So I went to the Verizon Store the other day, and there were no BlackBerrys on display!.. Of course there were live Android and Apple products being shown, but no BlackBerry anywhere. Verizon still sells BlackBerry, but how will people know about BlackBerry if it's not on display? I was just curious and concerned that Verizon won't support BlackBerry in the future...

Has anybody else seen or heard of this on other carriers?

-Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9650
    07-22-12 05:20 PM
    This in all likelihood has very little to do with Verizon proper. Stores generally do not waste shelf space on things that are not selling well (or at all).

If this particular felt the "real estate" would be best put to use showcasing product that will move I say more power to them, regardless of which brand.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-22-12 at 05:56 PM.
    07-22-12 05:27 PM
    I can see carriers shying away from current BB7 devices, but I believe once BB10 rolls around, carriers will advertise BB10 as a hero device
    07-22-12 05:40 PM
    I can't say I blame them considering the Bold 9930 isn't really selling well at all to walk-in customers. However, I don't think they are doing themselves any favors with their hardcore BlackBerry customers. Companies like Verizon and AT&T need to realize that a good amount of their customers are more loyal to a phone brand than they are to their service provider. The biggest exception to this is in places where there is no real competition to Verizon or AT&T because of horrible coverage by their competitors.
    anon(4166778) likes this.
    07-22-12 05:42 PM
    This in all likelihood has very to do with Verizon proper. Stores generally do not waste shelf space on things that are not selling well (or at all).

If this particular felt the "real estate" would be best put to use showcasing product that will move I say more power to them, regardless of which brand.

But they'll use whole 3 foot display case for 2 3G/4g dongles? No one gives a damn what shade of black they offer.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    07-22-12 05:49 PM
    Why display what's not selling? Its not the carriers fault but the manufactures. RIM fell behind so they loose out on shelf space and the push to sell their goods. Palm had the same issue not too far back and now look were they are. This situation is the result of RIM waiting too long to push out their BB10 device. So I am sure this is the reason they are delaying the launch to make sure they get it right.
    07-22-12 05:55 PM
    But they'll use whole 3 foot display case for 2 3G/4g dongles? No one gives a damn what shade of black they offer.
    If that is what sells then that is what gets floor / shelf space. This is not rocket science.
    07-22-12 05:58 PM
    If that is what sells then that is what gets floor / shelf space. This is not rocket science.
    You completely missed the point. And no, they really don't sell
    07-22-12 06:32 PM
    I'm surprised that they don't even have a Bold taped to a wall or something.

Then again, Verizon probably sells quite a bit to businesses, so no need for in-store displays, and knows that hardcore fans will buy a BB no matter what, and for that you have the website.

Not a good omen for OS7, however until the launch. We're still at least 6 months away...
    Last edited by PineappleUnderTheSea; 07-22-12 at 06:42 PM.
    07-22-12 06:40 PM
    Sad thing is Verizon going to be the first one with they hands open to take your money for a 4G data plan for BB10. If they had any sense they would still push it to make more subscribers jump on it for more $$$$ but then again they have "DROID" all up they arse.

LONG LIVE BLACKBERRY!!!!
    07-22-12 06:48 PM
    I was happy to see the 9900 up on display alongside the SGS3 and HTC One S at T-Mo. I really wish they hadn't EOL'd the 9810, but it's still selling for a pretty penny on eBay.
    07-22-12 07:05 PM
    I've seen them on display at Best Buy but they were still $200+, more than iPhones and Android devices
    07-22-12 07:57 PM
    No BlackBerry phones on display is a all to familiar site. Let's hope BB10 turns this around because RIM is going to need carrier support to turn the North American market around.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-22-12 09:11 PM
    QFT! I lol'd Would it be so painful for them to keep a 9930 displayed on a charger and if, just by the oddest twist of fate, a customer asked for it they could say something like "I'm sorry, we don't have it available in-store, but you can order it through VerizonWireless.com"? Oh wait, they don't make commission online.
    07-22-12 09:45 PM
    I think that they need to display Blackberry phones anyway...
    Verizon has its own interests not selling Blackbery devices.
    they want LTE devices, mostly they want to sell android but because they will lose too much % of thier clients without iPhones they sell it also.

About the Blackberry users... well they just don't care about us.
    they just advertise Android phones and Iphones when a user asks for Blackberry, guiding thier workers to say "blackberry is dead" and such things that scares the buyer...
    07-22-12 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD