8350i on Nextel without Data plan (so far)

It worked before on our home wireless network, now it doesn't. It says "unable to connect to the internet" when I open up the browser. I think it might have something to do with the new service books I put on there. I have tried shutting off Nextel's connection and using wi-fi only. Nothing. Also tried master radio reset.
    Its conencting fine (our network has no encription right now so its easily accessed) it says "default" (our SSID) at the top of the screen and the wifi logo is on, telling me that its connected. How do I get the internet connection to go thorugh wifi?

This phone has been nothing but a hassle. I can't believe how greedy theses companies are so you can't enjoy a device without paying out the *** for it.
    08-27-09 08:32 PM
    try reseting your router. i had the same issue and reseting the router fixed it for me
    08-27-09 08:35 PM
    UPDATE: I deleted all my WiFi profiles... Tried reconnecting to my network and it flat out refuses to connect now. Says unable to receive an IP address. *pulls out hair
    08-27-09 08:37 PM
    I highly recommend a BB data plan.
    08-27-09 08:38 PM
    Router reset... goose egg. same issue. Computer (which I am on) reconnected flawlessly.
    08-27-09 08:41 PM
    I highly recommend a BB data plan.
    Stuff like that is to come. notice how i said "so far"

Should NOT need a data plan to use WiFi. It worked fine before
    08-27-09 08:41 PM
    battery pull
    08-27-09 08:44 PM
    battery pull
    did that as well. can service books affect wifi at all?
    08-27-09 09:01 PM
    updating the OS as we speak. results to come.
    08-27-09 09:02 PM
    wow. that was a total waste. I reinstalled the OS (turns out 204 is the same as 316) so I got no updates, lost my service books (which I can put back on not a prob) and lost all my contacts and settings. and it STILL wont connect to wifi.
    08-27-09 09:10 PM
    do you have enought ip addresses open in your router settings?
    08-27-09 09:14 PM
    should. everything is set to default settings (which should allow for a few things at least to connect)

I just dont see why it worked before but no longer does. I can not stand tempermental electronics. we live in the 21 century yet still can not make reliable technology. :-/
    08-27-09 09:26 PM
    I just fired up the laptop and connected that to the router wirelessly as well. it works great.
    08-27-09 09:34 PM
    Any ideas anybody? I reupdated the service books, did another battery pull, master radio reset, tried registering the device (which doesn't work without data) etc etc. also tried resetting the router again. Nothing. I will try to test it on another router next chance I get.
    08-27-09 10:29 PM
    it needs a valid sim card with a data plan, atleast here in canada, since the companys softwares are loaded in the bbs.
    08-27-09 10:34 PM
    for wifi? That can't be true since it worked before.
    08-28-09 05:06 AM
    You need to figure out what exactly changed from the time it was working until the time it stopped.

What was difference between the service books you added vs. the ones you were using back in your first post. It seemed to me as a casual observer that that's when your trouble started. Do you still have the set of service books you changed from, I would reinstall them if you do and see if you can get back to wifi service that way.

Looks like you covered most of everything else otherwise.
    08-28-09 08:35 AM
    You need to figure out what exactly changed from the time it was working until the time it stopped.

What was difference between the service books you added vs. the ones you were using back in your first post. It seemed to me as a casual observer that that's when your trouble started. Do you still have the set of service books you changed from, I would reinstall them if you do and see if you can get back to wifi service that way.

Looks like you covered most of everything else otherwise.
    This is what I was thinking as well. So far I have tried restoring the old service books, restoring the OS via computer connection (this put it back to the way it was when it worked, out of the box), and have even tried wiping the phone from within the phone (theres a way to restore the factory software within the phone). I have also tried it at work opposed to at home. Many battery pulls, master radio resets, etc. Even tried pulling the sim card and trying it like so. I think the phone is physically broken...
    08-28-09 12:09 PM
    under options>advanced>browser have you changed between hotspot and browser? Just a thought!
    08-28-09 04:55 PM
    There is no option there, only hotspot.

The reason I can not get online is because I am not getting an IP address. thoughts?
    08-29-09 03:30 AM
    MAC filtering?
    08-29-09 03:44 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I've had my 8350 for just over a week now. The first few days it connected to my router without a problem. Then, it just stopped. It shows up and connects to the router but not the internet. I called sprint which was a waste of time. I took it in to the repair store and they couldn't figure it out either. They ordered me a new phone which I picked up today. At first it was connecting but once again it has stopped accessing the net via the router. I went through all of the trouble guides and I'm still in the same boat.

If anyone figures this problem out I would love to know what the fix is. The rest of the phone works just fine, it's only the wifi issues.

Thanks,
    Dave
    09-08-09 06:19 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I've had my 8350 for just over a week now. The first few days it connected to my router without a problem. Then, it just stopped. It shows up and connects to the router but not the internet. I called sprint which was a waste of time. I took it in to the repair store and they couldn't figure it out either. They ordered me a new phone which I picked up today. At first it was connecting but once again it has stopped accessing the net via the router. I went through all of the trouble guides and I'm still in the same boat.

If anyone figures this problem out I would love to know what the fix is. The rest of the phone works just fine, it's only the wifi issues.

Thanks,
    Dave
    try disabling the wifi security for a moment, then try to connect again. Try the reconnect from a few feet too.
    09-08-09 06:34 PM
    To eliminate your router as the problem why not take your BB to a friends house, have them take down their shields and see if you can connect to their router...? Just a trouble shooting thought.
    09-08-09 07:31 PM
    I have had the same problem, it depends on the router. It is usually not the phone.
    09-09-09 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD