I have an 8330 (Curve) which I know is very old! However I've been hanging in there with it. But two days ago, it switched to 1xev. I did all the techniques I'm used to--battery pull, register again, send service books, *228, etc. Yet, nothing. Still only getting texts and phone calls.

Here are my questions:
    1. Is there a reason this is happening, that anyone can think of? (Note: nobody else with Verizon, or any other service, in my area, is having this problem, nor are there reports of it).
    2. Is it possible that this is happening because my phone is so old, i.e. it's a lost cause? (which doesn't make sense to me, but I can't think of anything else)

I would so appreciate any help...I'm so frustrated.
    04-07-11 07:06 PM
    Couple Questions:

When you send your service books, and Host Routing Table, do you get the appropriate messages in your inbox?

Have you done anything to the phone or did it do anything strange prior to losing your data services?

It doesn't matter how old your phone is, if it isn't working correctly call Verizon and complain to them. I'd even ask them to credit you some dollars because of your lost services. You pay a lot for it, there's no reason why it shouldn't work as it always has.
    04-07-11 07:22 PM
    Make sure you have data turned on sometimes it can get switched off
    04-07-11 07:58 PM
    Data is turned on.

When I sent service books and all, I'm not getting those emails either.

Thanks so much for the feedback so far...any other thoughts?
    04-07-11 08:18 PM
    If you don't get the emails from sending the service books then you NEED to call Verizon. There is definitely something wrong with your data services, and there's really nothing else we can do for you.
    04-07-11 08:28 PM
    I agree with ridesno, lower case xev indicates no data. You won't get anything data related without 1XEV.

Call your provider and have them help you out.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    04-07-11 08:32 PM
    I will call them tomorrow; thanks for the feedback, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something embarrassingly obvious!
    04-07-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD