This news article is based on this thread: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/09/t-m...to-poor-sales/
    09-01-13 05:43 PM
    Thanks, this is better
    But this "source" is using this thread as a source... cone on...
    Posted via CB10
    justsomebbuser likes this.
    09-01-13 05:49 PM
    Exactly...

1) Europe has bought into BB10. Otherwise (and I've said it before on other threads) why would my UK carrier not just be out of stock (yeah, yeah, short stocked blah, blah) but then the rep said 'I'm surprised at this, the Z10 is one of our BEST SELLING HANDSETS.

2) There's quite a long list of products which sell very well outside the US and make their companies fortunes. I'd list some of them but you won't have heard of them so there seems little point!

Look, it's all about goals. If BB made a big thing that the American market was the straw that broke the camels back and that they MUST crack it (which I seem to think they did), they've gone the wrong way about it - not with the phones - they're great, but with the appalling marketing strategy.

If they change the goal and say, 'Hey, who cares. turns out the American market, in the short term, is going to be too expensive to crack right now. Let's not waste the money there, let's rebuild our user base in Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, remain cash rich, get the apps we need and bide our time for the right moment for the US whilst continuing to improve the product. We'll keep a presence there but not spend too much on it.'

Seems eminently sensible to me. That way BB can sit back, as regards the US market, build up a war chest and then hit it hard when the moment is right (such as iOS7 being a bit of a flop, as an example).

At the same time saving the money would allow it to target hard on other things, such as the fact that in the UK iPhone5 users are about to discover that their funky phone can't get 4G on O2 or Vodafone and they need to upgrade...

Now there's an opportunity.
    Well it wouldn't be a crackberry thread without someone predicting the next iOS or iPhone iteration will be a flop with consumers. Care to take a bet on this?
    09-01-13 05:50 PM
    You have a personal example of why you think BB10 is being adopted in Europe (UK carrier) so I will provide example of how BB10 is not getting adopted. I work for a very large German company, (300,000+ associates) and we only support Android and IOS. There are no plans to support BlackBerry. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Regarding the US market, I have read numerous analyst/news articles that state its importance to BlackBerry. For example "The U.S. smartphone market is crucial for handset manufacturers since success here generally translates into positive consumer sentiment in other markets." BlackBerry's BB10 U.S. Launch Is Critical To Stock Amid Shaky Outlook - Forbes

Also at the last BB shareholder meeting there was much concern about the US market, so they obviously recognize the importance. Perhaps BB can be successful without US market, we may find out sooner than later.
    Well, as regards the German example I can't really comment as that would depend on the culture of the company. If someone took the decision to go iOS and Android only, fair play, but that's no reason to suggest that BB is dead. In corporate world one mans say is enough.

In our company we are BB for our own reasons. That doesn't mean to say that iOS and Android are poor platforms for the general consumer, it means that in our company BB suits our needs better than the other platforms and has more so since the launch of BB10 - without a doubt.

As regards the US market, I believe I said it there. I think BB made a huge mistake staking so much on the US market, especially with a product that had an inherent fault (rebooting) in that same country (although the problem wasn't really apparent elsewhere).

By 10.1 the problems (that very few in the rest of the WORLD had) have gone but those US early adopters who bought in and told their friends that BB is back are left looking foolish (for some carrier/BB problem with delayed updates) EVEN THOUGH they know they now have the same fantastic phone the rest of the world got originally and it's about to get a whole lot better. I feel really sorry for US users who have tried to point out to others that, not only is BB back, but in the Z10 and Q10 it has surpassed other phones.

It really hurts when you recommend a purchase to a friend only to find them dissatisfied, especially as they blame you! All I can say to my US friends is that in one small firm in the UK we are now up to 17 upgrades from iOS, Android and legacy BB in our company and counting. I held a meeting the other day where I was showing BBM video and remote file access via the micro HDMI on a display in terms of how we can make technology work for us and 2 more Z10's were ordered by staff the following day. We have 2 Apple and 1 Android hold outs and, to be honest, they are just being pig headed as it is actually costing them money!

So, do Blackberry continue to try and push water uphill in the States? Or perfect what they already have with a user base that appreciates them in other countries?

I know what I'd do, and it wouldn't be to spend stupid money on a Superbowl commercial for an unlaunched product....
    helio9965 likes this.
    09-01-13 05:57 PM
    @dierre. Thanks for sharing. I see no reason for anyone to second guess your comments. At&t hasn't pulled them off the shelves. in some stores........none were ever on display. LOL. I bought the store out when I bought my Z. That's uno! The display model wasn't even on display or charged up. 30 min later, I had the CS order one for my wife......and I had to call them several weeks in a row to find out when I could pick it up. So, your news is not a surprise and definitely, not a good day.
    09-01-13 06:15 PM
    The USA is not the be all and end all. I would shift my focus out of the states too if they don't want to support the product or bother trying to give it a chance. Funny Americans get so intimidated easily.

Posted via CB10
    This is business..why do you expect carriers to waste their resources and stores space for phones that NO ONE want?
    Saiga likes this.
    09-01-13 06:33 PM
    No Americans are just too stupid to recognize a good product. It's why many incredible and innovative companies have totally pulled out of the US market in the past.
    Which incredible companies are you talking about?
    09-01-13 06:36 PM
    That's why Germany, the backbone of the euro zone adopted BlackBerry 10 and why BlackBerry sponsored a Formula 1 team not a nascar team. Pretty sure US economy isn't the greatest so careful what you say.

Posted via CB10
    you mean 2000 devices sold to a government agency is BB adoption? do you understand what kind of volume sale you need to move to be successful in the smartphone business?
    09-01-13 06:42 PM
    @dierre. Thanks for sharing. I see no reason for anyone to second guess your comments. At&t hasn't pulled them off the shelves. in some stores........none were ever on display. LOL. I bought the store out when I bought my Z. That's uno! The display model wasn't even on display or charged up. 30 min later, I had the CS order one for my wife......and I had to call them several weeks in a row to find out when I could pick it up. So, your news is not a surprise and definitely, not a good day.
    Yup! You see this all the time! The US carriers are no longer behind BlackBerry. If a first time smartphone buyer goes into my local Verizon store I'd bet a weeks pay the CSR's will direct him/her to iOS, Android or Windows phone.
    09-01-13 06:42 PM
    Finally, it seems Blackberry is getting it right. Stop wasting money in the dead market. In fact they should totally pull out of the states, stop spending money on consumer advertisement, and only sell unlocked phones directly to the customers. Look at this way, most people who buy BB10 phones are those who want to buy Blackberry. They can buy online or do special order. Those paid and biased carriers reps actually brainwash customers against Blackberry. So, I am very happy with this move. This way, Blackberry will be small and niche player but will at least be profitable and be able to survive.
    09-01-13 06:45 PM
    Is this just in the U.S? Seems like BlackBerry is getting better sales every where else besides state side. Guess not giving into the Government open records is going to shut then down here in the U.S

Posted via CB10
    Where are you getting our data from because I'm pretty sure BlackBerry would be crowing over great BB10 sales in any country?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 06:45 PM
    No Americans are just too stupid to recognize a good product. It's why many incredible and innovative companies have totally pulled out of the US market in the past.
    no, we just don't like buggy french canadian software.
    helio9965 likes this.
    09-01-13 06:47 PM
    Hey, we elected both George Bush and Barrack Obama twice each. What do you expect?

But seriously, there is a severe lack of independent thought among my countrymen right now. No joke.
    That's Def true...

Posted via CB10
    justsomebbuser likes this.
    09-01-13 06:49 PM
    People are influenced more by friends and word of mouth more than adverts. I have 7 family members who moved from BlackBerry 9300's to the iPhone and they are all regretting it now and stuck for two years with a toy. At least this toy will be getting BBM soon. :-)

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    it doesn't need BBm it has i message which is far superior and encrypted..Enough with the toy BS
    rcab likes this.
    09-01-13 06:51 PM
    This was posted a few weeks ago by someone as well.
    09-01-13 07:09 PM
    Blackberry should get the hell out of the US. Here in the UK there is no hate on them. Blackberry has their stands in every store like every other phone.

Except ofcourse the possible situation of samsung paying store managers to damage blackberry alarms so when a consumer wants to try it out, it sets an ear-peircing alam off which the staff only turn off if you leave the phone.
    09-01-13 07:14 PM
    it doesn't need BBm it has i message which is far superior and encrypted..Enough with the toy BS
    IMessage riddled with complaints. See here:

Apple's FaceTime workarounds for VirnetX patent suit causing complaints, costs $2.4M per month
    iMessage outage leaves 30% of users without service for over 30 minutes

As for iMessage being secure, see here:

A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering: Can Apple read your iMessages?

You just don't know what you are talking about. Man.........
    Last edited by SamFromDowntown; 09-01-13 at 07:58 PM.
    09-01-13 07:22 PM
    Yup! You see this all the time! The US carriers are no longer behind BlackBerry. If a first time smartphone buyer goes into my local Verizon store I'd bet a weeks pay the CSR's will direct him/her to iOS, Android or Windows phone.

I was in a Verizon corporate store last week. Along the main side wall in linear order they had, Samsung on the first shelf, HTC One, Windows phones and BB in the middle display and Motorola Droids on the end as I recall. Definately had the BBs (Q10 and Z10) in a very prominent position. I couldn't even find the iPhones. They were in a corner on another wall, way away from the customer traffic. The BBs were right across from the sales desks, basically everyone had to pass them to do anything.

But back to this thread. This seems incredibly eventful if substantiated. It would be great to have a definitive answer on this for all of the carriers.
    09-01-13 07:25 PM
    The poster is obviously an iphone fanboy
    09-01-13 07:28 PM
    And I thought the Canadian mobile companies bent us over. At least they let us have our freedom of choice sale or not.

America, so much for land of the free, no free choices in your garbage mobile stores. They should not be allowed to do that. Just pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 07:34 PM
    And I thought the Canadian mobile companies bent us over. At least they let us have our freedom of choice sale or not.

America, so much for land of the free, no free choices in your garbage mobile stores. They should not be allowed to do that. Just pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Um, don't confuse government policy of censorship with companies keeping floor space for stuff that sells.
    21stNow, Saiga, helio9965 and 1 others like this.
    09-01-13 07:37 PM
    I was in a Verizon corporate store last week. Along the main side wall in linear order they had, Samsung on the first shelf, HTC One, Windows phones and BB in the middle display and Motorola Droids on the end as I recall. Definately had the BBs (Q10 and Z10) in a very prominent position. I couldn't even find the iPhones. They were in a corner on another wall, way away from the customer traffic. The BBs were right across from the sales desks, basically everyone had to pass them to do anything.

But back to this thread. This seems incredibly eventful if substantiated. It would be great to have a definitive answer on this for all of the carriers.
    Next time you're there inquire about a BlackBerry... 5 will get you 10 they'll try and talk you out of BlackBerry.
    09-01-13 07:40 PM
    Apple outages dont kill their users internet connection lol
    you see bbry devices run thru BIS as a proxy to encrypt and compress
    this does iccludw bbm and internet signal which has been proven many times over with the 2009 outage
    the only thing that could goes down if apple goes down is imessenger
    we're not talking about updates we're talking about connections

bbry phones regardless of the generation still use bbry proxy servers

yes if your email server goes down your down however it doesnt kill your internet signal which should be provider dependent
    You need to educate yourself. I don't pay BlackBerry $5 a month - in fact, I never have. Carriers used to foot the bill here for BIS services, which is partly why they fell out of favour and beginning with BB10, are not used for phone communications. You see, BlackBerry devices run through the carrier network which does not compress data, meaning the only thing that goes down if BlackBerry goes down is BBM and other BBID services - same as Apple or Google.
    09-01-13 07:40 PM
    no, we just don't like buggy french canadian software.
    Waterloo, home of the separatist movement.
    LuvULongTime and theRock1975 like this.
    09-01-13 07:41 PM
    I can confirm Best Buy has shifted Verizon Z10s to Insta-ship and pulled all inventory, AT&T will not be replenished. Radio Shack is now all direct-ship once stock is depleted. AT&T Corporate is selling though stock and will be online only by the end of september.

Source: UNENO
    Shyyyyt.
    Lol....BlackBerry has many swan songs UNENO
    09-01-13 07:47 PM
451 ... 45678 ...