Next time you're there inquire about a BlackBerry... 5 will get you 10 they'll try and talk you out of BlackBerry.
    Actually a guy was buying a Q10 on my previous visit to the store. They weren't trying to talk him out if it at all. His wife, I think successfully, talked him into buying an iPhone 5 as well as the Q10, however.

Sales reps want happy customers. That's all by and large. If they are steering people away from BB it is likely because they've had some complaints.

I bought my Q10 online and went to a store to get it hooked up, SIM card and such. They seemed interested in it. They hadn't had them in the store long so didn't have much experience with them. The Z10 had been around longer.
    09-01-13 07:47 PM
    Suburb of Chicago...same.

Sad.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    Oh yea it's especially bad in the Chicago area. No one uses a BlackBerry and the rare times I see one it's a BlackBerry os 5-7 device

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 07:49 PM
    It almost seems like BBRY needs to go back to their roots of selling to their enterprise customers in the USA and outside of the USA. They need to rebuild there first. Once they get some momentum with BB10 and BES10 with respect to sales, bug fixes, enhancements, then they can slowly refocus on the consumer market. It almost seems like BBRY's first rise to prominence back in the mid 2000's was an unplanned fluke. Kids looked at BBRY as an exclusive phone used by corporate types, and aspired to own one as well. And with BBM it just enhanced the appeal of the phone. No BBRY will need to work hard if they want to get back in the game. The enterprise is where they really need to start over.
    09-01-13 07:51 PM
    It almost seems like BBRY needs to go back to their roots of selling to their enterprise customers in the USA and outside of the USA. They need to rebuild there first. Once they get some momentum with BB10 and BES10 with respect to sales, bug fixes, enhancements, then they can slowly refocus on the consumer market. It almost seems like BBRY's first rise to prominence back in the mid 2000's was an unplanned fluke. Kids looked at BBRY as an exclusive phone used by corporate types, and aspired to own one as well. And with BBM it just enhanced the appeal of the phone. No BBRY will need to work hard if they want to get back in the game. The enterprise is where they really need to start over.
    They simply didn't have the competition they have now.
    09-01-13 07:54 PM
    BlackBerry getting pulled into the consumer market was definitely unplanned, at least in the beginning. However, BYOD is now widespread, so to win over the corporations, BlackBerry will have to win over the consumers.

Best way to win over consumers? Totes awesome software featuresMake cheaper phones!
    09-01-13 07:58 PM
    Outages happen, so what. Its not a BlackBerry thing. Two weeks ago Outlook was down for days!!! Was if frustrating, sure, did I cancel my email with them, no. Apple has many outages, but you dont hear as much. Sometimes my electricity goes out at my house due to stress on the grid. People lose landline services at times. So in short, technology = service outage. If you want a more reliable way of communicating, walk to your friends house
    and knock at the door. Small percentage that they may not be home.....would that qualify as a service outage??
    Well put!
    09-01-13 08:03 PM
    I got my T-Mo Z10 before they had their demo unit up and running. I had a small crowd of reps huddled around as they watched me set the phone up. A couple weeks before, I went in to see if they had a solid release date yet. The rep said no, but his boss had just been to a management expo regarding the device and came back very enthused. Another time I went in looking for cases and a rep recognized me and asked if I was there for the Q10 (it had just launched). I said no but I was interested in taking a look at it. He pointed me to the demo unit, and then he took out his own Q10 from his pocket and said he really liked it. T-Mobile support was definitely there for the BB10 devices, at least in the KC metro.

My guess as to why it didn't take off in the states? Lack of advertising that made it clear this was a brand new OS on a completely different platform. There was nothing to differentiate BB10 from the spinning-clock-and-battery-pull BBOS.

Plus, it was up against some stiff competition. The iPhone 5 was released the same day as the Z10. It was the first time any iPhone has been directly available from T-Mobile. Even though the device was already 6 months old, it was a huge deal. Plus the SGS4 and HTC One were very impressive and were spec powerhouses.

Also, 10.0 on the Z10 was fairly incomplete. We can look past that now since we've had 10.1 for quite some time and many have test driven 10.2 leaks. But 10.0 out of the box didn't make for a robust experience compared to the competition. Just growing pains of a brand new platform.
    h20work and Kyle27 like this.
    09-01-13 08:39 PM
    They aren't even trying to sell them.
    A person whose initial is TH is trying to reach his $50M severance pay in the shortest way possible?
    It's beyond my comprehension that BBRY has been behaving the way they do since the launch of the BB10 devices. After 2 long years of delaying and waiting for a make or break product, all I see is a blunder after blunders, type that even high school students could see what's wrong in.
    Something is cooking and terribly wrong.
    Just a sigh...
    Since I came to know the RIM/BBRY world a couple of years ago, I certainly was forced to learn to wait and be patient, but current situation is really getting ridiculous. Things they teach in grade classes as things that should not be done in business, have been happening in front of our eyes day after day. I will probably continue to use my 9900 as a sort of a handy "email reader" for a short more while or until it quits. After the iOS7, I may probably return to my old standby, the iPhone, unless a miracle happens and BBRY come up with a super souped up Bolds, or super polished Q10. It's been a disappointing, yet thrilling and entertaining roller coaster ride.
    09-01-13 08:41 PM
    They aren't selling well and they are wasting valuable showroom space where they could put products that sell better.
    yea they need to have 6 iphone 5's and 6 galaxy s4's rather than 5 iphone 5's, 5 galaxy s4's, and 1 z10 and 1 q10
    09-01-13 09:04 PM
    yea they need to have 6 iphone 5's and 6 galaxy s4's rather than 5 iphone 5's, 5 galaxy s4's, and 1 z10 and 1 q10
    When the iPhone 5s comes out there will not be enough of them in the stores for people to look at I suspect.
    rnhld likes this.
    09-01-13 09:11 PM
    you mean 2000 devices sold to a government agency is BB adoption? do you understand what kind of volume sale you need to move to be successful in the smartphone business?
    BlackBerry has stated that they are not trying to compete with Apple or Samsung and ya if an important country like Germany or the US DOD are investing time and money into BlackBerry I'm sure they have done their homework and know BlackBerry will be around for some time yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 09:18 PM
    Well, if it's a fantasy my ears must be deceiving me!

Maybe she said 'yes, there are no Z10's in stock right now because the phone is useless, why on earth did you order two, no one wants it? Not surprised you are having to wait for such rubbish?'

Dear God. Please. We ordered two, they were out of stock and when I rang to enquire (because I didn't believe it after reading the negative stuff on here) , that's what she said, ok?

Now, I was frustrated (we needed the phones, they actually arrived 4 days later) but pleased for the platform that demand had actually outstripped supply at this moment in time on EE in the UK.

What fantasy world you live in? BB has been the number 4 operating system for months. In very few countries is it 3rd, the US is included in this, but market sure is eroding. In the UK it is definitely 4th, way behind WP. Production of devices have been reduced significantly that's why stores could be running out, certainly not because they are selling in huge numbers. Check IDC, Kantar or Gartner websites for marketshare info. Educate yourself and start getting real. BB done long time in the UK.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-01-13 09:36 PM
    It's all about apple apple apple apple.

If your in business you want to make money and not lose money.

You want to carry and sell what customers are purchasing the most and not what customers are not buying the most.

You want to sell products that the manufacture is willing to give you rebates on every sale you make of thier product.

Don't be simple minded and think that Apple did not have anything to do with a late BlackBerry US launch and also delays in the carriers releasing the updated OS for BlackBerry devices.

Money equals power in business and Apple uses their money wisely to make sure competition stays just that and not a leader, but simple competition.

BlackBerry needs to get more involved with carriers in contracts and rebates for every BlackBerry 10 device sold, maybe a 15% sales commission or more to encourage carriers to push the products and updates.

USA media and analysts always take negative about BlackBerry and CNET review site never even as of yesterday have the z10 or q10 in their top 10 best cell phones, even though BlackBerry 10 z10 would be ranked around number 2 or 3 in the list for specs and OS experience.

Why is it that CNET never did this, well cause apple, HTC and Samsung all paid them not to do so and don't be so dumb to think that's not true.

I maybe getting a HTC One or a S4 sometime in the near future if BlackBerry OS 10.2 suks for sideloading android apps I once had on my S3. I still have my Iphone 4 and it's a great device still for apps that I use in it and games that BlackBerry does not have. I hope the sideloading is good cause if not I am done with BlackBerry.

I already am done buying any other BlackBerry product until BlackBerry gets their arses in gear.

They need to some how allow loading up android apps and games right from BlackBerry world. Maybe entice devs with a 1000 dollars per app that is approved by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    danprown and emtunc like this.
    09-01-13 09:41 PM
    CALM DOWN!! Tmobile is not the only seller/retailer of BlackBerry phones in the world, so please don't jump to any hasty conclusions. BlackBerry is alive and "trucking".
    danprown, h20work, Etios and 1 others like this.
    09-01-13 09:43 PM
    Two words: game over.
    09-01-13 09:54 PM
    Two words: game over.
    I'm afraid so, damn. I love my Q10, now what?
    09-01-13 10:51 PM
    I'm afraid so, damn. I love my Q10, now what?
    No matter what happens to BlackBerry the Q10 will be viable device for quite some time.
    09-01-13 10:58 PM
    The US hate cracks me up. Keep seeing people comment about how dumb Americans are and how we can't think for ourselves and we're all in a herd. So on and so on.

It proves how moronic some people really are. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't BlackBerry 10 devices available in more than one country? Ah. Yes they are. So wait, does that mean Canadians are ignorant? It must, because Canadians aren't buying BB10 phones. Doesn't Europe have carriers that sell BB10 devices? I'm pretty sure they do! Man, that must mean Europeans are stupid as well. What other countries are filled with dumb people?

News flash people, no one is buying BlackBerry 10 phones. It don't matter which country it is. People don't want the phones because the phones simply aren't competitive. People in all countries are smart enough to realize that they don't want a BlackBerry 10 phone. They can compare the software features, the ecosystem and hardware specs and see for themselves that BlackBerry 10 is lacking in so many ways yet cost just as much as other smartphones that dont have those problems. That is all BlackBerry's fault. Not the consumers fault.

There are an awful lot of people in the world and only 1 million BlackBerry 10 devices shipped per month. Seems like the problem is much larger than just dumb Americans. But hey, it is easier to blame anyone except BlackBerry right?
    09-01-13 11:05 PM
    Yup. It's done. I just bought an apple mini iPad. It's years ahead of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 11:12 PM
    Who is years ahead of who? Paid trolls everywhere!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 11:23 PM
    The US hate cracks me up.

dumb Americans.
    Are they?
    Who said these things, really?
    As far as I can see, nobody!

BTW, I am a Canadian.
    09-01-13 11:30 PM
    This is too stupid to be true

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 11:31 PM
    Who is years ahead of who? Paid trolls everywhere!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a paid troll. Check my posts. I have two z10s and two play books. I wanted BlackBerry to succeed. Just try siri. Nothing comparable. It's too bad. Look at the sales BlackBerry can't find a buyer.i suggest there will not be a 10.3 release and z30 is their last product.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 11:35 PM
    Yup. It's done. I just bought an apple mini iPad. It's years ahead of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    It has more apps, yes, but "years ahead"? Your iPad Mini (not "mini iPad"..) is running iOS6, which has looked and worked almost exactly the same as when the first iPhone launched in 2007.

According to my calculations, that would put the OS years behind BlackBerry 10, which came out this year.

And to push your iPad Mini even further behind, YUP.. IT'S DONE, Apple is about to launch an iPad Mini with a retina display.
    09-01-13 11:45 PM
    7 pages of bickering. America sucks ya da ya da ya da.

If you think BlackBerry's problems are one specific countries fault (one that is insignificant according to some posters), you are beyond delusional.

Last time I checked, lots of your fellow countrymen (yes they moved here) call the USA home now. Lots of stupid Canadians, bits, Mexicans, pols, Germans, cubans, Chinese, venezuelans, phillipineos, etc here.

Grow up and get over it...
    pantlesspenguin and Saiga like this.
    09-01-13 11:52 PM
451 ... 56789 ...