Not ONLY has NFL removed it, but if you look at the CNN link on the front page today ("Grading the night's (ugh) commercials") about half-way down the page the icon shows the GoDaddy kissing commercial pic, it takes you to the following site:

Super Bowl Commercials 2013: Grading the Best & Worst Ads | Bleacher Report

Well, looking through that site... NO BLACKBERRY COMMERCIAL at all!!!!! Not only that, but there is a mysterious page "50" which doesn't show up when you flip through the article (it stops at 49 out of 50).

CONSPIRACY CONSPIRACY! Americans retaliating? :-) Wow it only gets THICKER.... Would like to know what the heck happened here.
    02-04-13 08:30 AM
    Right.
    How come the commercial isn't on any best or worst list?

Super Bowl Commercials 2013: Grading the Best & Worst Ads | Bleacher Report - not even mentioned
    The Best and Worst Super Bowl Commercials of 2013 During Super Bowl XLVII - Forbes - not even mentioned

It is only important here. Deal with it.

Feared? No. Forgotten, maybe.
    Watched the Today show, CNBC and CNN and the ad didn't get a single mention. Perhaps it was out in front first due to it being "liked" by those driven to the NFL site by BB. That is fine, and the NFL shouldn't have messed with it if that is what happened and how it was set up, but as an advertising tool, I don't think it was particularly memorable or effective. Given its cost and the fact that there are no phones available in the US for a few weeks, I think the advertising money could have been better spent. Buzz per dollar ratio isn't impressive at all.
    02-04-13 08:30 AM
    I wonder if it was pulled because of complaints.

There is a condition that patients or advocacy groups may have found its depiction in the commercial to have been offensive. Specifically the shot of the man with the elephant legs.

Elephantitis (Elephantiasis) – Symptoms, Causes, Pictures, Treatment and Prevention

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    That would be insane. Maybe PITA should should ban the doritos goat commercial for cruelty to animals. In fact I bet every commercial had something in it that offends someone.

I hope that has nothing to do with it.
    02-04-13 08:41 AM
    My guess is retaliation. Let's face it: The thing won't even be available in the US for another month and a half, so could see some folks irked that a non-existent (to them) product commercial is ranked so highly by its fans.

Scenario: Folks in US see commercial and their interest is perked. They call the carriers, who then tell them March or April availability. They say, "WTF!" They make more calls, tweet, post in anger - ad mention pulled.
    02-04-13 08:46 AM
    Anatidaephobia - Google it, the mental health system has won this time. Let's just cut our losses and move along.

croman likes this.
    02-04-13 08:46 AM
    Watched the Today show, CNBC and CNN and the ad didn't get a single mention. Perhaps it was out in front first due to it being "liked" by those driven to the NFL site by BB. That is fine, and the NFL shouldn't have messed with it if that is what happened and how it was set up, but as an advertising tool, I don't think it was particularly memorable or effective. Given its cost and the fact that there are no phones available in the US for a few weeks, I think the advertising money could have been better spent. Buzz per dollar ratio isn't impressive at all.

Many here have been writing that the commercial price tag wasn't worth it. For comparison sake, does anyone know how much it cost for a regular TV commercial slot on a major network during prime-time?
    I have a feeling that $4 million really isn't that much, in today's economy, especially when it can target 100 million+ people all at once and specifically during one of the very very very rare times when people actually look forward to seeing commercials rather than FF/skipping over them.

Another thing - For months, leading up to the launch on the 30th, people were complaining that BlackBerry wasn't doing any major marketing prior to the release of BB10. Well now, as circumstances would have it, major marketing is being done before the release, re-creating some brand awareness, in the biggest market of all and everyone is still complaining. Some got there wish.
    02-04-13 08:47 AM
    Good lord, I really hope it's not because of complaints from the elephantitis advocacy group.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-13 08:48 AM
    i just posted my commenst of my disgust on the NFL site. you should do the same, if you feel that's wrong. yeah, express your disgust on twitter @NFL!

i wish someone took a snapshot of it. If i know they removed it, i would have taken a screenshot.

I am feeling like there is a wave of anti-Z10 reviews (cnet.com, gizmodo, the Verge) like the camera and the battery issues. After I did more research on the net, and especially here, i realized that the issues were way overblown. I want Blackberry to succeed to compete with Samsung & Apple. I am concerned that those negative, biased reviews did some damage to Z10. why there are no news posts on yahoo's Finance or Marketwatch that dispute those negative reviews and point to crackberry's posts that essential show those issues were way overblown?
    Because this is not the most unbiased site if you hadn't noticed. Of course you're going to find people on the biggest blackberry site on the net that say the issues being reported are really not that big. If you're considering getting one, your best bet would be to look at 5-10 of the biggest tech review sites, then make a decision based on that. You're just going to basically get cheer leading from this site (minus a few people that actually tell it like it really is).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-04-13 08:49 AM
    It's always something.....
    02-04-13 08:51 AM
    So, to be clear, some of you think America is "retaliating" against BBRY?

Via Super Bowl ad voting?
    northernrds likes this.
    02-04-13 08:51 AM
    If you check the different sites, they all have different numbers of commercials.

NFL.com has 55
    Adblitz only has 40
    Business Insider has 61
    Sports Illustrated has 60

Blackberry is on Business Insider and Sports Illustrated but not NFL.com or Adblitz.

So how can people vote if all the ads aren't there?
    02-04-13 08:53 AM
    Blackberry still has the "watch the game day ad" on their website. Like I said, always something....
    02-04-13 08:53 AM
    I think Crackberry should write an article about this fiasco. I'll do my part and write to Cp24, ctv, cbc, bnn, cnn (erin burnett is blackberry fan); reference the article to get the word spread. the world demands the truth. why was blackberry being buried?
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-04-13 09:02 AM
    02-04-13 09:06 AM
    Maybe NFL.com and AdBlitz charges the vendors (i.e. BB, Bud, etc) to remain in the list of ads after X amount of hours. Perhaps BB chose not to pay as they did not think it was worth it. I am not saying thats what it is but it makes more sense then some Elephant Legs Advocacy group lodging a complaint... (With all due respect, of course).
    02-04-13 09:12 AM
    good article really
    TomJasper likes this.
    02-04-13 09:28 AM
    That would be insane. Maybe PITA should should ban the doritos goat commercial for cruelty to animals. In fact I bet every commercial had something in it that offends someone.

I hope that has nothing to do with it.
    You know how advocacy groups get....

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-13 09:30 AM
    From the article:

But the controversy over the ad doesn't stop there. On the forums of Crackberry.com, a site devoted to BlackBerry users, some fans of the company are upset over what appears to be discrepancy regarding the commercial's popularity ranking on the official NFL website. On a special section of its site, the NFL allows fans to vote for their favorite Super Bowl commercials. Several fans have produced screenshots of the Blackberry ad being ranked as number one, but as of this writing, the BlackBerry ad doesn't appear anywhere on the most popular advertisements page (although, it can be found here).
    02-04-13 09:35 AM

Yes I do lol. I'm going to email PITA because I hate that guy was trying to hide doritos from that poor goat and starve it
    02-04-13 09:36 AM
    good article really
    Perfect, vindicated! Like I said NFL.com has some splain'in to do,lol.
    02-04-13 09:39 AM

There was somebody on twitter that said the BB ad was extremely offensive to them because they recently had somebody they knew die in a fire...
    02-04-13 09:42 AM
    Wife just got an email from Audi, asking her to vote up their commercial on AdBlitz. So it seems some companies really do care about the votes.
    02-04-13 09:44 AM
    THE COMERCIAL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Bowl Commercials from Feb. 3, 2013 - NFL.com

02-04-13 09:51 AM

Super Bowl Commercials from Feb. 3, 2013 - NFL.com

Amazing! I wonder if all of our tweeting @NFL actually worked?
    02-04-13 09:55 AM
    awesome, they can't hide evidence.

FYI, we have exceeded 1000+ votes in the businessinsider poll. great job everyone
    Vote For Your Favorite Super Bowl Ad - Business Insider
    02-04-13 09:56 AM
169 ... 23456 ...