Hi,

I picked up a used 7290 off flea bay recently. I don�t intend on using the enterprise mail application at the moment but was hoping to use the google application to pickup my gmail.

My Blackberry is a Vodafone version and I am on the Vodafone network but don�t have a specific blackberry plan. I should be able to use data though. Does anyone know if Vodafone lock data access on Blackberrys? Is there are workaround?

BTW There is no browser activated on my BB. I am trying to use Opera which I installed via my Mac.

Thanks,
    Waz
    02-07-08 04:24 AM
    Hi,

I picked up a used 7290 off flea bay recently. I don�t intend on using the enterprise mail application at the moment but was hoping to use the google application to pickup my gmail.

My Blackberry is a Vodafone version and I am on the Vodafone network but don�t have a specific blackberry plan. I should be able to use data though. Does anyone know if Vodafone lock data access on Blackberrys? Is there are workaround?

BTW There is no browser activated on my BB. I am trying to use Opera which I installed via my Mac.

Thanks,
    Waz
    If you don't have a "plan" then chances are you won't have data. No data=no internet=no email. You need some sort of data plan to use these functions.
    02-07-08 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD