Went to a local bell today,my better half soon upgrading a new blackberry from her 9790, as we were talking two reps asked us if we needed help,and said the Z30 would be a excellent choice, he flashed his new phone, a Z30, and as we were talking the other rep upgraded to a Z10, yes she has a iPhone and don't like it at all, in fact went on to say when she is tagged on Facebook her husband shows her the pictures on his Z10 before her app even opens on the iPhone. She went on to say the sales of blackberry have significantly increased as of lately. Have to say it is nice to go to a carrier and see them pushing BlackBerry and to be rocking the same devices,,oh and yes I flashed my Z30 of course as well

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu, Ecm, acovey and 10 others like this.
    03-10-14 04:20 PM
    Well this is a welcomed change from what people usually report!!!
    03-10-14 04:28 PM
    It's nice to hear that some carrier stores are giving BlackBerry devices an even break. Better yet to "see" the carrier store staff carrying BB 10 devices.

Thanks for sharing a positive experience!
    03-10-14 04:31 PM
    Yes it is a nice surprise, the best part being that a lot of people take the reps word when asking about a phone and when they say I use a blackberry, some people's perception being they work there and if it's what they use, well it must be good,,will still have quite a few die hard blackberry fans here in Newfoundland actually

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 04:34 PM
    I was on the Virgin Mobile site last week, went into my device details and right under where it said the cost for an early upgrade, it also said get $75 off any new BlackBerry.

I was kind of pleasantly surprised. I hope the rumor I read earlier about them getting the Z30 is true. I'd have to buy it outright though. I can't believe the difference in the price of plans from last year at this time until today.

The plan I pay $85 for is now $105.

We need some competition this side of the border that's actually willing to shake things up, monthly plans are completely ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 05:04 PM
    She went on to say the sales of blackberry have significantly increased as of lately.
    That is very good news. Chen is making good decisions, but it's all moot if their sales don't pick up.

This is very good to hear.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:05 PM
    It will pick up slowly but surely. The more people get these things in their hands and see how awesome they are, the more people will want them. It will take time though, just like it took time for Apple with the first iPhones. I didn't see one of those in the wild until about a year after I got mine -- and I never did like it much.

BB10 is just too good to fail, despite the long odds.
    03-11-14 10:17 PM
    She went on to say the sales of blackberry have significantly increased as of lately.
    That's good news to hear. If more people actually get to try out the phones in person then I believe that more people will be interested in BB10.
    03-11-14 10:40 PM
    Think that's good? With the price drop for the Q5, I went into a koodo store. They were happy to sell it only problem was they said I had to get it with a plan. So I skipped.

Sitting in my break room I just saw on the TV a koodo ad and guess which phone was front and Centre at the end. The Q5.

Virgin also was eager to sell it but only with a plan. I want the Virgin one because I'm with them and they have the red one.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 10:34 AM
    @ OP, where are you located?
    03-12-14 10:40 AM
    I've also been served well by Bell. They don't all carry BlackBerry phones at my local store but they've also never had anything bad to say about BlackBerry. Actually, when I first bought my Z10, they encouraged me to go back after awhile to see how I was liking it. I never did but their service was for the most part,pretty darn good. In my experience, they've been the best of the big 3 in Canada, in general terms.
    Happened to be in there a week ago and a university student working there had a Z10. Not too shabby! Not everyone follows the herd.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 06:05 PM
    My experience with Bell has generally been good. Their sales people are articulate and know what they are doing. I've had a similar experience with Telus. I generally think there is an linear relationship between the intellectual capacity of the sales person and their knowledge of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:14 PM
    Imagine that, just think how much better BlackBerry would be doing if it just a fair shake from carriers. That's the one thing that Jim Balsilie used to be the best at, getting the most from the carriers. TH was horrible, let's hope Mr. Chen picks up the pace.

Posted with the Glorious Z30
    03-12-14 07:19 PM
    Great news!!

Posted using my awesome Z10
    03-13-14 06:23 PM
    Even the Toronto raptors are advertising BlackBerry within their tweets or anything they do. It always contains "presented by BlackBerry", good to see.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 06:25 PM
    I take it this is a Greater Toronto Area store the OP is referring to. No surprise as BlackBerry still has a strong presence in the GTA.
    03-13-14 10:22 PM
    @ OP, where are you located?
    Very clearly stated in 4th post!

Newfoundland.

From my Z30 via CB10
    03-13-14 10:30 PM
    It's good to hear that BlackBerry still has shelf space at Canadian retailers (unlike stories we hear from down south) and more importantly getting some push from reps.
    03-13-14 10:34 PM
    Went to a local bell today,my better half soon upgrading a new blackberry from her 9790, as we were talking two reps asked us if we needed help,and said the Z30 would be a excellent choice, he flashed his new phone, a Z30, and as we were talking the other rep upgraded to a Z10, yes she has a iPhone and don't like it at all, in fact went on to say when she is tagged on Facebook her husband shows her the pictures on his Z10 before her app even opens on the iPhone. She went on to say the sales of blackberry have significantly increased as of lately. Have to say it is nice to go to a carrier and see them pushing BlackBerry and to be rocking the same devices,,oh and yes I flashed my Z30 of course as well

Posted via CB10
    What City are we talking about?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:34 PM
    I take it this is a Greater Toronto Area store the OP is referring to. No surprise as BlackBerry still has a strong presence in the GTA.
    No no no!

Toronto is where the Newfoundlanders used to go looking for work.

Now Newfoundland and Labrador are a "have" province so the Torontonians are moving to the Rock.

Read the 4th post.

From my Z30 via CB10
    03-13-14 10:35 PM
    That awesome!!! Love hearing stuff like this!

Posted via CB10 with my ? Z30
    03-13-14 10:35 PM