MAN, BIS was the only reason i stuck with blackberry over the years, the instant pushed email was the only reason i told EVERYONE i was a loyal blackberry user. I have a feeling i will go back to my torch, but its getting long in the tooth, and all these new touchscreen phones look a ton better then the z10.
    02-08-13 12:43 AM
    Yeah. This does suck. I enjoyed using it occasionally and weird people out.
    02-08-13 12:48 AM
    the only thing is, is what device to switch to, i figure i could easily return it if i was like, can i get this one instead, hrm. I figure my emails are working fine from all my remote servers with z10, even though its being filtered via Rogers. I wonder whats good. But i do love my physical keyboard..
    02-08-13 12:49 AM
    so far in three days

120mb data used on z10

average on legacy BBOS was 700mb in one month
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-08-13 02:29 AM
    so far in three days
    120mb data used on z10
    Now that you have a fancy new phone, have you just been downloading more apps, browsing the web more and watching more videos?

I wonder what the data usage will be once the honeymoon is over.
    02-08-13 11:42 AM
    There is an upside, no more BIS outages! Of course, you lose that BB email reliability and gmail users will lose pushmail, unless IMAP idle is working?.
    02-08-13 12:05 PM
    so far in three days

120mb data used on z10

What was all the talk about a tiered plan during the last conference call? I thought it was mentioned or hinted to, that if we wanted BIS that would be an extra charge? Any talk about tiered plans when you purchased your Z10??
    02-08-13 12:10 PM
    Well... BIS and its security is the one thing, that concerns me the most. With BIS gone? I don't know. Basically it doesn't even matter anymore if I use an iPhone or a BlackBerry.

(This is a question so �)

edit | I actually don't care about any @blackberry eMail, 'cuz I'm using my own eMail accounts ~ but real push is probably falling apart for those as well?
    02-08-13 12:25 PM
    Well... BIS and its security is the one thing, that concerns me the most. With BIS gone? I don't know. Basically it doesn't even matter anymore if I use an iPhone or a BlackBerry.

(This is a question so …)

edit | I actually don't care about any @blackberry eMail, 'cuz I'm using my own eMail accounts ~ but real push is probably falling apart for those as well?
    Couldn't be more right. It doesn't matter now whether you use BlackBerry, Iphone or Android. I got the Z10 and although it's a good phone without BIS it isn't a BlackBerry. I stayed with BB for years through outages, software glitches and lack of apps because of the excellent service offered through BIS. 10 mins to wait for an email to hit my phone isn't an improvement. I've gone back to my Bold. BlackBerry has taken one step forward and two steps back. I hope they sort out a way to offer this service soon.
    02-13-13 05:30 PM
    I hope they bring back BIS, that's part of the reason I came back to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:26 PM
    Really hate reading this. Didn't know anything about it before. I use my bb.net email address for absolutely everything. Loathe the idea of having to find another provider and switching a million services over to it.
    05-12-13 12:41 AM
    Really hate reading this. Didn't know anything about it before. I use my bb.net email address for absolutely everything. Loathe the idea of having to find another provider and switching a million services over to it.
    Plenty of free mail providers. At least you have a year to do it.
    05-12-13 04:23 AM
    What I really don't understand is why RIM don't make BIS optional add on to a regular data smartphone plan. They could keep a lot of e-mail junkies happy with their push mails and make some money doing so. I would pay 5-10 $ extra.
    Blackberry wants BIS to go away and will end it as soon as they can. It is an expense they wish to get out of. They also get a lot of bad press when BIS goes down. After they get everyone off of BIS, they will save millions on servers, maint and the people who take care of them.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-13 05:52 AM
    Blackberry wants BIS to go away and will end it as soon as they can. It is an expense they wish to get out of. They also get a lot of bad press when BIS goes down. After they get everyone off of BIS, they will save millions on servers, maint and the people who take care of them.
    I think it's more that they couldn't get it to work with BB10.
    05-13-13 09:53 AM
    Hi everyone, i just wanted to ask my question. Do I only need to configure my BB Z10 with APN for my provider, because in my country no one from providers support BIS, does FCB, E-Mails, Twitter, Maps and all other things work with only APN without BIS.. Im interested to buy one and im really confused.. Any help?!
    02-01-14 01:34 PM
    Hi everyone, im interested to buy a new BB Z10.. But in my country none of providers support BIS.. Can you please help me and inform, does internet will work on Z10 with only APN (do these work e.x facebook, twitter, e-mail, BBM, maps and all other things) with only APN configured. I would really appreciate. Thanks a lot.
    02-01-14 01:39 PM
    You can always use a hosted BES service, of which there are many to choose from. And a pretty well all IMAP and exchange servers do push, so there is absolutely no advantage in using BIS.

I typically use around 500 MB a month with my Z10 and it's only when I need to tether that I ever come close to using my 3GB dta bucket. And that's with watching youtube videos, lots of Web surfing and Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:46 PM
117 ... 345