anyone hear when the 9570 will be out? leaks?
    09-27-10 11:13 AM
    There is no good leaked info. on this. Some rumors have it pegged for an October/November release. I have also heard rumors that it is being scrapped and RIM will just release a better QNX based os storm 3 (like the os on the new Playbook tablet) sometime in the spring. I personally think it will be out by late October to early November. Perhaps RIM will release some info. this week at DevCon about the 9570 and the new Style.
    09-28-10 01:05 PM
    Not sure but 9570 will be out around this October .This may technically be the 3rd in line of the Storm series. Its a guess that it would be having 512mb RAM, a 5MP camera, OS 6 and many more.Thanks.

================
    Mobile Phone Deals Uk
    Last edited by calvinjones0101; 10-15-10 at 02:11 PM.
    10-15-10 02:09 PM
    Uhhhh what rumor snuff have you guys been sniffing? The current wisdom out there is the 9570 was 100% scrapped. The reasoning was it was either not much of a change from the Storm2 or it was too close to the upcoming Storm3 (without SurePress).

All rumors I have heard recently confirm the Storm 9570 is GONE. Now there is one very dubious rumor (so dubious that CrackBerry and Boy Genius Report did not even post it... Rimarkable did though) saying that the Storm3 is coming late November. If this rumor is true then it makes alot of sense why the Storm2 refresh or 9570 was thrown out. However, thus far I doubt this rumor to be true.

If it was, my annual upgrade, of Oct 28th would be postponed to late November and I would be getting the Storm3. But until I hear more credible info I am going for the Droid X October 28th. No touch screen on Verizon this year with OS 6.0 is such an incredible mess up RIM! I want no part of it!

But I am not changing my plans unless the rumor mill is a little more credible. As of right now there is no evidence of really anything RIM, BlackBerry, Verizon, Storm / OS 6 coming out this year. Just deal with it and move on... Sad to say but I think I am right on this... Would be happy if I was wrong. But we are getting really close to "late November" for us not to know everything about the mythical device. Face it the PlayBook threw off any new Storm this year. They threw too many resources at it.

Any rumor saying we will see a QNX based SmartPhone, before the PlayBook, gets out there, are sniffing some pretty strong stuff. It's just not happening folks! Also expect the PlayBook "early spring" to creep to July... This is how software works. I know, I am in the business. It's too hard to peg "when it's done"... They took a dart board threw a stick at it and went with it. There really is no good way of knowing when the PlayBook OS will be done. Sometime in 2011 is probable though with what I saw in real demos.
    10-15-10 09:51 PM
    Uhhhh what rumor snuff have you guys been sniffing? The current wisdom out there is the 9570 was 100% scrapped. The reasoning was it was either not much of a change from the Storm2 or it was too close to the upcoming Storm3 (without SurePress).

All rumors I have heard recently confirm the Storm 9570 is GONE. Now there is one very dubious rumor (so dubious that CrackBerry and Boy Genius Report did not even post it... Rimarkable did though) saying that the Storm3 is coming late November. If this rumor is true then it makes alot of sense why the Storm2 refresh or 9570 was thrown out. However, thus far I doubt this rumor to be true.

If it was, my annual upgrade, of Oct 28th would be postponed to late November and I would be getting the Storm3. But until I hear more credible info I am going for the Droid X October 28th. No touch screen on Verizon this year with OS 6.0 is such an incredible mess up RIM! I want no part of it!

But I am not changing my plans unless the rumor mill is a little more credible. As of right now there is no evidence of really anything RIM, BlackBerry, Verizon, Storm / OS 6 coming out this year. Just deal with it and move on... Sad to say but I think I am right on this... Would be happy if I was wrong. But we are getting really close to "late November" for us not to know everything about the mythical device. Face it the PlayBook threw off any new Storm this year. They threw too many resources at it.

Any rumor saying we will see a QNX based SmartPhone, before the PlayBook, gets out there, are sniffing some pretty strong stuff. It's just not happening folks! Also expect the PlayBook "early spring" to creep to July... This is how software works. I know, I am in the business. It's too hard to peg "when it's done"... They took a dart board threw a stick at it and went with it. There really is no good way of knowing when the PlayBook OS will be done. Sometime in 2011 is probable though with what I saw in real demos.
    I agree that RIM and Verizon totally dropped the ball with touchscreen devices. There is a large % of people that don't want a slide out keyboard. The vast majority of touch screen users want a touch screen device (see the iPhone, DroidX, HTC Incredible, HTC EVO4G as proof). The fact that RIM has no such device being offered during the 4th quarter of 2010 shows how bad they have screwed the pooch on this one.

If they fail to introduce something in January...they are done. The future is touch screen. If they haven't realized that by now there is no hope.
    10-16-10 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD