I don't carry a purse or any other bags. If I did I might tend to agree with your solution. I hate pockets bulging with stuff and refuse to go back to the belt holster days.

Male btw

!
    I don't blame you, holsters are freakin' hideous... I agree 100% there... haha

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 06:33 PM
    I don't carry a purse or any other bags. If I did I might tend to agree with your solution. I hate pockets bulging with stuff and refuse to go back to the belt holster days.

Male btw

!
    I do back and forth to work, but once at work, I only want to carry one phone in my pocket.
    02-17-16 07:10 PM
    I'm looking to have a phone for personal life and business. I have my personal phone going off early mornings for the jobs I sideline, when I'm trying to sleep in one more hour. I would like a third non smart phone as well but mainly for operational capacities in analog only areas, yes they still exist.

Yet to correctly answer the question one.
    02-17-16 09:37 PM
    I don't blame you, holsters are freakin' hideous... I agree 100% there... haha

Posted via CB10
    Lol... Holster on each side, here. Carried that way for so long I might not walk straight without the hideous things.
    02-18-16 04:49 AM
    Having two lines has become as much a no-brainer as having multiple email addresses for some of us.
    Type of work and nature of how phone is used in personal and in work life would determine the need.

I need two lines. Passport and Q10 are both always on me.
    Funny enough, the Passport has my personal phone line but is used for my work emails and working with docs and other 'work stuff' and my Q10 has the work line and used mostly for work voice calls and emails/text etc when Passport is out of reach.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 02-18-16 at 10:03 AM.
    02-18-16 07:04 AM
    I said devices, not just phones. I always think it's funny seeing someone lug around 2 phones, a tablet and a laptop, like they're some kind of mobile road warrior.
    02-18-16 12:11 PM
    It's more of an observation of horrible American consumerism combined with serious ADD most people seem to have now. Don't forget to throw in the ebook readers too!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-18-16 12:14 PM
    [info]If you see it, report it, DO NOT quote it. [/info]

[WARN]Inappropriate Language:
    Mobile Nations is a network used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, images and links family appropriate. Creative misspelling of profanity to circumvent the filters in place to block variations of profanity will not be tolerated. Moderators may delete or edit posts at their discretion, if posts are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be typically be given a warning for the first violation. Continued violations will result in a ban from the forum.
    [/WARN]
    02-18-16 12:36 PM
    It's more of an observation of horrible American consumerism combined with serious ADD most people seem to have now. Don't forget to throw in the ebook readers too!
    Well, I do use my PaperWhite daily as well.
    I don't see anything wrong with 'devices' as you say, as long as the user feels they're having some value added.
    And even if not, it's a free country! Lol (well, most countries lol).

02-18-16 12:53 PM
    Well, I do use my PaperWhite daily as well.
    I don't see anything wrong with 'devices' as you say, as long as the user feels they're having some value added.
    And even if not, it's a free country! Lol (well, most countries lol).

Good point. I have a paperwhite also and it does what it does very well.
    02-18-16 12:58 PM
    The solution - A single SIM phone that supports multiple phone numbers and the ability to separate work and personal data.

Blackberry Balance - if they can get this to work without BES
    Blackberry Movirtu - Weren't they planning to roll this out in India last year? Haven't heard anymore on this...........
    02-18-16 01:01 PM
    I would only carry two devices if I was forced to because of work and I would hate it.
    Many did hate it... which in large part fuelled the BYOD revolution.

And, IMO, I suspect that's where some of the reluctance to carry a BB phone came from too. I'm sure many people resented BB and chose Apple as their one-and-only BYOD phone because very often the work phone you were "forced" to carry was a BB phone. It's human nature to kick against that forced choice.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-18-16 01:07 PM
    Idea of two devices never made any sense to me. Phones and esp smart phones are suppose to liberate you from being tied to many devices.
    Anyway, I have a Passport, so ...
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-18-16 01:08 PM
    I've carried two devices for the past ~10 years; one for work use and one for personal use. At least one of the two has been a Blackberry up until 6 months ago.
    02-18-16 01:11 PM
    I never carried two phones but since last month after I bought the Priv I am constrained to carry two phones . My Passport SE and the Priv both devices have same numbers. The BlackBerry 10 Hub is too good and Priv cannot match the hub. Replying to emails is always easy and most convenient from the Passport. I hope BlackBerry is able to replicate the BB10 Hub on the Priv soonest.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    02-18-16 01:45 PM
    My primary device gets used heavily for a great many things, business, pleasure, reading, media consumption, but I carry a tab for additional media consumption, as well. I *could* get by with one, but choose not to.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-18-16 04:23 PM
    Many did hate it... which in large part fuelled the BYOD revolution.

