I must be the only one wondering why a BT headset even needs an app in the first place.
    01-24-14 10:17 PM
    I must be the only one wondering why a BT headset even needs an app in the first place.
    Not sure if you're genuinely wondering why or if you're saying this with the implication that it does not matter and it diminishes the OP's sentiment. If it's the latter, well, as the saying goes, "That kinda thinking is what got BBRY into this situation..."

If it's the former... try it out if you have a BT. I love fine tuning my BT settings.

But regardless of your reason, whether they need or they don't, this particular mobile user wants it.
    RedFoxOne, JeepBB and sean3089 like this.
    01-24-14 10:21 PM
    Jawbone has a nice app that shows the battery meter while talking on it and let's you control different functions of the headset.
    JR A likes this.
    01-24-14 10:21 PM
    Not sure if you're genuinely wondering why or if you're saying this with the implication that it does not matter and it diminishes the OP's sentiment. If it's the latter, well, as the saying goes, "That kinda thinking is what got BBRY into this situation..."

If it's the former... try it out if you have a BT. I love fine tuning my BT settings.

But regardless of your reason, whether they need or they don't, this particular mobile user wants it.
    Pretty sad you walk away with that as your first feeling. I genuinely didn't see the need really, I mean if OP was using Google Now or Siri wanted extensive voice commands sure.. but none of those are on BB10 either lol. Wasn't in any way diminishing his need, just trying to understand but I see now it offers a battery meter and locator features.
    JR A likes this.
    01-24-14 10:24 PM
    And yes guys I know it's a ***** thread. And I know it comes off as being another complainer. The thing is it that I really do love BB10 but it's so frustrating that some things like this don't work. I do appreciate the tips and everyone is always helpful, I just wish it didn't have to be this freaking difficult to get a simple bluetooth headset app to work. It's such a great OS but it's incomplete until some of this stuff starts working and makes it a viable alternative to Android and iOS.
    Like Bla1ze kind of alluded to, it must not be that simple if it needs an app to work.

Otherwise, and I'm probably repeating a common sentiment here, you know what the app situation is with BB right now, and at least for the foreseeable future. You cannot count on apps that are available on other platforms being available for BB10. We all know this going in -- or at least we should. If apps are a big deal to you, then you need to make a decision when you buy a phone if they are more important than whatever else you like about the platform. I do get aggravated as hell when I see what looks like a cool app 'available for your Apple or Android device'. My cable company offers home security on your mobile device; I haven't bothered to check into it, but (and because) I'm 99.99% sure they don't have an app for BB10. Makes me fume sometimes, to be honest. But it's the compromise I willingly made to use the platform I still vastly prefer over any other. If you need apps that badly that aren't available, well, maybe you need to think about another platform.
    ray689, serbanescu and beamolite like this.
    01-24-14 10:32 PM
    Pretty sad you walk away with that as your first feeling. I genuinely didn't see the need really, I mean if OP was using Google Now or Siri wanted extensive voice commands sure.. but none of those are on BB10 either lol. Wasn't in any way diminishing his need, just trying to understand but I see now it offers a battery meter and locator features.
    Not sad at all. It was my second feeling.
    01-24-14 10:38 PM
    Like I said, what version?? Because it doesn't crash when I open it...

Attachment 241503

Attachment 241504

Attachment 241505
    Oh SNAP!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:42 PM
    Oh SNAP!

Posted via CB10
    Keep reading.. that wasnt the same as what OP was referring to...
    01-24-14 10:44 PM
    Oh SNAP!

Posted via CB10
    That's not the correct app, it's an outdated version of it and it doesn't work anyway.
    01-24-14 10:45 PM
    Keep reading.. that wasnt the same as what OP was referring to...
    Haha Ya just got to page 3

Posted via CB10
    JR A likes this.
    01-24-14 10:46 PM
    There is no end to this garbage. I got the new Jawbone Era today and guess what, no app for it so I can't utilize all of its features with BB10. Guess what else, the Android port doesn't work and crashes upon opening. Headset works great but my gosh it's really frustrating and I don't see an end in site to this mess. End rant.
    You should have done research before purchasing it.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-24-14 11:08 PM
    You should have done research before purchasing it.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I think a lot of people have done that...but not buying Blackberry 10 devices
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    01-24-14 11:15 PM
    That's not the correct app, it's an outdated version of it and it doesn't work anyway.
    So it didn't work??
    01-25-14 12:00 AM
    Had a Jawbone, had great noise reduction but was not that loud and randomly rebooted during dialing. I now have a Plantronics legend, it is far better in nearly all aspects. People think I am at home talking on the phone when I am actually in my Jeep
    Have used Plantronics and they r great. Inexpensive too.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-25-14 12:35 AM
    The bluetooth stack in android is different than bb10. Very different, even dependent on the model android phone you're using. I can't even imagine the wizardry it would take to translate it into integrating with bb10. I hope it improves though because I consider bluetooth on bb10 to be nothing short of horrendous.
    sickyute likes this.
    01-25-14 01:36 AM
    10.2.1 anyone. :/
    01-25-14 02:41 AM
    There is no end to this garbage. I got the new Jawbone Era today and guess what, no app for it so I can't utilize all of its features with BB10. Guess what else, the Android port doesn't work and crashes upon opening. Headset works great but my gosh it's really frustrating and I don't see an end in site to this mess. End rant.
    Have you tried the Android application with the latest 10.2.1.1925 version of the OS and SNAP? I have yet to find something that bombs out with this combination.
    01-25-14 02:43 AM
    Have used Plantronics and they r great. Inexpensive too.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    I have as well I believe it's a great device and for the money you save better then Jaw Bone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:43 AM
    The bluetooth stack in android is different than bb10. Very different, even dependent on the model android phone you're using. I can't even imagine the wizardry it would take to translate it into integrating with bb10. I hope it improves though because I consider bluetooth on bb10 to be nothing short of horrendous.
    Odd. I find Bluetooth on my Z10 to be rather exceptional. I often send files, tether Android, Kindle, and Windows tablets to share internet connections, and connect to my Smart TV with no issues. It connects to my vehicle flawlessly. I occasionally use a Jawbone when driving and never had one issue. I guess everyone's experiences vary.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-25-14 02:46 AM
    Odd. I find Bluetooth on my Z10 to be rather exceptional. I often send files, tether Android, Kindle, and Windows tablets to share internet connections, and connect to my Smart TV with no issues. It connects to my vehicle flawlessly. I occasionally use a Jawbone when driving and never had one issue. I guess everyone's experiences vary.
    Just curious Katie, are you including a headset in your findings? If yes I'm wondering if it's the brand giving you a bad experience. Sound quality and connection with my Jawbone Prime is as great on my Z10 as it's always been with the 9930 and 9550 I used it with prior; my parents even prefer I use it versus using the handset when calling home. Jawbone and BlackBerry is an excellent combo in my experience, all the way back to the original Jawbone and my 8130 (also briefly with 9550). And connecting to other devices, I've tried all mine out, didn't run into any problems or otherwise aggravations. But unlike mkelley, I don't use Bluetooth for connecting to anything except my Jawbone so the chances that I would have issues are very low.
    01-25-14 04:19 AM
    This "no app" situation has been going on for almost a decade. if it makes you "madder" everyday, lighten up, some people might be a great grand madder by now.
    serbanescu and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-25-14 06:27 AM
    This "no app" situation has been going on for almost a decade. if it makes you "madder" everyday, lighten up, some people might be a great grand madder by now.
    I had a good laugh, thank you!

--------------------

Pic Tagger for BB10 and PlayBook
    01-25-14 07:04 AM
    What, BB's pitiful app selection and irrelevance or this thread? I guess both are.

But I thought the app gap was closed? What a laugh that is.
    Well I agree. developers seem to purposely leave Blackberry out of the loop, however, most developers start out almost exclusively on iPhone� My best friend has this entertainment system at his house that doesn't use remotes, you have to download the app on your phone and it controls every tv, satellite, and cable box� And the lights, and thermostat control� However, I can not download it because the developers have only released it on IOS�. so its not entirely blackberry's fault at this point in time.. All blackberry can do is try to sell more bb10 phones than legacy phones and hope that gets people on board�.lol
    01-25-14 07:47 AM
    Bluetooth: Android applications using Android Bluetooth APIs will now work on BlackBerry 10. Bluetooth Low Energy for Android is planned to be supported in a future OS release. As a reminder, Bluetooth LE is supported in the BlackBerry 10 Native/Cascades SDK.

Taken from BlackBerry development blog

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    01-25-14 07:54 AM
    Closing this cause OP (admittedly) just wanted to blow off steam and we have enough rants about apps.
    01-25-14 07:57 AM
75 123