The new 10.3.1 OS (the leaked one without the flickering) has officially given me everything I want in terms of aesthetics, camera functions, voice assistants, options and endless settings. I think the next update should be focused on updates to all the core phone apps, many of which haven't been udpated since basically the release of BB10.

I'm talking about:
    - Contacts. It's been a mess since day 1 and has only marginally improved.
    - Docs To Go. Come on, it's time to be able to add a column to a spreadsheet.
    - Calendar. Many improvements needed.
    - Maps. Could definitely use some UI upgrades and some speeding up. If they could somehow add some old BB Traffic features that'd be amazing.
    - BBM. This isn't entirely OS related but they should divert some money and manpower to the BBM team and get BBM cross platform video out; it's the ONLY thing that can save BBM.

A lot of these things were what once made BB phones great but I feel they've been neglected. What do you think, is it time to focus on them a bit?
    FairlightRacing and moosbb like this.
    03-03-15 01:01 PM
    No it should focus on not having the issues some are facing now with black screens and the other issues some people are having. Then worry about the apps. And if those core apps need that much work how are they going to their suite in order for other platforms?
    03-03-15 01:17 PM
    No it should focus on not having the issues some are facing now with black screens and the other issues some people are having. Then worry about the apps. And if those core apps need that much work how are they going to their suite in order for other platforms?
    Yeah bug fixes I took for granted for any OS update. I'm talking about what new features they should work on.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 01:22 PM
    I think they an update to the last and soon. Not a year from now. I don't have most of those issues but I haven't let my battery die yet either.
    03-03-15 02:54 PM
    Maps already has at least most of the features from Traffic. Is there something specific you're missing?

(granted, performance could be better)
    03-03-15 03:05 PM
    I agree with the OP, the apps created by BlackBerry need some work. I would mainly say Docs to Go and Contacts. The others would be nice to, but these two apps have the biggest issues. For a company that focuses on business, it's pretty sad.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-03-15 05:15 PM
    Not to justify grave mistakes, errors and omissions, but BlackBerry with their limited resources have to balance moving forward by making new features available (that sell!) and fixing and improving already existing stuff...

Just saying. They're not Apple and can't just throw a billion dollar at a problem... :-)

  "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)  
    03-03-15 05:33 PM
    Maps already has at least most of the features from Traffic. Is there something specific you're missing?

(granted, performance could be better)
    How about a navigation view without having to input a destination first.

Sort of like the way Google Maps 6.14 did it but stopped with every update since...

For example, below is Google Maps 6.14 where I put it in navigation mode and just start driving. The view automatically tilts like any other navigation program and I didn't have to input anything first. And the text makes itself readable and enlarges the closer you get to a cross street...

Next OS update should focus on core apps-img_20150127_075308.png

Newer versions of Google Maps can't seem to do this anymore. And BlackBerry Maps can't unless you plug in a destination first.

I pretty much know my city. Sometimes I just want to see the tilted view even if I'm just making my daily drive home.

This is what I want from Maps. Then I can dump this old Google Maps version.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 06:11 PM
    BlackBerry needs to figure out how to develop and debug their software, and the focus of the next update should be to clean up the bugs, big and small, that somehow made it through to the 10.3.1 release. The resources (skilled manpower and financial) is something they need to figure out, but pushing broken software (beyond simply annoyingly buggy) is not acceptable.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 06:12 PM
    Just saying. They're not Apple and can't just throw a billion dollar at a problem... :-)
    Nope they just sit on $3 Billion. Sad that BlackBerry spends so much on R&D, more then Apple spent the years they developed the iPhone, iPad and had a PC division too, and they can't get near the production for their dollar. Apple now spends way more, but they can afford to due to execution and wise spending of R&D before. I say spend Prem's money and when they run out ask him for more. He's in too deep now to bail. If they can't get a high end all touch out the door then I could care less of they go under.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:17 PM