And, IMO, I suspect that's where some of the reluctance to carry a BB phone came from too. I'm sure many people resented BB and chose Apple as their one-and-only BYOD phone because very often the work phone you were "forced" to carry was a BB phone. It's human nature to kick against that forced choice.
    Very true. My wife switched jobs and has two iPhones because of that
    02-18-16 06:23 PM
    I carry a Z30 on Verizon and either a classic or Passport on AT&T at all times.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 06:32 PM
    My primary device gets used heavily for a great many things, business, pleasure, reading, media consumption, but I carry a tab for additional media consumption, as well. I *could* get by with one, but choose not to.
    Kind of another reason, in essence, why I carry 2 cell phones. As stated prior, one I use for family and friends. My Classic. Simply a phone phone. The other device I use for work and spammy stuff. On device 2 I load it with apps: my ereaders, my media needs, music needs, games, RSS, social media, etc... All the leisurely junk one may need. "Never put all your eggs in one device" (or something like that...) Could I shove it all into one phone and be done with it? Yes. But why? I want a phone and then I also want a separate device for everything else. Another cell phone is by far the most sensible choice as far as the vessel goes. Compact in size, easily transported vs a laptop or tablet. To me, it just makes sense. A phone and then a personal entertainment device that I also happen to have repurposed into a functioning work line and spam portal to keep organization and prioritize what matters to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 06:40 PM
    Here's my vote for 2 phones. I carry the Classic for work and white Passport for personal. Both holstered lol

I love being able to disconnect and focus my attention accordingly.

Just wish work gave me a black Passport instead of the Classic.

Posted via the mighty White Passport
    jope28 likes this.
    02-18-16 07:14 PM
    I think I'm going to start a new trend and carry 3 phones. All in holsters.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-18-16 07:25 PM
    I think I'm going to start a new trend and carry 3 phones. All in holsters.
    NO!!!

Two holsters and one in the chest pocket is the only way you could rock that trend and legitimize it... From a marketing perspective via a consumer's POV, 3 in a holster is visually asymmetric... BUT 2 holstered and one in the chest pocket is clearly gold. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 07:34 PM
    NO!!!

Two holsters and one in the chest pocket is the only way you could rock that trend and legitimize it... From a marketing perspective via a consumer's POV, 3 in a holster is visually asymmetric... BUT 2 holstered and one in the chest pocket is clearly gold. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    OK, I'm new to this do give me a chance.
    02-18-16 07:36 PM
    I can't wait for someone to make one good phone with 2 Sims card slot so that I can carry only one.
    02-18-16 08:52 PM
    In retrospect, I actually started doing dual carry nearly a year ago after realizing that the power pack I was carrying to back up the fixed battery Classic wasn't much smaller than a 9900. I now just carry a spare phone instead of a spare battery. Spare 9900 provides quickest call back once Classic battery is burned to shut down. Also provides numerous benefits over a dumb battery.

Typically carry ATT 9900 while packing VZW Classic. Or VZW 9930 while packing my ATT PassPort. Improves choice of best signal while out in low signal areas. And/or low signal industrial environments. Also carry a very compact spare JM1 battery for my spare 9900. One way or another, Clients, family & coworkers can make contact.

To the OP's point (I think??) do any of us really NEED a smart phone? I, for one, am still proficient with Morse code and semaphore. Lol. I might even fake my way around some rudimentary smoke signals. . Clients, family & coworkers prefer smartphones so...
    02-18-16 11:40 PM
80 1234