The German government may be pretty competent, but I wouldn't say the US government agreeing to spend money on something is a ringing endorsement...they spend money on just about anything. Just look at the F-35....
    Off topic, but I'm afraid Israel will get more F35 than BB10.
    Not a single word about BB10 and Blackberry here.
    BlackBerry was popular among corporate and sales people before 2 years.
    But now, nobody knows about new phones.
    Though everyone is talking about F35
    helio9965, danprown and h20work like this.
    09-02-13 05:14 AM
    It's maybe time for Blackberry to concentrate to canada, Europe, South America and Asia, Afrika and Middle East and only sell enterprice protected phone''s in the US and get a support site up for selling BB10 mobile's with a discount and quick repair (swap) for consumers.

It's 4 me still a clue why they build a second qwerty mobile instead of a second touchscreen because the whole consumer market is touchscreen. Blackberry made the mistake that qwerty will be back because they build the best touchscreen OS I ever experied for touchscreen ,so again why a second qwerty.

I think they must get quick an upgrade Z10 -call it Z10-plus or Z11 with 1,7 Ghz, 12 MP camera and 32 Gb memory. Sell out Z10 and start with Z30 with 1,7 Ghz , 12MP camera and 32 Gb. And advertise with Z10plus and Z30 in commercials.
    Last edited by whatsever; 09-02-13 at 06:12 AM.
    09-02-13 05:57 AM
    Z5 is also needed to fill the low-end touchscreen market

Posted via CB10
    nt300 and whatsever like this.
    09-02-13 06:29 AM
    NSA can't spy on BlackBerry devices so it's not a good thing for Americans !

Posted via Le White Z10
    jaffna_guy likes this.
    09-02-13 06:39 AM
    It's maybe time for Blackberry to concentrate to canada, Europe, South America and Asia, Afrika and Middle East.
    Sales have fallen off a cliff in most if not all of these markets, BBRY has a sales problem not a US problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-02-13 06:43 AM
    Not at all, you have active sync not BIS
    And the policies are applied directly from BES

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I said... read

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-02-13 06:47 AM
    Annnd? The phone is still working, and will continue to work just fine for the next few years.. You should be glad this happened actually, because now you get to experience the awesome 10.2 update which you would have had to wait months for otherwise. This is a time to be excited, not angry [;

But really, the phone still works just fine and will keep working fine even if T-Mobile doesn't promote it in their store.
    Unfortunately, I don't share your optimism. When carriers don't have confidence in a device because of poor sales, it does mean "years", it likely means far less than that. When a major carrier like T-mobile is seeing such dismal sales of a particular product that it is pulling them off the shelves (thereby making it impossible for any potential customer to try/touch the product before buying it), they've basically said that demand is so low that they can't continue to waste time, real estate and support for a product no one wants.

The only question, then, becomes who next? AT&T? Verizon? Or, in Canada, Rogers? Bell? Telus? I'm a T-mobile customer and from what I've seen, T-mobile has shown higher growth rates among post-paid subscribers for the past couple of quarters than the other U.S. carriers. If a carrier in growth mode sees your products as not being worth it, then it won't take "years".
    09-02-13 06:48 AM
    I called a local T-Mobile here and got the same thing...everyone chill out. Q10 still has a fighting chance, especially with the release onto Sprint. They will get something out of that, you watch. Even if this turns out to be true eventually nationwide, how many people think of T-Mobile (with the hot Liv-Tyler-esque chick mascot in fashionista cutie-pie pink outfits, mind you) as a "businessman's carrier" ? I will tell you, actually - not many. Verizon / AT&T/Sprint are the big boys for that side of things anyway, which is (more traditionally) Blackberry's turf...

I'd like to comment on the WSJ article briefly also, for what it's worth - did anyone else notice that the midwest was where those stores were located ? You know what else WSJ didn't mention ? Although it should be obvious : the Midwest hardly represents all of America's smartphone users. Hear of a little place called New York City, anyone ?
    Map the iPhone Users In Any City, And You Know Where the Rich Live - Emily Badger - The Atlantic Cities
    Hmmm -- I'm a "businessman" and I'm from New York City. In all my meetings in NYC, I've yet to see a single "businessman" with a BB10 device (a few have BB7 devices and not a single one is planning to "upgrade" to BB10 while some are just waiting for the new iPhone this fall before upgrading). In fact, in all my travels in NYC, I've only seen 2 BB10 devices while going around the city on foot, on the subway or at either Laguardia or Newark airports (I don't use JFK).

My work takes me to the midwest often (Ohio in particular) and I've never seen BB10 out there either.
    09-02-13 06:53 AM
    The US hate cracks me up. Keep seeing people comment about how dumb Americans are and how we can't think for ourselves and we're all in a herd. So on and so on.
    I totally agree. The U.S. is the world's most dynamic consumer market which is why when brands "make it" in the U.S., they're virtually guaranteed worldwide success. Many international brands plan for years in their home markets before trying their luck in the U.S. market where they can truly "make it big".

Blaming the U.S. or U.S. consumers is a total cop out. Where was all this hate when the U.S. President refused to give up his personal BB after being elected?

Face it. BB10 (unlike BBOS in its day) was not ready for prime time (in any market especially the U.S. market) and its utter failure to make it big in the U.S. is entirely because of BBRY's poor product marketing, the lousy OS and the mediocre hardware.
    danprown, TgeekB, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    09-02-13 07:03 AM
    I think Blackberry should start selling unlocked phones directly in the USA. It is obvious that phone carriers do not give a crap about blackberry. It is hard to recommend blackberry if phones are re-booting and it takes extra long time for carriers to release 10.1 update.

Blackberry should cut middle man in the us, sell phones cheaper and directly. this is the only way to do it now.
    jaffna_guy, Sexy Sadie and DJM626 like this.
    09-02-13 07:43 AM
    I think Blackberry should start selling unlocked phones directly in the USA. It is obvious that phone carriers do not give a crap about blackberry. It is hard to recommend blackberry if phones are re-booting and it takes extra long time for carriers to release 10.1 update.

Blackberry should cut middle man in the us, sell phones cheaper and directly. this is the only way to do it now.
    You are right. More people will agree with you.
    09-02-13 08:08 AM
    Z5 is also needed to fill the low-end touchscreen market

Posted via CB10
    The mid segment is a win for Nokia. Nokia lumia 520 sales very hard and instead thing to upgrade z10 in plus als thinking to get a z10 in low segment. Using the same model with 1.0 Ghz and call it Z5.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:26 AM
    It should be noted that the week after the Z10 came out T mobile finally starting selling the iPhone. With their new service plans people would have an opportunity to get an iPhone without being tied to 2 year contract. So I would say bad timing is a factor. When I got my Z10 on launch have day the first rep had no idea there was a new blackberry he suggested I get a Samsung. The other rep had no idea how to use the phone. She stood frustrated wondering how to get back to home screen. So I had to "train " the t-mobile reps I brought my Z10 from. I had tried another store but they said they couldn't sell it yet.

When the Q10 came out I went to a store a t-mobile store on release day and they told me they had no demo unit and phone wasn't out yet. I tried another store the next day and they said they had it but demo unit was not set up yet.

So seems to me t-mobile reps had little interest in new blackberry. I live in NYC and this is just a small sample of 4 stores so can't say this is universal for t-mobile but it did happen.

Incidently I notice now AT&T have blackberry adds all over NYC saying choose your keyboard with q10 and z10 both pictured. So seems not all carriers have given up on BlackBerry
    09-02-13 08:32 AM
    it is interesting that CEOs of these national phone carriers who are smart people i am sure do not see that duopoly is simply not good for their bottom line. Apple is in control and i fail to understand how is this good for them. they should seriously consider showing finger to apple and start supporting underdog like blackberry to spur more competition.
    09-02-13 08:37 AM
    I can't believe this thread got traction on Twitter and the Internet. Scratching my head why a site like N4BB Would quote this thread and post to their site. Microcosm of the problem. Even BlackBerry supporters are piling on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    09-02-13 08:43 AM
    In my country, people don't rely on carriers when they purchase mobile phones unless they want to go with contract.

I bought my Z10 from local retail shop. No issues with software update as it depends on simcard, not where the phone was bought from.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:04 AM
    You mean wasting space? Dont you?
    Things have to move in order to be sold in stores
    would you really want 10phones to sit for 5-6months before they sell 1?

Bbry just aint selling and its shouldnt be a surprise subpar hardware at prrmium prices are they insane?
    if you havent noticed bbry barely sells 1m world wide bb10 phones per month so far
    there are more then 2 types lets see windows phone android ios quick msging phones and phones that dont turn into bricks everytime bbry crashes
    you know the type of phones you pick up and use rather then scratch your head and wonder why you even touched it

fyi people do get tired of service outages if you google bbry outages theynhappen quite often because of the nature of bbry phones they are tethered meaning if the local node or the central server goes down so does everything internet related on your phone this coming from a company that promises 99.9% uptime lol

bbry recebtly got fined millions for the last outage in indonesia
    You are not using Z10 keyboard, right? Check your spelling...lol

Posted via my elegant Z10
    09-02-13 09:13 AM
    The USA is only 300 million of 6 billion. A good percentage of Europe, Asia, Canada, South and Central America like their BlackBerry devices and are happy with their carrier as well. The big 3 here advertise BlackBerry quite often on TV. You can't force the carrier to do anything, so I would just tell them to pound sand. If someone wants a BlackBerry device they will go with a carrier that offers it.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    Customers will go to carriers to buy BlackBerry but the sales rep will say negative things on the phone and will sell androids and iPhones to them.

Posted via my elegant Z10
    09-02-13 09:18 AM
    NSA can't spy on BlackBerry devices so it's not a good thing for Americans !

Posted via Le White Z10
    Why can't they?
    09-02-13 09:22 AM
    My manager told me the other day that all blackberry 10 devices will now be only available via direct ship. I work at a corporate store in cleveland I have to go check the Email but I'm not sure if this has just affected NorthEast Ohio. Does anyone know is this nationwide.

Posted via CB10
    I will check with the chick who wears the pink leather and rides the motorcycle and helicopter and get you an answer.
    09-02-13 09:23 AM
    The news has been posted on at least one website. Below is the message I posted on the "News and Rumors" forum before I realized this thread was the source for the linked article:

I saw an article this morning that according to at least one T-Mobile store employee based in the Cleveland area, due to poor BB10 sales the carrier will discontinue in-store sales of BB10 devices and only sell those devices on-line. The article indicates other T-Mobile employees have confirmed this is the case. As of this posting, T-Mobile has not made any official announcements about its future plans for selling BB10 devices.

Here's the article link:
    Blackberry Woes Continue on Reported T-Mobile Decision
    09-02-13 09:29 AM
    I can't believe this thread got traction on Twitter and the Internet. Scratching my head why a site like N4BB Would quote this thread and post to their site. Microcosm of the problem. Even BlackBerry supporters are piling on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    Would someone please shoot this thread in the back of the head -- I've posted twice (almost ignored as it violates the thread's premise) that my local store (So. Cal) still stocks BBerry Z & Q, intends to in the future, and has heard ZERO from anyone in T-Mo that they are phasing out the phone. Why do we want to perpetuate bad publicity when this is still in the "dubious rumor" category?
    09-02-13 09:34 AM
    Would someone please shoot this thread in the back of the head -- I've posted twice (almost ignored as it violates the thread's premise) that my local store (So. Cal) still stocks BBerry Z & Q, intends to in the future, and has heard ZERO from anyone in T-Mo that they are phasing out the phone. Why do we want to perpetuate bad publicity when this is still in the "dubious rumor" category?
    In all honesty, this thread should be moved to the "News and Rumors" forum because this story is both of those things (especially the latter) right now.
    09-02-13 09:39 AM
    Settle down. What makes your word any more important than the OP's? Especially considering the OP actually works for T-Mobile, and you are calling them on a long weekend where changes are not likely to be put in place or even communicated to staff until Tuesday.

Any reliable site that is reporting on this will undoubtedly follow up with store managers as well.
    boi2012 likes this.
    09-02-13 09:40 AM
    I can't comment on the specifics of this rumor because I frankly haven't seen any hard news stories confirming or denying it. But one thing is seems true - put out rumors in the blogging world and if it is repeated enough, possible fiction can quickly turn into reality.

One thing though is true about online activity. The e-commerce market continues to grow at an incredible pace. There have been tons of reports, not rumors, about this trend. Bricks and mortars stores are not seeing the walk up sales they have seen in the past and in many cases, are looking at ways to reduce their physical size. Best Buy is a great example of this. So who knows what to make of this rumor. Perhaps it relates to consumer behavior in specific markets, perhaps it's BS. I don't know but I do know that having a strong online presence is crucial for any company these days and becoming even more important.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:49 AM
451 ... 7891011 ...