Here's a link to a BBC news article I read. It's from their mobile app. Chen is said to have no plans for future BlackBerry os phones!
    Blackberry to launch two Android phones - BBC News

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport.
    04-11-16 08:40 AM
    this isnt really new its been known for a while however i did get a chuckle out of his comment

" Mr Chen said its first Android device, the Priv, had been too expensive."

well you sir are a genius for figuring this out after the fact, also chen the priv is still too darn expensive
    04-11-16 08:48 AM
    Yes. There are several other threads discussing this.
    04-11-16 08:49 AM
    Late to the game Spanky.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 08:54 AM
    No More "No More BlackBerry Phones" Threads?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-11-16 03:23 PM
    Obviously there aren't going to be any plans as of now because BlackBerry is still testing out the android market. Once they start making a profit in hardware division, they can then focus on creating more phones for BB10 or possibly the next version of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-11-16 06:15 PM
    Obviously there aren't going to be any plans as of now because BlackBerry is still testing out the android market. Once they start making a profit in hardware division, they can then focus on creating more phones for BB10 or possibly the next version of the OS.

Posted via CB10

That would be insane. Divert resources from a profitable venture to go back fiddling with one that has cost them hundreds of millions? Even BBRY's bizarro board would have trouble swallowing that.
    TgeekB, RoseBud68, JeepBB and 10 others like this.
    04-11-16 06:50 PM

That would be insane. Divert resources from a profitable venture to go back fiddling with one that has cost them hundreds of millions? Even BBRY's bizarro board would have trouble swallowing that.
    "Hey Boss, we finally figured out how to make money!"

"OK, crew, well done! Now we can finally afford to go back to losing money again."
    04-11-16 07:14 PM
    This is why I bought a Priv instead of a Passport.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-11-16 07:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    In what world?
    04-11-16 08:15 PM
    this isnt really new its been known for a while however i did get a chuckle out of his comment

well you sir are a genius for figuring this out after the fact, also chen the priv is still too darn expensive
    I agree! Still waiting on the price to drop some more before I get one......or two.

from my Sexy Z30; 10.3.2.2474 OS.
    04-11-16 08:37 PM
    Poor Chen!

Can't sell the Priv cuz it's too expensive for what it is... Can't drop the price to a level where it might start to sell because then hardware remains unprofitable.

Rock... meet hard place.
    Jerry A likes this.
    04-12-16 01:53 AM

He also said that you are paying for the updates basically in one statement, lol, that they will push them out like clockwork and be building something futuristic I just still do not see anything beaten BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 01:59 AM
    "Hey Boss, we finally figured out how to make money!"

"OK, crew, well done! Now we can finally afford to go back to losing money again."
    Quicker just to build a Blast furnace shaped like a Blackberry passport that staff throw money into.

He also said that you are paying for the updates basically in one statement, lol, that they will push them out like clockwork and be building something futuristic I just still do not see anything beaten BB10.

Posted via CB10
    The market? Actual demand?
    04-12-16 04:45 AM
    That should be kickout! BB10 is the best!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 01:22 PM
    Quicker just to build a Blast furnace shaped like a Blackberry passport that staff throw money into.

The market? Actual demand?
    I do not see anything beating BB10 for my personal needs, likes and wants. **

Better?...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 03:48 PM

Correction: Billions
    JeepBB, TGR1 and techvisor like this.
    04-12-16 07:02 PM
    Correction: Billions
    Yes indeed!

BB took a 4.6 BILLION DOLLAR big bath loss in a single event when Chen first arrived.

I'm sure Chen must shudder and roll his eyes at the love displayed here for BB10, and at the calls for it to continue, given that BB10 almost broke the company.
    TGR1, Plazmic Flame and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 02:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    1 step forward and 10 steps back.

Brilliant logic there...
    TGR1, DrBoomBotz and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 05:11 AM
    In what world?
    CrackBerry lol
    04-13-16 05:13 AM
    I don't believe it. I'd rather they got rid of Chairman Chen.
    04-13-16 05:29 AM
    04-13-16 06:54 AM
    Yes indeed!

BB took a 4.6 BILLION DOLLAR big bath loss in a single event when Chen first arrived.

I'm sure Chen must shudder and roll his eyes at the love displayed here for BB10, and at the calls for it to continue, given that BB10 almost broke the company.
    Yeah but they can turn that around if they just made more BB10 phones! There are at LEAST 15 million Z30 owners who would buy one right now!

(source: random person on the internet)

JeepBB, TGR1 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    04-13-16 07:31 AM
    Yeah but they can turn that around if they just made more BB10 phones! There are at LEAST 15 million Z30 owners who would buy one right now!

(source: random person on the internet)

Chen just rolled his eyes some more...

Poor Chen. He's not having much fun, or luck, these days.
    04-13-16 07:35 AM
    Enjoy your Android phones guys ... now you can download a zillion useless apps and games on your identical candybar slabs!
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-13-16 07:41 AM
99 123 ...