Posted this over at the Sprint/Nextel forum as well...time will tell I guess...

EXCLUSIVE: The iDEN Curveball, Introducing the BlackBerry 8350 | BlackBerryNews.com
    07-01-08 03:35 PM
    Nextel is soooo 1999... it needs to die and go away.
    07-01-08 03:46 PM
    I didn't see anything but the bigger os. What else?
    07-01-08 04:02 PM
    I don't see this actually happening. That's a lot of investment for a network they're trying to death. Any confirmation within the sales channel?
    07-01-08 04:43 PM
    my nextel rep is giving me an eta of november this year on it. Dan Hesse promised this at CTIA
    07-01-08 04:47 PM
    I wish I was on Nextel so I could get that!!

O wait, let me see... all of the major carriers have had the Curve for a year (besides Sprint/Nextel). O, my bad!

Please tell me, what is so exciting about this...
    07-01-08 04:50 PM
    If this phone will in fact come out, I can see the people presently with Nextel getting excited about getting a Curve and dumping the 7100s they are presently using. Just my $0.02.
    07-01-08 04:55 PM
    I realize the appeal of this possiblility is to a shrinking minority who are still with Nextel, but for some, like me, who are tied to Sprint/Nextel professionally, it is rather exciting. Honestly, the possibility of a new blackberry for Nextel is what is keeping me from leaving them at work...
    07-01-08 05:30 PM
    DUMP NEXTEL!! Sorry, had to say it. I can't stand the walky talky beep-beep. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 05:35 PM
    Though I am on the "Sprint side" of the company, I am relieved/joyous for the faithful few that are still Nextel subscribers. They haven't had a true iDEN BB in I don't know how long. This phone may go a long way in retaining/winning back some of the ones who left or were considering doing so due to feeling "neglected" on the handset issue.
    07-01-08 06:24 PM
    There are a lot of carriers that offer push to talk now (of course only on select phones) but its still out. I'm surprised they haven't gone out of business yet. Nothing against them of course.
    Good for Nextel tho for getting a cool phone finally.

07-01-08 07:58 PM
    Push to Talk was the first thing I got rid of when I installed the new OS on my 8310 (AT&T). I can't believe they actually still offer it. I know of absolutely nobody that uses it. Maybe the Gordon Gekkos of the world still use it.

It probably has its place in the world, but I agree with baseballkyle, it is so 1999.
    07-01-08 08:23 PM
    iDen still exists? Lol.
    07-02-08 01:00 AM
    not to mention on the 8350 that ugly nubbin!!!! blek!! yuky!!!
    07-02-08 01:05 AM
    Why would Sprint not want the 8350 Curve on its CDMA network.??? Makes no sense to put a new BB on that IDEN network. Who wants a BB that cant roam and has crappy cell reception.??
    07-02-08 04:06 AM
    well as far as reception it really depends on where you are...like in michigan the majority of factories and construction companies use nextel...which is why it has the most coverage out of any state..i get people every day that want to switch from verizon..alltel..and at&t to nextel because the reception is better.
    07-02-08 11:16 AM
    well as far as reception it really depends on where you are...like in michigan the majority of factories and construction companies use nextel...which is why it has the most coverage out of any state..i get people every day that want to switch from verizon..alltel..and at&t to nextel because the reception is better.
    Most corporations provide their own nextel infrastructure for their company... and no matter where I lived, I would never, ever get Nextel!! It would make me feel like I am always at work!! *BEEP BEEP* "God damnit! I hate this beeping...!!" As you throw the 8350 on the concrete ground irately!

I will gladly take my WiFi enabled 8320!!

not to mention on the 8350 that ugly nubbin!!!! blek!! yuky!!!
    The photo shown is only a mock-up... so that little nub antenna may not actually be real According to Kevin's caption, rumors say there is no external antenna (the first Nextel without one... OMG... revolutionary!! )
    07-02-08 11:28 AM
    Yo nextel is so late on **** I had the blackberry 7100i 2 years ago and they aint get a new blackberry so I had to cop a ppc, and now they finally got something new.

07-02-08 08:54 PM
    ya know i waited patiently for bb to come out w/a new nextel bb and finally said screw it....so i went to the sprint side of the company and am never looking back.

it was nice and i admit the majority of of the members of my fire dept have nextel, but it was getting old carrying around that darn brick of a 7100i....
    07-03-08 02:34 AM
    A new iden blackberry for nextel would be nice, it has been a couple of years.
    Even though the curve has been out for awhile, they need to share the wealth. The only reason I even care about an iden blackberry is because, it's the only way to keep Nextel. I never use that push to talk button, it was nice when it was in style, but there are some who abuse it. They need to just drop the push to talk, and let us have the new blackberry too..
    07-12-08 08:10 PM
    People remember that Nedxtel has the fastest PTT network around and no other service can compare.

However I think they may not want to kill that part of the company especially with all teh advertising they still do.
    08-08-08 01:48 PM
    Like has been said, reception is based on location. Lots of companies still use the PTT of Nextel, because that's what Nextel was built for and around. So let the people on Nextel have their Curve.

Also, did anyone else read that this was a mockup? There probably won't be the "nubby thing" as one poster referred to it.
    08-08-08 10:40 PM
    I used to love my Nextel when I had one. It was easier getting a hold of everyone um back in 1999, but now it is all about BBM. Yeah!!!
    08-08-08 11:35 PM
    Call me crazy, or stupid, which this idea probably is. But i read there's some "new technology" in it. Could it be that there's an iDEN and a CDMA radio in it, kind of like a world edition phone??
    08-09-08 11:42 AM
    It's probably more along the lines of Sprint's powersource phones. I'm not sure how those work.
    08-09-08 11:49 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD