Another thing I liked about BIS pushing POP 3 emails to my phone is that the attachments weren't pushed out unless I requested them, saving lots of data.
    that is very true. good point
    01-30-13 09:23 PM
    I'd pay BlackBerry $5 a month to keep BIS, with its instant push notifications and my @tmo.blackberry.net email. It is the one email address I have used since 2006 for EVERYTHING. I hate yahoo, gmail, and all the rest. Looks like BlackBerry10 is pushing us all into the future, whether we like it or not...
    01-30-13 09:26 PM
    Suddenly the old Blackberry way of doing things doesn't look so bad... irony?
    LOL
    01-30-13 09:31 PM
    So I'm guessing we loose the option to "delete on server" or "delete on device"?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 10:21 PM
    I can confirm you do not need a BIS plan on BB10. I put in a SIM card from a Windows Phone 8 (GASP) and it works fine.
    I never used the BIS e-mail addresses so that was good planning on my part (haha).
    Since the vast majority of my e-mail comes via Exchange Active Sync, it's not exactly a fair comparison to the BIS of old. I've always had BES. Well, until now
    01-30-13 10:24 PM
    So does that mean we don't need BIS to use BBM now?
    01-30-13 10:30 PM
    So I'm guessing we loose the option to "delete on server" or "delete on device"?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like it. It looks like deleting from the device also removes it from the server. Brilliant move, RIM.
    01-30-13 10:35 PM
    could be wrong but thought I read where BIS was still needed in order to use BBM on BB10?
    01-30-13 10:36 PM
    Ya I thought we needed it for bbm. I would gladly pay the $5 per month for email to stay the same.
    01-30-13 10:39 PM
    I thought we needed it too. This is what they told me though. Hopefully there is a post from CB in the coming days
    01-30-13 10:40 PM
    Well this can't be all good news. I guess I need to do some investigation to see how this will impact me... or not.
    01-30-13 10:41 PM
    It's sad, but i never used my blackberry.net, but it's nice to have eh. Oh changes must be made!
    01-30-13 10:43 PM
    Well this can't be all good news. I guess I need to do some investigation to see how this will impact me... or not.
    data compression is what I am really wondering about. We havent seen any bb10 data tracking to see how consumption compares to legacy BBOS and other OS's
    01-30-13 10:43 PM
    It's sad, but i never used my blackberry.net, but it's nice to have eh. Oh changes must be made!
    i didn't use it either because i don't believe you can access it on a computer
    01-30-13 10:44 PM
    I am using BBM without BIS.
    I believe everything hinges on the BlackBerry ID now.
    I didn't do a Device Switch but that's one of the ways the old BBM addresses come over.
    01-30-13 10:44 PM
    I am using BBM without BIS.
    I believe everything hinges on the BlackBerry ID now.
    I didn't do a Device Switch but that's one of the ways the old BBM addresses come over.
    So it goes back to the Dev Alphas that had it all working without BIS

looks like it ended up like that
    01-30-13 10:45 PM
    BUHC, thanks for posting the info on data. Hopefully compression will still be a feature.
    01-30-13 10:46 PM
    BUHC, thanks for posting the info on data. Hopefully compression will still be a feature.
    i hope they pull something out of the hat SOMEHOW too. Like i said We have not seen data tracking apps with comparison to anything else so we dont know yet!!!
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-30-13 10:49 PM
    Why do you think the carriers are OK with giving up on charging for BIS.
    Watch your data charges go through the roof.
    01-30-13 10:52 PM
    Why do you think the carriers are OK with giving up on charging for BIS.
    Watch your data charges go through the roof.
    RIM got the money from it not the carriers
    01-30-13 10:54 PM
    RIM got the money from it not the carriers
    Yes, but carriers will now reap the rewards of higher data use.
    01-30-13 10:56 PM
    Yes, but carriers will now reap the rewards of higher data use.
    and thats exactly why carriers are OK with giving up charging for BIS

I may have to up my 1gb plan for more $$
    01-30-13 11:02 PM
    Not to forget our Bridge Wifi PlayBook Users... Some cant access to the Internet with BB10 now without the right contract.
    01-30-13 11:02 PM
    Not to forget our Bridge Wifi PlayBook Users... Some cant access to the Internet with BB10 now without the right contract.
    this does not change:

1. Bluetooth capability (bridge)

2. mobile hotspot capability

does not change ABILITY to bridge as far as i can see.

while bridged or on mobile hotspot to PB it may suck back more data now? i dont know
    01-30-13 11:11 PM
    This is good news, someone can switch to a BB10 phone easily without changing plans. And the compression you are getting even if you get 300 emails a day are a drop in the bucket compared to watching one Youtube video or one photo on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest. They can't compress pictures or video, which is the lion's share of data used these days. Good move by Blackberry.
    01-30-13 11:13 PM
117 1234 ...