My manager told me the other day that all blackberry 10 devices will now be only available via direct ship. I work at a corporate store in cleveland I have to go check the Email but I'm not sure if this has just affected NorthEast Ohio. Does anyone know is this nationwide.

Posted via CB10
    I heard he same thing in Florida. Unsure if it was in a radio shack or best buy
    09-02-13 09:52 AM
    Sprint is direct ship only too. I went in to get 3 for family members and was told it had to be ordered. WTF do carrier's just want 2 types of phones? So what they don't sell like the other still offer them in ur stores.

Posted via CB10
    They are supposed to be in store in less than two weeks. Initial orders were on line only for those of us who couldn't wait.
    09-02-13 09:53 AM
    Hmmm -- I'm a "businessman" and I'm from New York City. In all my meetings in NYC, I've yet to see a single "businessman" with a BB10 device (a few have BB7 devices and not a single one is planning to "upgrade" to BB10 while some are just waiting for the new iPhone this fall before upgrading). In fact, in all my travels in NYC, I've only seen 2 BB10 devices while going around the city on foot, on the subway or at either Laguardia or Newark airports (I don't use JFK).

My work takes me to the midwest often (Ohio in particular) and I've never seen BB10 out there either.
    Iv'e seen tons. Im in the UK and US and Fr
    09-02-13 09:54 AM
    Why can't they?
    There you go again, bringing up facts.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:58 AM
    Yes, but then it's depending on the firms BES, not blackberries'
    So would an outage of the proxy also hit managed android and iPhone, no matter if on BES or mobile iron.

What should this proxy be, that is generation independent?

Posted via CB10
    Not really as iphone and androids dont run off a proxy
    bbm does

only if the firm is reliant on bes10 which is doubtful with the mdm services that already do android and iphone
    09-02-13 10:00 AM
    If this is true I will leave T-Mobile once my contract is up.
    09-02-13 10:01 AM
    Trucking ? I guess they might as well start trucking ( Keep Moving ? ) because there phones sure aren't.

I know it is HARD for Loyal BB users that are insanely in love with an electronic device to accept it but how on earth can all you people not see that all at BB is not well ? I mean it is absurd. Oh well. maybe the next Q results will change peoples minds but somehow I really don't believe it.
    Do you own BlackBerry10? If not, then keep your mouth shot, because you don't understand how satisfied we are with our device. Use it first before you say something. You are just making assumption without using the device and the software.

Posted via my elegant Z10
    09-02-13 10:04 AM
    I just talked to my friend who is a T-Mobile manager in Michigan.

He has yet to hear anything about this.

Even with phone lines that don't sell, he likes to keep at least a couple in stock for impulse buyers.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:05 AM
    I totally agree. The U.S. is the world's most dynamic consumer market which is why when brands "make it" in the U.S., they're virtually guaranteed worldwide success. Many international brands plan for years in their home markets before trying their luck in the U.S. market where they can truly "make it big".

Blaming the U.S. or U.S. consumers is a total cop out. Where was all this hate when the U.S. President refused to give up his personal BB after being elected?

Face it. BB10 (unlike BBOS in its day) was not ready for prime time (in any market especially the U.S. market) and its utter failure to make it big in the U.S. is entirely because of BBRY's poor product marketing, the lousy OS and the mediocre hardware.
    You forgot the apps, unless that was implicit in the comment about the OS - calling it ?lousy" because it didn't have much available software. In any case I agree. In my opinion BB10 devices would have been real standouts 3 to 5 years ago. Today I don't think they are competitive as smartphones- mobile computing platforms. I like the Q10 keyboard but most people don't care as much about that I guess. I view my Q10 as a stripped down, small device for a few specialized tasks, to compliment my iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    theflew likes this.
    09-02-13 10:06 AM
    I think Blackberry should start selling unlocked phones directly in the USA. It is obvious that phone carriers do not give a crap about blackberry. It is hard to recommend blackberry if phones are re-booting and it takes extra long time for carriers to release 10.1 update.

Blackberry should cut middle man in the us, sell phones cheaper and directly. this is the only way to do it now.
    They are already overpriced compared to the competition in my opinion. Selling them off contract and unlocked would double or triple the price. I'm not seeing that helping much. The problem isn't the carriers, or the customers in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    boi2012 and theflew like this.
    09-02-13 10:16 AM
    Settle down. What makes your word any more important than the OP's? Especially considering the OP actually works for T-Mobile, and you are calling them on a long weekend where changes are not likely to be put in place or even communicated to staff until Tuesday.

Any reliable site that is reporting on this will undoubtedly follow up with store managers as well.
    Not only does she think her word should be superior and "the end all," but she fails to realize that it would be a disadvantage for T-mobile to publicly acknowledge the insider email. Other T-mobile stores still have BB10 stock to dump off onto the public. Who is going to buy the remainder of their dead stock if they get word, it's being discontinued? Very few.

It seems like T-mobile has already sold off stock and pulled sales/inventory on Bestbuy.com and Amazon.com. So, the OP and others before the OP who claimed that Tmobile and other carriers were discontinuing sales of BB10 devices once they sell off or return stock, seem to be accurate. And for that reason the proof is in the pudding. I think some people are finally waking up and becoming realist on this board and are seeing things for what they really are, rather than trying to shoot down the truth.
    09-02-13 10:18 AM
    Do you own BlackBerry10? If not, then keep your mouth shot, because you don't understand how satisfied we are with our device. Use it first before you say something. You are just making assumption without using the device and the software.

Posted via my elegant Z10
    I am an owner and user and I am not satisfied. My playbook has no real connectivity with my z10. My text messages keep disappearing. My selection of apps is mediocre. It has unrealized potential buy given the state of things it will likely not be much approved. Apple in my opinion offers the best user experience overall.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:24 AM
    Settle down. What makes your word any more important than the OP's? Especially considering the OP actually works for T-Mobile, and you are calling them on a long weekend where changes are not likely to be put in place or even communicated to staff until Tuesday.

Any reliable site that is reporting on this will undoubtedly follow up with store managers as well.
    Go ahead, Sherlock. Report back. But my info came from a store manager, not his dentist.
    09-02-13 10:33 AM
    How does the third largest carrier pull BlackBerry and the Q10hasnt even been out for 2 months

Posted via CB10
    H'mmm, my assumption is that your "question" is rhetorical. The dilemma with T Mobile, and even more so to come Verizon (my belief), does not originate with the Q10. It originate(s/d), of course, with the BB10 and Z10 U.S. intros in March. As reported in CB extending back to May, T Mobile essentially stopped supporting the Blackberry's as there were truly half as many returns as sales in many stores .... and that's a hard act to follow. By support, it meant that TM was not going to go out of their way to either market OS10 phones, offer special training to reps so that they could field BB questions, push sales of Z (later Q) phones, nor be in any great rush to release OS10 revs. Frankly, this appeared to be little different from any of the U.S. carriers. There were only rare occasions of reports from specific carrier locations that may have endorsed BB's new OS10 phones. But clearly, none of the corporate mgmt. of any major U.S. carrier had/s sent an edict to place the BB above the IOS, Droid nor even W8 phones.

The Q, then, was dead from the get-go, not for its "qwerty", that many legacy BB users insisted on waiting, but rather for the "quirky" BB10 that both ignored inclusion of many features that legacy users had come to rely and was/is simply an unreliable "out-of-the-box" OS--unlike OS7 or even OS5. BB required 4+mm Q's sold in its first quarter--especially after the Z's failure at (still unverified) 2mm(?) sold--maybe as low as 1mm net units. Frankly, I'm not so sure that the Q will outsell (by much) the pathetic Z intro. When have you seen either a Z or Q on the street???? [Note: I need not even mention, here, the deficiency in Apps nor gaps in eco-system--acceptable for new industry OS technology but not, less so, for a new competitor of existing technology as in the case of BB10.]

Blackberry should have, again as reported, consolidated and focused on 2 carriers--maybe even 1--in the U.S. (Any other person that truly had to have a blackberry--and didn't want to switch carrier--could buy an unlocked one.) Admittedly, however, BB also needed to build in a better incentive for the carriers to push the phone on at least par basis with the Apples and Samsungs. By watering down its marketing, BB got no traction in the U.S. (Now one might argue that this consolidation would have made little difference and, yes, there was no guarantee that BB could/can survive despite any changes that were/are made in marketing.)

What's as certain (as taxes--and recent IRS corruption) is that BB will not remain an independent company that sells hardware and software. It may limp, still technically alive, into 2014 but will be purchased sometime in the next year....ahead of even all virtually negative prognostications as recently as mid-May. BUT sales have also been even more abysmal than the worst downside projections and, not too far from exaggeration, BB is hard pressed to give their phones away today.

H'mmm, and just when (leaks of) OS10 is starting to represent a viable/dependable alternative to Droid and IOS. But BB had to have nearer perfection with its OS10 than any of its predecessors as it was 3 years late to the party. Perched precariously overhead has been that financial Sword of Damocles now within inches of a fatal blow. Mgmt. arrogance and board inaction would appear to have cost any prospects for a healthy BB (and loyal consumer's) future.

Simply put, the carriers will support today's winners and supply shelf space to the phones in most demand and/or that will bring them the most $$$$.. Just the facts .... loyal BB user for years ... but also have lived through the same mgmt./corp destructive behavior--long before BB/RIM existed--where leading company's simply don't adapt. ... Blackberry was gone two years ago but for its (to be) grand introduction of the Z/OS10 that had to blow IOS and Droid phones away. None of this came to pass............and we've had much puffery backed by few results.

To the extent that anyone within BB reads these posts, take this as a challenge against the odds or an epitaph for resignation to the highly probable sale of BB!!

------
    Limping along with my Z10, leaked OS10, and legacy BB phones
    Last edited by M65c02; 09-03-13 at 10:34 AM.
    danprown and theflew like this.
    09-02-13 10:42 AM
    It's called wifi. Just like the last 2009 outage I didn't care less. I didn't have access to bbm big deal. I could text just fine without it. I can walk all over the city with free hotspots.

Plenty of other ways to get emails too.
    As I recall, a wi-fi receiver wasn't added to BlackBerry devices until 2007.
    09-02-13 10:56 AM
    No Americans are just too stupid to recognize a good product. It's why many incredible and innovative companies have totally pulled out of the US market in the past.
    Really. Care to list five of those "many incredible and innovative companies"?
    09-02-13 10:58 AM
    Interesting points. The issue with the returns is key. Whatever happened with the investigation on the outfit reporting that returns outnumbered sales initially?

H'mmm, my assumption is that your "question" is rhetorical. The dilemma with T Mobile and even more so to come Verizon (my belief) does not originate with the Q10. It originate(s/d), or course, with BB10 and the Z10 U.S. intro in March. As reported in CB extending to May, T Mobile essentially stopped supporting the Blackberry's as there were truly half as many returns as sales in many stores .... and that's a hard act to follow. By support, it meant that TM was not going to go out of their way to either market OS10 phones, offer special training to consumer reps so that they could field BB questions, push sales of Z (later Q) phones, nor be in any great rush to release OS10 revs. Frankly, this appeared to be little different with any of the U.S. carriers. There were only rare occasions of reports of specific location of carriers appearing to push the new OS10 phones, but it was clear that none of the corporate mgmt. of any major U.S. carrier sent an edict to place the BB above the IOS, Droid nor even W8 phones.

The Q, then, was dead from the get-go, not for its "qwerty", that many legacy BB users insisted on waiting, but for the "quirky" BB10 that both disbanded many features that legacy users had come to rely and was/is simply an unreliable "out-of-the-box" OS--unlike OS7 or even OS5. BB required 4+mm Q's sold in its first quarter--especially after the Z's failure at (still unverified) 2mm(?) sold--maybe as little as 1mm net. Frankly, I'm not so sure that the Q will outsell (by much) the pathetic Z intro. When have you seen either a Z or Q on the street????

Blackberry should have, again as reported, consolidated and focused on 2 carriers--maybe even 1--in the U.S. (Any other person that truly had to have a blackberry--and didn't want to switch carrier--could buy an unlocked one.) Admittedly, however, BB also needed to build in a better incentive for the carriers to push the phone on at least par basis with the Apples and Samsungs. By watering down its marketing, BB got no traction in the U.S. (Now one might argue that this consolidation would have made little difference and, yes, there was no guarantee that BB could/can survive despite any changes that were/are made in marketing.)

What's as certain (as taxes--and recent IRS corruption) is that BB will not remain an independent company that sells hardware and software. It may limp, still technically alive, into 2014 but will be purchased sometime in the next year....ahead of even all virtually negative prognostications as recently as mid-May. BUT sales have also been even more abysmal than the worst downside projections and, not too far from exaggeration, BB is hard pressed to give their phones away today.

