So I just found out one great thing about os7 is that you can customize what default search provider you use for both universial search and the web browser, and it is really simple!

Simply pull up your browser, and then press menue, then options, and then you will see a button for "manage search engines". Click on this, and then "new search engine" at the top. For name, use google, and for the address, its "http://www.google.com/m/search?q=%s" without the quotes. Now save, and you will now see google as a search engine for the browser! One final step would be to long press/menue button while highlighted over the new Google search engine, and "set as default". Now whener you use Universal search or search with "go to" in the browser, it will use google instead of Bing! What's great about this is it will work with any of your favorite search engines, even searching google images or such, just by using the right url!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 03:21 PM
    09-01-11 03:28 PM
    Apropos only of the thread title, the Bing app is available for the 9900/30 but not the 9810. MS says it is planning to release a version for the 9810, but has no concrete date yet.

That is all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled misplaced thread.
    09-01-11 03:47 PM
    Yep, already switched back to Google.
    09-01-11 04:00 PM
    I could do this on OS6... But nice "how to" at any rate.
    09-01-11 08:39 PM
    Thank You, Wolf-Strong! (I personally do not like Bing, so I'm happy to be able to use something else.)

So I just found out one great thing about os7 is that you can customize what default search provider you use for both universial search and the web browser, and it is really simple!

Simply pull up your browser, and then press menue, then options, and then you will see a button for "manage search engines". Click on this, and then "new search engine" at the top. For name, use google, and for the address, its "http://www.google.com/m/search?q=%s" without the quotes. Now save, and you will now see google as a search engine for the browser! One final step would be to long press/menue button while highlighted over the new Google search engine, and "set as default". Now whener you use Universal search or search with "go to" in the browser, it will use google instead of Bing! What's great about this is it will work with any of your favorite search engines, even searching google images or such, just by using the right url!

09-01-11 10:59 PM
    I could do this on OS6... But nice "how to" at any rate.
    Wasn't possible with Verizon and OS 6, so this is somewhat "new"
    09-02-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD