Exactly...

1) Europe has bought into BB10. Otherwise (and I've said it before on other threads) why would my UK carrier not just be out of stock (yeah, yeah, short stocked blah, blah) but then the rep said 'I'm surprised at this, the Z10 is one of our BEST SELLING HANDSETS.
    Where are you getting this fantasy from? The z10 has been slashed in price because it is such a poor seller. Moreover think about it, how can you have a best seller when you release a phone in some many markets and yet have such low overall sales - common sense tells you the answer.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-13 04:10 PM
    I believe Rogers controls my Internet connection and Eastlink when using my wifi.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    Nope look at what happened in 2009 it wasnt the cell signal that was the issue
    Bbry phones call home to encrypt and compress your signal if not then is bbry lying when they say they are the most secure phone ? Your phone doesnt have the power to do that kinda stuff
    You do relieze what you are saying right?
    why do you think you pay bbry 5dollars a month
    09-01-13 04:12 PM
    As long as I can buy BlackBerry smartphones from Canada that have the 1, 4, 8 bands with 1700 for UMTS and LTE, aka currently Wind and Mobilicity, I will not drop my use of BBRY.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-01-13 04:14 PM
    People are influenced more by friends and word of mouth more than adverts. I have 7 family members who moved from BlackBerry 9300's to the iPhone and they are all regretting it now and stuck for two years with a toy. At least this toy will be getting BBM soon. :-)

09-01-13 04:15 PM
    Want to know how I bought my first BB? Went in to buy a treo and rep told me to get the curve as it was much better.

Posted via CB10
    QuantumQnx and koolrosh like this.
    09-01-13 04:16 PM
    Bbry phones call home to encrypt and compress your signal if not then is bbry lying when they say they are the most secure phone ? Your phone doesnt have the power to do that kinda stuff
    Your email is certainly encrypted and compressed etc... but not sure if it travels through the BlackBerry infrastructure as it used to when on BIS. Enterprise still does.

09-01-13 04:18 PM
    Sorry, what kind is this proxy on the BB10 devices? I really want to know that because BIS isn't there anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Want to know how I bought my first BB? Went in to buy a treo and rep told me to get the curve as it was much better.

Posted via CB10
    How times have changed.
    Sorry, what kind is this proxy on the BB10 devices? I really want to know that because BIS isn't there anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I think only BES uses BlackBerry Infrastructure

09-01-13 04:19 PM
    I think only BES uses BlackBerry Infrastructure

Yes, but then it's depending on the firms BES, not blackberries'
    So would an outage of the proxy also hit managed android and iPhone, no matter if on BES or mobile iron.

What should this proxy be, that is generation independent?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:20 PM
    Pretty sure BES works the same as it always has, everything travels through BlackBerry infrastructure and company BES admin handles IT policies.

09-01-13 04:23 PM
    Pretty sure BES works the same as it always has, everything travels through BlackBerry infrastructure and company BES admin handles IT policies.

Not at all, you have active sync not BIS
    And the policies are applied directly from BES

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:24 PM
    Where are you getting this fantasy from? The z10 has been slashed in price because it is such a poor seller. Moreover think about it, how can you have a best seller when you release a phone in some many markets and yet have such low overall sales - common sense tells you the answer.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    Well, if it's a fantasy my ears must be deceiving me!

Maybe she said 'yes, there are no Z10's in stock right now because the phone is useless, why on earth did you order two, no one wants it? Not surprised you are having to wait for such rubbish?'

Dear God. Please. We ordered two, they were out of stock and when I rang to enquire (because I didn't believe it after reading the negative stuff on here) , that's what she said, ok?

Now, I was frustrated (we needed the phones, they actually arrived 4 days later) but pleased for the platform that demand had actually outstripped supply at this moment in time on EE in the UK.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-01-13 04:33 PM
    The USA is not the be all and end all. I would shift my focus out of the states too if they don't want to support the product or bother trying to give it a chance. Funny Americans get so intimidated easily.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:40 PM
    Marketing Marketing and yes Marketing...

As I roll at BES10 at the enterprise that I am with, its funny, I am having to advertise it in house. I had to internally market the devices. Once the device has been in the end user's hand, they are pretty much impressed. It is beginning to sale itself. Word of mouth can work in certain situations.

From a corporate stand point, having the devices directly ship is how most firm order equipment. I am at a global company and as I polled my BDS I have counted 26 different carriers. From a consumer perspective, not having the devices in a store is a pretty bad deal. From an enterprise view, it doesn't matter as much as we order through Verizon VEC, AT&T Premier, Vodafone, SFR, Rogers, Bell, du, etc... through their portals.

As I advertise the devices and services of BDS (BES10), guess what.. I had to train the many L2 staff, VIP staff, executive assistant's and L3 teams. BlackBerry should of looked at their sales sheets. Found the stores that had historically high sales and deployed "experts" to these locations for the first 30 days at launch. If they couldn't spare their own corporate staff, easy enough to train and deploy contractors.

I had the pleasure of being in NYC at the Pier 5 for the launch. It was a decent event but there was no wow factor. I am almost begging to feel that we have become test subjects as the release of OS 10.2 nears. Even at BlackBerry Live at the BTEC sessions, we were asked about "What would you like to see added to the OS?" Maybe this was a decent move. Maybe another reason why a lot of $ hasn't went to marketing yet. Maybe all the chips will be placed on the table with the release of the "Z30". Just speculation, I know.
    danprown likes this.
    09-01-13 04:47 PM
    Does anybody ACTUALLY know the number of units made now? What is the staffing level at BB? Has it plummeted? Is it now stable? Insiders must be talking somewhere.
    I don't understand the panic when the company has some 68 million customers worldwide and 3 Billion in the bank. I should be going so bad.
    09-01-13 04:50 PM
    Actually the active sync mail is routed through port 443 to port 3101 which makes it route through MDS (Mobile Data Services). Unless you push an internal Wi-Fi policy you do not get your mail directly through Active Sync.

*Disclaimer BES 5 and BDS certified*
    Last edited by MidnightSociety; 09-01-13 at 05:06 PM.
    09-01-13 04:50 PM
    09-01-13 04:55 PM
    I'm not trolling I've been team BlackBerry for quite some time but I have a 925 and windows is closing in on 3rd place OS but I'm still BlackBerry until they call it quits

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand by what you mean "windows is closing in on 3rd placewindows is closing in on 3rd place" ?
    MS is already in 3rd place, been a while now.
    Etios likes this.
    09-01-13 04:58 PM
    They aren't selling well and they are wasting valuable showroom space where they could put products that sell better.
    Exactly , Listen to this man , he KNOWS what he is talking about. I'm sorry but if I owned a Carrier Company and BRAND X was not selling and I was wasting valuable floor space on an Item that was not moving , well then hell. Get that item out of there pronto and move one in that SELLS.
    We are in Business to make MONEY ! here nothing else.
    09-01-13 05:02 PM
    Exactly...

1) Europe has bought into BB10. Otherwise (and I've said it before on other threads) why would my UK carrier not just be out of stock (yeah, yeah, short stocked blah, blah) but then the rep said 'I'm surprised at this, the Z10 is one of our BEST SELLING HANDSETS.

2) There's quite a long list of products which sell very well outside the US and make their companies fortunes. I'd list some of them but you won't have heard of them so there seems little point!

Look, it's all about goals. If BB made a big thing that the American market was the straw that broke the camels back and that they MUST crack it (which I seem to think they did), they've gone the wrong way about it - not with the phones - they're great, but with the appalling marketing strategy.

If they change the goal and say, 'Hey, who cares. turns out the American market, in the short term, is going to be too expensive to crack right now. Let's not waste the money there, let's rebuild our user base in Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, remain cash rich, get the apps we need and bide our time for the right moment for the US whilst continuing to improve the product. We'll keep a presence there but not spend too much on it.'

Seems eminently sensible to me. That way BB can sit back, as regards the US market, build up a war chest and then hit it hard when the moment is right (such as iOS7 being a bit of a flop, as an example).

At the same time saving the money would allow it to target hard on other things, such as the fact that in the UK iPhone5 users are about to discover that their funky phone can't get 4G on O2 or Vodafone and they need to upgrade...

Now there's an opportunity.
    You have a personal example of why you think BB10 is being adopted in Europe (UK carrier) so I will provide example of how BB10 is not getting adopted. I work for a very large German company, (300,000+ associates) and we only support Android and IOS. There are no plans to support BlackBerry. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Regarding the US market, I have read numerous analyst/news articles that state its importance to BlackBerry. For example "The U.S. smartphone market is crucial for handset manufacturers since success here generally translates into positive consumer sentiment in other markets." http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspe...shaky-outlook/

Also at the last BB shareholder meeting there was much concern about the US market, so they obviously recognize the importance. Perhaps BB can be successful without US market, we may find out sooner than later.
    What we gentle, simple Americans and Canadians do not seem to realize is that most of Europe is still in a massive recession. And unemployment figures (especially for youth -- prime gadget buyers) makes any suffering we've gone through in North America look like a bad cold. Every single phone maker is off their marks. Only Nokia and Windows are making head way with their cheapest sets. Samsung took a 32 billion dollar write-down in value because they cannot give the S4 away. Apple is over 20 +% off their US sales.

"Spain youth unemployment reaches record 56.1%"
    Spain youth unemployment reaches record 56.1% | Business | The Guardian

"France Youth Unemployment Rate:26.00% for Jul 2013"
    France Youth Unemployment Rate

"(In the UK) The unemployment rate for those aged 16-24 was 21.4%"
    Youth unemployment statistics - Commons Library Standard Note - UK Parliament

Not so pretty here either: "the youth jobless rate at 16.1 percent in June, more than double the 7.6 percent unemployment rate experienced by all Americans"

"The unemployment rate for Canadians aged 15-24 was 11 per cent in July of 2008, peaking at 16.4 per cent in July of 2009. In the past three years, it has yet to fully recover, still sitting at 14.1 per cent in December of 2012."
    Youth unemployment to cost Canadian economy $23 billion - Business - CBC News

Are we there yet?

So yeah, if I were BB I would double down on the US market and pray it works. Name one successful consumer product that has not made it in the USA.
    Nokia 1100, 1110, 3210, 3310, etc. Nokia 1100 is the most popular consumer electronics product created in the history of mankind. It needed no US markets to achieve that...
    09-01-13 05:03 PM
    CALM DOWN!! Tmobile is not the only seller/retailer of BlackBerry phones in the world, so please don't jump to any hasty conclusions. BlackBerry is alive and "trucking".

My Lil Z-darling (Z10) rocks!!!
    Trucking ? I guess they might as well start trucking ( Keep Moving ? ) because there phones sure aren't.

I know it is HARD for Loyal BB users that are insanely in love with an electronic device to accept it but how on earth can all you people not see that all at BB is not well ? I mean it is absurd. Oh well. maybe the next Q results will change peoples minds but somehow I really don't believe it.
    09-01-13 05:15 PM
    More optimism please all this trash talking about BlackBerry is not helping with sales... BlackBerry is not dead, its developing new os releases, new apps and new phones. But since trolls and other guys are just droping bad news without a source, that is not helping atracting new customers. Wanna help BlackBerry? Stop talking uncredible info and rather convince someone to buy a new BlackBerry or atleast an app

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 05:42 PM
451 ... 34567 ...