Byee byee Berry,
    Hi to all my fellow addicts I just wanted to share my sad story with u all�.my addiction to BlackBerry will soon be over I guess, Government of my country will be banning BlackBerry service from 31st August. So no more emails,BBM,IM for me. I will miss u Berry.I have no idea how will I survive without my dear BB.
    08-12-10 11:10 PM
    maybe you'll get a server built in your country to.. i think you'll still be able to make calls on it... if that helps i hear your pain.. ::: sniffle:::
    08-12-10 11:13 PM
    I am so sorry the government has to take control of what you want to use and doesn't want to allow BB in your country. Too bad you can't move !
    Find a phone you can have and still visit us......this isn't your fault.
    08-12-10 11:21 PM
    I'm betting you won't lose service.

it's all a big chess game. move. counter move. counter-counter move. they'll reach an agreement.
    08-13-10 12:28 AM
    Keep your berry until data service ceases to operate entirely, then get a new phone. Keep posting here.

I wouldn't want to be without my berry either. Feeling bad about it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 02:07 AM
    Oh man I'm sorry I wish there was away we could all help.

08-13-10 02:10 AM
    Thanx for all the love and support. I will hold on to my handset. I guess call and sms will work. And wifi will let me browse. But will seriously miss email and messengers. Let's see what happens. Today is Friday the 13th but its not unlucky for me coz I am posting this from my Curve dooms day will be on 31st August 2010. When they will shutdown.

08-13-10 04:28 AM
    I am from the same country as you...don't worry they will not terminate the BB email and messenger services. I bet we will see a resolution within a week.
    08-13-10 06:08 AM
    BlackBerry - Customer Statements

Customer Update - August 12, 2010

In response to the statement published today by the Government of India, and further to RIM’s Customer Update dated August 2, RIM wishes to provide this additional information to its customers. Although RIM cannot disclose confidential regulatory discussions that take place with any government, RIM assures its customers that it genuinely tries to be as cooperative as possible with governments in the spirit of supporting legal and national security requirements, while also preserving the lawful needs of citizens and corporations. RIM has drawn a firm line by insisting that any capabilities it provides to carriers for “lawful” access purposes be limited by four main principles:

1. The carriers’ capabilities be limited to the strict context of lawful access and national security requirements as governed by the country's judicial oversight and rules of law.

2. The carriers’ capabilities must be technology and vendor neutral, allowing no greater access to BlackBerry consumer services than the carriers and regulators already impose on RIM’s competitors and other similar communications technology companies.

3. No changes to the security architecture for BlackBerry Enterprise Server customers since, contrary to any rumors, the security architecture is the same around the world and RIM truly has no ability to provide its customers’ encryption keys. Also driving RIM’s position is the fact that strong encryption is a fundamental commercial requirement for any country to attract and maintain international business anyway and similarly strong encryption is currently used pervasively in traditional VPNs on both wired and wireless networks in order to protect corporate and government communications.

4. RIM maintains a consistent global standard for lawful access requirements that does not include special deals for specific countries.
    This statement from RIM makes it clear, the World's governments do, and always have, lawful access to BIS Email and BlackBerry Messenger. They just didn't know they could read them correctly, until reciently.

"We are going to continue to work with them to make sure they understand the reality of the Internet," he said. "A lot of these people don’t have Ph.Ds, and they don’t have a degree in computer science."
    Overview

Overview
    The BlackBerry� Smartphone Simulator enables you to run BlackBerry device applications on your computer.

The BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator includes the BlackBerry device applications that are typically available on BlackBerry devices and enables you to load and test your own applications. You can simulate and test various connectivity and state changes using the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator. When you use the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator to perform testing, you might need to simulate additional BlackBerry services. The BlackBerry MDS Simulator and the BlackBerry Email Simulator are available for this purpose.

It also makes it clear, there will be no comprise on BES encryption and no government will get a special deal.
    08-13-10 09:17 AM
    Byee byee Berry,
    Hi to all my fellow addicts I just wanted to share my sad story with u all�.my addiction to BlackBerry will soon be over I guess, Government of my country will be banning BlackBerry service from 31st August. So no more emails,BBM,IM for me. I will miss u Berry.I have no idea how will I survive without my dear BB.
    Oh man that really sucks! I feel you, id be lost without my berry! i cant believe these govt's are soo ridiculous, smh
    08-13-10 09:25 AM
    Hang in there they will come to some sort of an agreement, i have a feeling.
    08-13-10 09:27 AM
    dooms day will be on 31st August 2010. When they will shutdown.

oh, stop it! agreements will be reached.
    08-13-10 09:39 AM
    I think you guys will be fine. If a more hotheaded government like the one in Saudi Arabia can reach an agreement with RIM, then India should be reaching one within time.

08-13-10 10:06 AM
    Everything will be find. Surely they will come to an agreement.
    08-13-10 10:30 AM
    Everything will be find. Surely they will come to an agreement.
    It is inconceivable that India would knee cap itself in the World Economy.

Can you Imagine the consequence?

No Business, No Finance, No Travel and No Internet.

India would join North Korea, Myramar and perhaps some island nations without the ability to talk to the rest of the World.

08-13-10 11:01 AM
    hopefully they will come to an agreement, i don't know where i'd be without my bb.
    08-13-10 12:25 PM
    I wish they don't stop BlackBerry service in India. Well I just want to know someting. If government have the code to see the data send thru blackberry will they also be able to see the content of berry belonging to foreigners who visit india? And if berry service is stopped what will happen to ppl with berry who visit india from outside. Will their berry also stop working when they r in my country?

08-14-10 09:58 AM
    I wish they don't stop BlackBerry service in India. Well I just want to know someting. If government have the code to see the data send thru blackberry will they also be able to see the content of berry belonging to foreigners who visit india?
    There are two different classes of BlackBerry service. BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) has no encryption. That means, all email and Messenger content is clearly visuable to the authorities.

The high grade service, BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) can be encrypted by the corporation in such a way that no unauthorized parties can view the content. That is the subject of the threatened ban.

And if berry service is stopped what will happen to ppl with berry who visit india from outside. Will their berry also stop working when they r in my country?

Yes. If the ban is implemented, all BlackBerry devices will fail to establish a data connection. India would become a dead zone to BlackBerry data. Voice and text would still work.
    08-14-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD