I'm a little upset. We've been fighting for the survival of this brand for long and I feel as if we collectively failed.

Yes, BlackBerry doesn't pay us and no I am not trying to be a drama queen here, but not sure about you. I just feel sad.

Perhaps thing are going to move for the better, or not move at all, we don't know... but the fact remains: we failed.

Am I the only one?
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    09-23-13 12:53 PM
    I'm a little upset. We've been fighting for the survival of this brand for long and I feel as if we collectively failed.

Yes, BlackBerry doesn't pay us and no I am not trying to be a drama queen here, but not sure about you. I just feel sad.

Perhaps thing are going to move for the better, or not move at all, we don't know... but the fact remains: we failed.

Am I the only one?
    Unless you worked for the company as a C level executive, you didn't fail.
    09-23-13 12:56 PM
    Every empire eventually falls. BlackBerry was king of the mountain and didn't anticipate how huge touch based smart phones were gonna be. It took them all the way until 2012 to release fully next gen smart phones and by then they were 2-3 years too late. I used to have an iPhone, I'm back on a BB Bold 9930 and I love it, but I'm in an extreme minority. All I care about is messaging (e-mail/texting/WhatsApp) and for that purpose this phone is a dream. For everything else it SUCKS. This matters to the vast majority of phone users and is the main reason BB failed. Nothing the Blackberry faithful could have done would have made a difference.
    09-23-13 01:07 PM
    This is just a first step. Beats a bankruptcy filing. Puts a floor under the stock. They can still shop around. Gives the company a chance to get out of the spotlight and try to survive. Not sure if they will be in the hardware business much longer after readying Prems opening statement.. but lets see.
    09-23-13 01:10 PM
    They aren't done... why would they continue to make 4 phones next year if they are dead?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:12 PM
    This is all due to the BlackBerry Board, and the decisions they've made these past years.

Hubris.

Let's just see if BlackBerry remains intact...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    09-23-13 01:14 PM
    Oh and no "we" didn't fail - unless you work for them, in which case we should talk. I'm not sitting on a $9 buy out.

This is all on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    09-23-13 01:16 PM
    They aren't done... why would they continue to make 4 phones next year if they are dead?

Posted via CB10
    This!!^^
    Seriously guys, get the facts together and CONNECT THE DOTS ALREADY!!
    It's a phase that the company has to go through, yet the majority of comments is about how it will fail. Your comments reflect your life to a certain extent, so you're not doing yourself nor the company nor CB any favour.

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 using CB10. Fido, Toronto.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-23-13 02:17 PM
    For what it's worth, I found this interesting article last night that I think is spot on. I think many pundits are quick to call mortality, partly due to personal bias, and to snag the honor of being the first one to predict something. If they're wrong, no one will remember; if they're right, they can say they told everyone else. This applies to many things, not just this topic. Anyway, take from it what you will, but I think it makes some great points. I wish articles like this would get more exposure.

The tech pundits are wrong: BlackBerry may be struggling, but it’s not a doomed company
    The tech pundits are wrong: BlackBerry may be struggling, but it’s not a doomed company – NPI Advocate
    09-23-13 05:14 PM
    I don't know what to think about BlackBerry going private. It'll probably be good for morale... employees and fans alike. Maybe with BB going private the media will finally get off their case and let BB sort itself out. I can only hope. I just want BlackBerry to succeed and keep making phones and keep adding to their app repository. Hopefully this going private thing is just them tightening their belt and pushing forward.
    09-23-13 08:21 PM
    OP this isn't the end of Blackberry. I don't think you understand what has occurred. Yes at some point Fairfax could sell BB in pieces, but right now its good for Blackberry. Until they say they are no longer going to make phones and quit supporting BB10 then you won't notice anything different about the company except maybe less negative press. You don't have to feel sad, if anything this is a good thing for them that could breathe new life into them and put an end to the disaster they've been the last few years.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    09-23-13 08:27 PM