I do not see anything beating BB10 for my personal needs, likes and wants. **

Better?...

Posted via CB10
    Police Departments and Cab companies begged Ford not to discontinue the Crown Victoria..... as it fit their needs, likes and wants.

I'm not sure Chen had planned for the Classic to go out of production so soon. But between possible contractual agreements with Google, and the cost of even minimum redesigning and retooling for a different manufacturer... it's not going to happen, even if it might outsell the PRIV.
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    04-13-16 07:45 AM
    Enjoy your Android phones guys ... now you can download a zillion useless apps and games on your identical candybar slabs!
    Enjoy your BB10 phone. You can:
    Call
    SMS
    Email
    BBM
    And if you're lucky/patient enough, you can piggyback on Android apps.
    Almost forgot, you'll (finally) have NIAP certification.

*C5303
    04-13-16 08:08 AM
    1 step forward and 10 steps back.

Brilliant logic there...
    Yup. We are currently in bargaining stage.
    No more BlackBerry phones?-locnessdesignsdotcom.jpg

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    JeepBB and MC_A_DOT like this.
    04-13-16 08:15 AM
    Enjoy your BB10 phone. You can:
    Call
    SMS
    Email
    BBM
    And if you're lucky/patient enough, you can piggyback on Android apps.
    Almost forgot, you'll (finally) have NIAP certification.

*C5303
    What's hilarious is that you think a mobile PHONE is not designed primarily for those things, and you have been brainwashed by the marketing geniuses at Apple to think that a PHONE is for running a thousand stupid apps on. And you don't even realize it
    Gallofa likes this.
    04-13-16 09:01 AM
    I am at acceptance, so I now wait on the Rome as my replacement for my classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 09:07 AM
    What's hilarious is that you think a mobile PHONE is not designed primarily for those things, and you have been brainwashed by the marketing geniuses at Apple to think that a PHONE is for running a thousand stupid apps on. And you don't even realize it
    Being a powerful pocket computer with capabilities beyond your first set of basic criteria is exactly what a current smartphone is intended to be. The successful smartphone platforms do what traditional computers do: provide a competent and useful instrument that leverages the creativity and skills of the wider third party market.

Today, being simply a modified pager or a feature phone won't be sufficient to lead the market. That's progress.
    04-13-16 09:27 AM
    what's hilarious is that you think a mobile phone is not designed primarily for those things, and you have been brainwashed by the marketing geniuses at apple to think that a phone is for running a thousand stupid apps on. And you don't even realize it :d
    What made you even conclude that I have an Apple device (I don't)?

Braaaaiiiinnnssss....

*c5303
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-13-16 09:34 AM
    What's hilarious is that you still think it's 2006.
    04-13-16 09:57 AM
    I do not see anything beating BB10 for my personal needs, likes and wants. **

Better?...

Posted via CB10
    Sure - I've never made any comment on anyone's personal preference - it's not of interest to me (and why would it be).
    04-13-16 10:16 AM
    Says the person who's been brainwashed by their BlackBerry.

Hold this L
    04-13-16 10:18 AM
    Enjoy your Android phones guys ... now you can download a zillion useless apps and games on your identical candybar slabs!
    Sour grapes!
    04-13-16 10:31 AM
    Sour grapes!

This is a Droid forum now... so yeah, enjoy the frivolous crap on Google Play. I'll miss the useful phones
    04-13-16 01:37 PM
    This is a Droid forum now...
    So what are you still doing here?
    04-13-16 01:39 PM

This is a Droid forum now... so yeah, enjoy the frivolous crap on Google Play. I'll miss the useful phones
    Now you know how BBOS users felt when BB10 was released and basically CrackBerry became a BB10 site....

What is New and Current is what will be talked about. An OS that hasn't seen a major update in over a year, and never will - and hardware that is all over a year old or more at this point..... what's to talk about? Android is the most current device that is "still" being rolled out, and it is possible the future of hardware. BB10 is the past..
    04-13-16 02:47 PM
    I understand you're frustrated with Blackberry's fall from grace, but your comments don't improve their position at all.
    04-13-16 03:35 PM
    I understand you're frustrated with Blackberry's fall from grace, but your comments don't improve their position at all.
    I know some that their main purpose in buying a smartphone... was Instagram and a good camera.

I think too many BlackBerry users don't understand the concept that email isn't used all that often by a good percentage of consumers. That the features of an app like the HUB might be totally lost on these users. For them productive mean having a great photo editor or an app that does filters or creates a photo collage - or an IM or social app that keeps them in contact with their friends and their interests.

And while some of us do appreciate the HUB and still use email for most communications.... we too like having a great camera and all those silly little apps.
    04-13-16 03:56 PM
    I know some that their main purpose in buying a smartphone... was Instagram and a good camera.

I think too many BlackBerry users don't understand the concept that email isn't used all that often by a good percentage of consumers. That the features of an app like the HUB might be totally lost on these users. For them productive mean having a great photo editor or an app that does filters or creates a photo collage - or an IM or social app that keeps them in contact with their friends and their interests.

And while some of us do appreciate the HUB and still use email for most communications.... we too like having a great camera and all those silly little apps.
    Yup. Let's face it, a phone used to just make calls, then developed further over time. So the concept that it should only do certain things is ludicrous. It's a small pocket computer and can do way more than just email.

But I understand some just want a "communication" device. Blackberry fit that niche but then blew it big time. People are frustrated and I understand that, but knocking the companies who were truly innovation and won the race won't change a thing.
    Jerry A likes this.
    04-13-16 04:16 PM
    Obviously there aren't going to be any plans as of now because BlackBerry is still testing out the android market. Once they start making a profit in hardware division, they can then focus on creating more phones for BB10 or possibly the next version of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I hope so and what I am cheering for...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 04-13-16 at 06:07 PM.
    04-13-16 04:26 PM
    I can only agree. It's depressing to enter a phone store these days and only see slab after slab displayed!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-13-16 04:46 PM
    He uses a 9900 OS7 device and a "mid-level" Android. Never has owned or used BlackBerry 10 on a device (has played around with a Z10) And yet has this strange habit of hammering it whenever possible. Odd

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-13-16 07:20 PM
    Yup. Let's face it, a phone used to just make calls, then developed further over time. So the concept that it should only do certain things is ludicrous. It's a small pocket computer and can do way more than just email.

But I understand some just want a "communication" device. Blackberry fit that niche but then blew it big time. People are frustrated and I understand that, but knocking the companies who were truly innovation and won the race won't change a thing.
    I don't believe the race is over. Mobile OS's, as most are aware, are limited in many respects. The fusion of the true power of a desktop, and or laptop (or Surface like tablet) in a mobile form is the near future. The two mentioned at the top may have already been outmanuvered by Microsoft with Win 10? Early 2017 could be telling. I'll have my popcorn out.

04-13-16 07:27 PM
    I don't believe the race is over. Mobile OS's, as most are aware, are limited in many respects. The fusion of the true power of a desktop, and or laptop (or Surface like tablet) in a mobile form is the near future. The two mentioned at the top may have already been outmanuvered by Microsoft with Win 10? Early 2017 could be telling. I'll have my popcorn out.

I agree that may be the next step. I have an inexpensive Windows Phone just so I can experience it. More innovation, more changes, getting further and further from the original.
    04-13-16 07:30 PM
    Party like it's 1999, big daddy!!
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 08:52 PM
    *popcorn mode*

*A3-A20
    JeepBB, Jerry A and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 11:49 PM
    I can only agree. It's depressing to enter a phone store these days and only see slab after slab displayed!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Then buy your phone online....problem solved.

You sound petty.
    04-14-16 03:25 AM
99 1234