7 years with average price of $18,000
    Fiat Coup� - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    09-02-13 04:10 PM
    Wow..Peugeot and Fiat of the 80's and 90's..thank God they did not succeed as they were c**p..
    Fiat Coupe sales...if you call that a success 72,762 sold in 7 years with average price of $18,000
    Let's just pretend ford isn't an American brand either to help support their argument
    09-02-13 04:15 PM
    Insulting an entire country's population? Wonder who's IQ we can call into question?
    *Whose........

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:16 PM
    Peugeot died int the US because they were horrible cars that broke down all the time and we're expensive to fix. Brand image in the US was crap (much like BlackBerry has become) and they had to pull out. Alfa Romeo was the same issue. Fiat is back in the US with the 500 and they are doing quite well but they marketed the hell out of it. Ford is doing very well in the US again after a dark time, but with other models. The US car market is very different from Europe because we are not taxed to death on gas, or crazy things like motor size etc.

Posted via CB10
    Peugeot has always been known for building simple, mechanically reliable cars - maybe not Mercedes league, but no worse than the average North American domestic market Ford, GM, or Chrysler product. Alfa and Fiat did gain bad reputations for terminal rust and electrical problems, but those have not been issues.for close to 20 years, and they have produced some amazing cars since then. And you haven't addressed the issue of the Mondeo/Contour/Mystique where the issue can't be tied down to poor reputation as I believe Ford still sells cars in the US

I specifically chose cars that earned accolades for their handling, performance, or styling and which are all qualitatively superior to anything put out by the Big Three in the equivalent model years. I mean would you really prefer a Ford Thunderbird to a Peugeot 406 Coupe. (Admittedly a Shelby Omni GLHS might be faster around the track than a 205GTI, but the Omni of course was actually a European design).
    09-02-13 04:18 PM

Two years old specs my a** but it still beat the Z10 in everything from battery life to productivity..and the most important thing, Sales and yes even in your country lol
    I got it Blackberry users are smart all other are stupid, Blackberry phones are phones all others are toys...how stupid is such thinking?
    09-02-13 04:18 PM
    Peugeot has always been known for building simple, mechanically reliable cars - maybe not Mercedes league, but no worse than the average North American domestic market Ford, GM, or Chrysler product. Alfa and Fiat did gain bad reputations for terminal rust and electrical problems, but those have not been issues.for close to 20 years, and they have produced some amazing cars since then. And you haven't addressed the issue of the Mondeo/Contour/Mystique where the issue can't be tied down to poor reputation as I believe Ford still sells cars in the US

I specifically chose cars that earned accolades for their handling, performance, or styling and which are all qualitatively superior to anything put out by the Big Three in the equivalent model years. I mean would you really prefer a Ford Thunderbird to a Peugeot 406 Coupe. (Admittedly a Shelby Omni GLHS might be faster around the track than a 205GTI, but the Omni of course was actually a European design).
    Handling, performance and styling don't count for much if the wheels have a tendency to fall off. At least in the US. You also neglected to mention all of those American brands were taking a huge beating in the US market as well. Largely due to reliability and QC issues. The nuanced explanation, well, it really isnt that nuanced but I'll cut you some slack, is that different markets may value some parameter of a product, say reliability, more or less than other markets. That is sort of basic stuff to understand about the world, at lease for us stupid Americans. How that applies to BB, which as far as I know isnt doing that well anywhere, is beyond me.
    danprown likes this.
    09-02-13 04:23 PM
    Hi I'm John, I'm a 40 year old American (with a genius level iq) who has only owned bb's for 10+ years. Market share in my country is beyond abysmal.

I somehow doubt those who like to blame America will offer any type of response.
    kbz1960 and danprown like this.
    09-02-13 04:23 PM
    Marketing. That's all. The z is the best phone on the market. Peek hub flow

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:30 PM
    *Whose........

Posted via CB10
    Alcohol may be involved, it's a holiday
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-02-13 04:32 PM
    Apple outages dont kill their users internet connection lol
    you see bbry devices run thru BIS as a proxy to encrypt and compress
    this does iccludw bbm and internet signal which has been proven many times over with the 2009 outage
    the only thing that could goes down if apple goes down is imessenger
    we're not talking about updates we're talking about connections

bbry phones regardless of the generation still use bbry proxy servers

yes if your email server goes down your down however it doesnt kill your internet signal which should be provider dependent
    No Phi, bb10 devices _do not_ use BIS.
    You're talking bb7 devices.
    Bb10 is the same as Iphone/android in terms of internet access.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:33 PM
    Marketing. That's all. The z is the best phone on the market. Peek hub flow

Posted via CB10
    if it was it would have sold and carriers would still carry it..
    09-02-13 04:34 PM
    Um, it was a relatively low production flagship model, and I'm pretty sure they cost a bit more than $18,000 new. Sure you're not getting your �s and $s confused?
    09-02-13 04:34 PM
451 ... 1011121314 ...