Yes I have an HTC one after many BB models over the past years. However HTC are teetering on the brink of disaster and like BB where will it be in say 18 months time?
    In the long run the mobile market will be dominated by Apple (in some form) and Samsung. All other companies will be taken over or fade away like BB will as we know it today!!
    Prove me wrong and no sentimental rubbish posted.
    09-22-13 06:19 AM
    I think HTC will be fine they have sold a lot of HTC One devices and are steadily making a recovery.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-22-13 06:50 AM
    I would seriously say Z30. And the reason I say this is because we all know it has been announced that BB wants to get away from the consumer market and focus on the business user, but don't forget who is on the other side of the business side? the CONSUMER. I am sure the software is going to continue to be supported for some time. Everything is just not going to disappear all at once, if anything drastic is to happen. BB10 is a great platform and I am sure will continue to get better. I know a lot do not want to hear this, but I am a firm believer that 10.2 is going to really open a lot of peoples eyes to this.
    09-22-13 01:22 PM
    They added experience, full syncing between devices and services like email calendar files photos, ability to connect devices to your phone such as game pads,keyboards, flash drives , ability to mirror your phone to other devices and monitors wirelessly, an entire eco system of APPS that reshape your mobile experience.

But in your mind, they just added a mp3 player Lmao wow the ignorance of some people, this is why I said next please, your unable to participate in this discussion if your knowledge is limited to..
    "Just added a media player"

So thatsss why blackberry only has >2% market share, they missed out on media players, it all makes sense now lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm not even going to address your comments, since I'm clearly dealing with a poster child for ignorance.
    09-26-13 02:24 AM
    Nope. This is where they made their fortune, and presence, and this is where they should go.
    Dude....you never change! :-) Talk about reading comprehension failure!

I'll always remember that thread where you made that seemingly (can't remember if you admitted to being drunk) drug-addled weird rant, and then when I TRIED to make the best of it (one of the only people to give you support), you raged on me! LOL

But seriously, hopefully nobody will listen when you keep repeatedly saying things like 'You can buy another BlackBerry with the confidence that it will continue to be around." It's really, really wrong to tell people that. If you can't even acknowledge some uncertainty, you're being purposefully misleading, and that says something about your character man.

OP, nobody can tell you for sure what's best for you, let's be non-committal and at least admit that BB DOES face a very uncertain future. They MIGHT not be around, so you should take that into account. You still may wish to buy a BB phone - just be aware of that situation!

Beyond that, who knows. I'm looking at phones right now myself.....I don't even know for myself. I think I may go for an iphone 5 or HTC one. In truth, for android, I like the s4's removable battery and memory expansion.....but I hate the plastic feel, and the bigger the.....worser....for me. Love the screen estate when browsing, do not like it in life, especially when running, hiking, or anything else like that.
    09-26-13 02:41 AM
    Agree. Whatever it is, just don't buy another BlackBerry. Epic failure. For those who bought recently, we are stuck for a year or two. Why get yourself stuck with an uncertain platform that is plague with bugs, faulty updates etc when you could get a great android or iphone?

Security? My goodness, who are we? Are we secret agents who need huge security?

The marginal security is not worth the epic disappointment that BlackBerry is guaranteed to deliver.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:53 AM
    Thanks for all of your comments. My kids want iphones, my wife loved her qwerty keyboard and I was very concerned about BlackBerry's future, so I went and bought an iPhone 5 for my wife and all I can say is, thank god that is not my phone, it is too light, too narrow, the keyboard is appalling and the screen is too small for my liking. I am aware we all have different views but I can't understand how my z10 is getting slated, I would take the z10 over a iphone any day, the Samsung s4 does look good, but for me, I think BlackBerry have done a great job on the z10 but the press and carriers have made it impossible for this phone to succeed. I am still very uncertain about the future of BlackBerry but I am not changing my BlackBerry phone for anything else. The rest of my family can change but I am very happy with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    09-26-13 04:56 PM
    Dude....you never change! :-) Talk about reading comprehension failure!

I'll always remember that thread where you made that seemingly (can't remember if you admitted to being drunk) drug-addled weird rant, and then when I TRIED to make the best of it (one of the only people to give you support), you raged on me! LOL

But seriously, hopefully nobody will listen when you keep repeatedly saying things like 'You can buy another BlackBerry with the confidence that it will continue to be around." It's really, really wrong to tell people that. If you can't even acknowledge some uncertainty, you're being purposefully misleading, and that says something about your character man.

OP, nobody can tell you for sure what's best for you, let's be non-committal and at least admit that BB DOES face a very uncertain future. They MIGHT not be around, so you should take that into account. You still may wish to buy a BB phone - just be aware of that situation!

Beyond that, who knows. I'm looking at phones right now myself.....I don't even know for myself. I think I may go for an iphone 5 or HTC one. In truth, for android, I like the s4's removable battery and memory expansion.....but I hate the plastic feel, and the bigger the.....worser....for me. Love the screen estate when browsing, do not like it in life, especially when running, hiking, or anything else like that.
    Dude, you can't even respect someone else's opinion...grow up! Who are you to question my character??? Seriously?? I believe BlackBerry handsets will be around a while, and I will recommend them to whomever asks my opinion.

You seriously need to back off on the condescension, and respect other people's opinions.

It's know-it-alls like you that need a reality check. Stop treating people that have a different opinion like they're beneath you.

Granted, this is the internet, but give your head a shake.

Peace out.
    09-26-13 07:27 PM
    Thanks for all of your comments. My kids want iphones, my wife loved her qwerty keyboard and I was very concerned about BlackBerry's future, so I went and bought an iPhone 5 for my wife and all I can say is, thank god that is not my phone, it is too light, too narrow, the keyboard is appalling and the screen is too small for my liking. I am aware we all have different views but I can't understand how my z10 is getting slated, I would take the z10 over a iphone any day, the Samsung s4 does look good, but for me, I think BlackBerry have done a great job on the z10 but the press and carriers have made it impossible for this phone to succeed. I am still very uncertain about the future of BlackBerry but I am not changing my BlackBerry phone for anything else. The rest of my family can change but I am very happy with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    That is the best choice. Choose what is right for you and let the family get what is best for them. Fair warning. My wife had a torch and when her upgrade came she was torn between the z10 and a s3. She picked the s3. At the time my upgrade was already due but I was waiting for the q10 to hit. We hit the store for her upgrade, while walking I played with the z. I loved it. So upgraded to the z.

So now few months down the road. I get many glares cause she likes my phone more than hers. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 05:47 AM
    We have 4 bb's in our house and two contracts are coming up for renewal, I am not too confident about the future of BlackBerry unless someone can tell me otherwise, so what should I do, stick with BlackBerry or look at an alternative?

Posted via CB10
    Just get a BlackBerry10 phone it's reasons like this the company seems to be falling because things are bad everyone leaves if ppl stay then things will turn around

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:45 AM
35 12