Yup. It's done. I just bought an apple mini iPad. It's years ahead of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Lol "mini ipad" and ios years ahead of BlackBerry? In apps and ecosystem definitely but if you're talking about any other aspect then that's laughable. But please explain your logic, I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-01-13 11:54 PM
    It has more apps, yes, but "years ahead"? Your iPad Mini (not "mini iPad"..) is running iOS6, which has looked and worked almost exactly the same as when the first iPhone launched in 2007.

According to my calculations, that would put the OS years behind BlackBerry 10, which came out this year.

And to push your iPad Mini even further behind, YUP.. IT'S DONE, Apple is about to launch an iPad Mini with a retina display.
    Bet their ipad gets a software upgrade. I pushed the "check for updates" button on my PlayBook, it said "computer says no ****. Cough"
    helio9965 and techvisor like this.
    09-01-13 11:56 PM
    It has more apps, yes, but "years ahead"? Your iPad Mini (not "mini iPad"..) is running iOS6, which has looked and worked almost exactly the same as when the first iPhone launched in 2007.

According to my calculations, that would put the OS years behind BlackBerry 10, which came out this year.

And to push your iPad Mini even further behind, YUP.. IT'S DONE, Apple is about to launch an iPad Mini with a retina display.
    Hey. I've used both. After release 10.1.4xxx my text messages keep disappearing. There are few apps. For gods sakes try to find a premium BlackBerry head set. There is NO ecosystem. Oh I forgot about the 47000 ssbn apps that were loaded on to blackberry world. Well how old is qnx- if that is how we are going to keep score? 1982? That puts it at 31 years. The playbook seems archaic and clumsy and unsupported. My z10 is a fine phone for 2010. I am a proud Canadian and I wanted the Co to succeed. But I hate to say it. I bought two z10s the first day they were released in Canada. I will bet a maple leaf flag no-one on Crackberry ever sees an official 10.3 os update. And I dropped 300 bucks for my mini iPad. I'll call it whatever I damn well please.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel and helio9965 like this.
    09-01-13 11:57 PM
    The US hate cracks me up. Keep seeing people comment about how dumb Americans are and how we can't think for ourselves and we're all in a herd. So on and so on.

It proves how moronic some people really are. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't BlackBerry 10 devices available in more than one country? Ah. Yes they are. So wait, does that mean Canadians are ignorant? It must, because Canadians aren't buying BB10 phones. Doesn't Europe have carriers that sell BB10 devices? I'm pretty sure they do! Man, that must mean Europeans are stupid as well. What other countries are filled with dumb people?

News flash people, no one is buying BlackBerry 10 phones. It don't matter which country it is. People don't want the phones because the phones simply aren't competitive. People in all countries are smart enough to realize that they don't want a BlackBerry 10 phone. They can compare the software features, the ecosystem and hardware specs and see for themselves that BlackBerry 10 is lacking in so many ways yet cost just as much as other smartphones that dont have those problems. That is all BlackBerry's fault. Not the consumers fault.

There are an awful lot of people in the world and only 1 million BlackBerry 10 devices shipped per month. Seems like the problem is much larger than just dumb Americans. But hey, it is easier to blame anyone except BlackBerry right?
    Well said..

The USA was not in the original launch of BB10 with the Z10. Sales sucked even before the USA got evolved.

A system must hit the ground fully ready to do battle these days. Not much time for trial and error.

Something is keeping Thor busy right now....

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    09-01-13 11:57 PM
    God bless America. And Canada.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 12:00 AM
    Ever notice people who blame America never mention what bb's market share is in their uptopic society???
    helio9965 likes this.
    09-02-13 12:05 AM
    Apple outages dont kill their users internet connection lol
    you see bbry devices run thru BIS as a proxy to encrypt and compress
    this does iccludw bbm and internet signal which has been proven many times over with the 2009 outage
    the only thing that could goes down if apple goes down is imessenger
    we're not talking about updates we're talking about connections

bbry phones regardless of the generation still use bbry proxy servers

yes if your email server goes down your down however it doesnt kill your internet signal which should be provider dependent
    It's called wifi. Just like the last 2009 outage I didn't care less. I didn't have access to bbm big deal. I could text just fine without it. I can walk all over the city with free hotspots.

Plenty of other ways to get emails too.
    09-02-13 12:07 AM
    Lol "mini ipad" and ios years ahead of BlackBerry? In apps and ecosystem definitely but if you're talking about any other aspect then that's laughable. But please explain your logic, I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Okay my logic is simple. From the point of view of a user the interface is very well developed, robust with strong features embedded such as siri. Before you go off- look at the cascades - then try using the phone settings,(adobe??) then notice your phone app does not close when you press X. The apps are mature- that is they work very well with the os. I tried an android version and found it inferior to bb10- but not the case with Apple. Now a brief word about apps. The Economist- famed business weekly publication has some of their apps ONLY available for the iPad. Not the business phone BlackBerry. What does that say? I guess, as the British say - the proof is in the pudding. Operating systems are to run the system hardware and software. How is the z10 superior when you consider both the hardware and software (apps)?

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel and helio9965 like this.
    09-02-13 12:07 AM
    I'm sure 6-8 months after the z30 is released, BB10 will get a final coat of wax and Blackandblueberry can circle the drain for a couple more weeks. It's insane that for the last 3+ years, anything these idiots have done is a fail job before it's launched. Playbook - fail. BB10 - fail. Z10 - fail. Q10 - macho fail. Q5 - lolwut?

Why not throw your last resources at actually getting a functional, professional, COMPLETE OS? Instead let's throw cash at f1 teams and Alicia "black panthers 4 life" Keys. Well at least I'm sure the bigwigs got a few nice concerts and races in.
    09-02-13 12:33 AM
    I've said this before on this forum but when the explanation for a company not doing well is to blame its potential customers for not being smart enough to buy its products it has a VERY big problem.
    09-02-13 12:34 AM
    My manager told me the other day that all blackberry 10 devices will now be only available via direct ship. I work at a corporate store in cleveland I have to go check the Email but I'm not sure if this has just affected NorthEast Ohio. Does anyone know is this nationwide.

Posted via CB10
    OP, can you share the tmo email as you claim or a screen shot of it here?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 12:58 AM
    Has nothing to doing with BB10, the archaic legacy devices maybe.

Apple has had many outages as well, no phone OS is immune or company. Heck even outlook was out for a few days..
    THIS! No company doesn't experience outages.
    09-02-13 01:03 AM
    I guess the idea of having the Marketing chief based in New York, USA hasn't worked out as well as BlackBerry hoped. Was kinda funny having a decentralized executive team to begin with but perhaps with video chat and everything, that wasn't seen as a problem. I wonder what they think now.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 01:55 AM
    THIS! No company doesn't experience outages.
    Ever heard of mobile.me, or the hiptop (when Microsoft took it over)? Damn I loved the hiptop (I think it was called the sidekick in the US)!
    09-02-13 02:05 AM
    It's the start if the end. BlackBerry is running out of time.

Posted via CB10
    You're two years late
    09-02-13 02:11 AM

The ignorance -and bitterness- is strong in this one.
    09-02-13 02:23 AM
    Over here in the UK Carphone Warehouse is now selling them for �230 SIM free - less than the price of the Q5. They're also sold out online.

Looks to me that they are selling off all their stock and I would think that we'll see BlackBerry disappear all together over the coming months.

I'm afraid it's over.
    09-02-13 02:38 AM
    Well looks like I'll be installing a 10.2 leak instead of waiting for the official update from tmobile...wonderful, I shelled out 600$ three weeks ago for this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Annnd? The phone is still working, and will continue to work just fine for the next few years.. You should be glad this happened actually, because now you get to experience the awesome 10.2 update which you would have had to wait months for otherwise. This is a time to be excited, not angry [;

But really, the phone still works just fine and will keep working fine even if T-Mobile doesn't promote it in their store.
    09-02-13 02:52 AM
    Boy do I hate to pizz on this parade, since it's halfway down the block, it's got a collection of floats, cheerleaders... Mounties. Canadian folk singers... Just spoke with my local T-Mo store (So. Cal.) and not only do they stock every current BBerry, they fully intend to stock anything new that comes in and they never heard the "direct order only" mantra. Maybe it's a "regional" thing? Or maybe some places in America are less stupid than other places?
    I called a local T-Mobile here and got the same thing...everyone chill out. Q10 still has a fighting chance, especially with the release onto Sprint. They will get something out of that, you watch. Even if this turns out to be true eventually nationwide, how many people think of T-Mobile (with the hot Liv-Tyler-esque chick mascot in fashionista cutie-pie pink outfits, mind you) as a "businessman's carrier" ? I will tell you, actually - not many. Verizon / AT&T/Sprint are the big boys for that side of things anyway, which is (more traditionally) Blackberry's turf...

I'd like to comment on the WSJ article briefly also, for what it's worth - did anyone else notice that the midwest was where those stores were located ? You know what else WSJ didn't mention ? Although it should be obvious : the Midwest hardly represents all of America's smartphone users. Hear of a little place called New York City, anyone ?
    Map the iPhone Users In Any City, And You Know Where the Rich Live - Emily Badger - The Atlantic Cities
    Pirate_King likes this.
    09-02-13 02:54 AM
    Well said..

The USA was not in the original launch of BB10 with the Z10. Sales sucked even before the USA got evolved.

A system must hit the ground fully ready to do battle these days. Not much time for trial and error.

Something is keeping Thor busy right now....

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    Does anyone know/care/comprehend that Iphone sales also slowed quite dramatically this year ? How about that BB10 sales have been good in spots (Dubai, London) ?
    When did we get to the point that having apps was the make or break aspect of smartphones ?
    I think when Americans get criticized (quite rightly,and we do deserve it) for our Jersey-Shore-esque, fast-food devouring lack of attention spans, and thinking of our (amazingly downwards spriraling) descent into some of the worst education standards in the world...one wonders about the guy who walks into a carrier store and says "Sorry, but if this phone doesn't have a dedicated app to let me watch viral Jack-*** videos on Youtube of grown adults glueing their hairy bodies together involving obese men and midgets, then I'm just not buying it." (An aside: On my Iphone, LITERALLY in the time it takes for Pandora to load, I can access it via the browser FASTER.)
    Am I wrong to think the overall usability/likeability of the device itself is more wonderful ?
    09-02-13 03:11 AM
    The German government may be pretty competent, but I wouldn't say the US government agreeing to spend money on something is a ringing endorsement...they spend money on just about anything. Just look at the F-35....
    09-02-13 03:13 AM
    That's why Germany, the backbone of the euro zone adopted BlackBerry 10 and why BlackBerry sponsored a Formula 1 team not a nascar team. Pretty sure US economy isn't the greatest so careful what you say.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean isn't the greatest? It is **** more then 5 years now.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:28 AM
    I'm in NYC and just last wek got a large tri-fold advertisement from T-mobile about the Q10, saying "It's okay to peek" on the front.
    Mind you, I'm only just getting this now.

And I was planning soon to go from AT&T to Tmobile. Why would they not even have them out? It seems no carrier has any sort of
    branding up for Blackberry. All I see in stores are huge signs for Apple and Samsung and Windows and Blackberry are over in the corner next to each with just a small banner.
    Because BlackBerry's marketing is suffering from a serious case of impotency. The sad part is that, the you know...is totally capable...

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 03:39 AM
    Man this sucks I don't want another phone i just wanna BlackBerry to do better.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:52 AM
    I called a local T-Mobile here and got the same thing...everyone chill out. Q10 still has a fighting chance, especially with the release onto Sprint. They will get something out of that, you watch. Even if this turns out to be true eventually nationwide, how many people think of T-Mobile (with the hot Liv-Tyler-esque chick mascot in fashionista cutie-pie pink outfits, mind you) as a "businessman's carrier" ? I will tell you, actually - not many. Verizon / AT&T/Sprint are the big boys for that side of things anyway, which is (more traditionally) Blackberry's turf...

I'd like to comment on the WSJ article briefly also, for what it's worth - did anyone else notice that the midwest was where those stores were located ? You know what else WSJ didn't mention ? Although it should be obvious : the Midwest hardly represents all of America's smartphone users. Hear of a little place called New York City, anyone ?
    Map the iPhone Users In Any City, And You Know Where the Rich Live - Emily Badger - The Atlantic Cities
    Speaking of NY, I read Morgan Stanley will hold off on BlackBerry orders until things clear up. I wonder if other Wall Street institutions will follow or have already taken a wait and see position.
    09-02-13 05:05 AM
451 ... 678910 ...