H'mmm, and just when (leaks of) OS10 is starting to represent a viable/dependable alternative to Droid and IOS. But BB had to have nearer perfection with its OS10 than any of its predecessors as it was 3 years late to the party. Perched precariously overhead has been that financial Sword of Damocles now within inches of a fatal blow. Mgmt. arrogance and board inaction would appear to have cost any prospects for a healthy BB (and loyal consumer's) future.

Simply put, the carriers will support today's winners and supply shelf space to the phones in most demand and/or that will bring them the most $$$$.. Just the facts .... loyal BB user for years ... but also have lived through the same mgmt./corp destructive behavior--long before BB/RIM existed--where leading company's simply don't adapt. ... Blackberry was gone two years ago but for its (to be) grand introduction of the Z/OS10 that had to blow IOS and Droid phones away. None of this came to pass............and we've had much puffery backed by few results.

To the extent that anyone within BB reads these posts, take this as a challenge against the odds or an epitaph for resignation to the highly probable sale of BB!!

------
    Limping along with my Z10, leaked OS10, and legacy BB phones
    09-02-13 11:16 AM
    Really. Care to list five of those "many incredible and innovative companies"?
    I would go with:

Intel
    Apple
    IBM
    Google
    Cisco

But I'm sure there are other examples
    09-02-13 11:17 AM
    I'm not trolling I've been team BlackBerry for quite some time but I have a 925 and windows is closing in on 3rd place OS but I'm still BlackBerry until they call it quits

Posted via CB10
    How can Windows Phone 8 be closing in on 3rd place when they've already Flopped in North America? I take this news of yours with a grain of salt. And because of this thread, you have sites like N4BB reporting this as NEWS.
    This thread is causing more harm then good.
    http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_os...309-201309-bar
    Last edited by nt300; 09-02-13 at 11:31 AM.
    09-02-13 11:20 AM
    The mid segment is a win for Nokia. Nokia lumia 520 sales very hard and instead thing to upgrade z10 in plus als thinking to get a z10 in low segment. Using the same model with 1.0 Ghz and call it Z5.

Posted via CB10
    Yes because they are giving Nokia phones for free. For every Nokia phone being sold, they are losing.
    09-02-13 11:27 AM
    In so disappointed with the some of the people in this community. A Lot of negativity towards Blackberry..at troll levels, and random americans on here just spewing garbage......smh.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:30 AM
    In so disappointed with the some of the people in this community. A Lot of negativity towards Blackberry..at troll levels, and random americans on here just spewing garbage......smh.

Posted via CB10
    Fully agree, and the worst part is they are taking this nonsense and making it seem as if it was FACTS. Until I hear something concrete from BlackBerry or the Carrier, its complete nonsense and a fabrication to make BBRY look bad.
    09-02-13 11:33 AM
    How can Windows Phone 8 be closing in on 3rd place when they've already Flopped in North America? I take this news of yours with a grain of salt. And because of this thread, you have sites like N4BB reporting this as NEWS.
    This thread is causing more harm then good.
    Actually Windows phone is already at 3rd place and has been gaining suprising momentum.

"In the smartphone operating system (OS) market (see Table 2), Microsoft took over BlackBerry for the first time, taking the No. 3 spot with 3.3 percent market share in the second quarter of 2013. �While Microsoft has managed to increase share and volume in the quarter, Microsoft should continue to focus on growing interest from app developers to help grow its appeal among users,� said Mr. Gupta. Android continued to increase its lead, garnering 79 percent of the market in the second quarter."

Gartner Says Smartphone Sales Grew 46.5 Percent in Second Quarter of 2013 and Exceeded Feature Phone Sales for First Time

I understand it isn't good news but it is the reality of BB's situation.
    Etios and theflew like this.
    09-02-13 11:34 AM
    As I recall, a wi-fi receiver wasn't added to BlackBerry devices until 2007.
    Yes and the outage happened in 2009 that was all over the news

wifi was limited to 9000 series and some later 8000 series
    bbry has a bad habbit of remaking pearls and curves and bolds
    09-02-13 11:40 AM
    Personally, I want to see BB start selling their phones directly from them like Apple does. They did it with the PlayBook and should continue that trend. From carriers as well but would be an easy option to just buy direct.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 09-03-13 at 01:44 AM.
    SK122387 and DJM626 like this.
    09-02-13 11:41 AM
451 ... 89101112 ...