Even with the small sales numbers that all the recent BlackBerry's sold for, BlackBerry never considered any of them a flop.

Customers did. This will be a flop as well. If TCL loses money, why would they continue to release units only fanboys want?

I'm not sure how many people have this type of available income to keep purchasing devices, because a new one has popped up.
    02-03-17 12:00 PM
    Let's have negativity about the new BlackBerry before it's introduced to the world!

Hooray for negative energy

 Passport SE with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2474 (OS version 10.3.2.2639) on AT&T
    02-03-17 12:09 PM
    I believe Merc will be a success and not a flop, based on what someone feels is a success and what is a flop of course. I think TCL has an idea of what they want to sell with Merc and will do the behind the scenes work to make sure they hit their marks.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:17 PM
    Did they have to name it after a Car Division that was killed in Canada over a decade ago.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-04-17 12:28 AM
    I'm sure TCL has realistic expectations about the Mercury that is probably based off sales data they got from BlackBerry on the Classic/Passport/Priv. They aren't expecting this phone to sell millions of units a quarter.
    02-04-17 01:06 AM
    There are not high hopes regarding the super success of the mercury, the only thing is the pkb would be a done deal for tcl as they don't design pkb devices. Or with the mild success like classic,passport there's a chance we'd see priv's successor next or a device like passport.

Time's gone for bold n classic type devices,though they're best but people want big phones with big screens. Priv or passport's successor makes more sense.

“Ikk gypsy rakhhi kaali,sootay di hobby paali”.
    02-04-17 09:10 AM
    There are not high hopes regarding the super success of the mercury, the only thing is the pkb would be a done deal for tcl as they don't design pkb devices. Or with the mild success like classic,passport there's a chance we'd see priv's successor next or a device like passport.

Time's gone for bold n classic type devices,though they're best but people want big phones with big screens. Priv or passport's successor makes more sense.

“Ikk gypsy rakhhi kaali,sootay di hobby paali”.
    BlackBerry will never be a consumer success because Joe Public cannot appreciate the added security they provide has value. BlackBerry Android was never intended to be a consumer success anyway... it was aimed squarely at corporations and governments as a desperate pitch to their last bastion of loyal customers. They should have offered free upgrades to BlackBerry Android for these customers rather than support BB10, and perhaps charge a subscription fee (ie for the security patches). All they have done is cannibalized themselves by keeping BB10 'alive'. BlackBerry will never be a consumer phone. It never was one. It's about time people realized this and moved on. If you still like BlackBerry and appreciate what they have done with Android and the BlackBerry suite of apps...as I do too btw...then great. Certainly the pkb still has some fans out there but there is no imminent revolution coming about that is going to suddenly cause the consumer mass market to want one again.
    Last edited by kputock; 02-04-17 at 09:50 AM.
    02-04-17 09:17 AM
    Many lists out there for highly anticipated 2017 smartphones. The Mercury is no where to be seen.
    02-04-17 11:02 AM
    Many lists out there for highly anticipated 2017 smartphones. The Mercury is no where to be seen.
    It's getting a ton of press though.
    02-04-17 11:20 AM
    It's getting a ton of press though.
    I see this is where all the experts hang out. Those same experts who have been right so many times before lol.
    Last edited by ray689; 02-04-17 at 08:26 PM.
    02-04-17 11:22 AM
    "Next move if Mercury is a flop?"

Blackberry 10. What?
    02-04-17 08:12 PM
    Hype?

If you clear you web cache... you find that BlackBerry really isn't a lead news story. It's just that if you are interested in BlackBerry to begin with, the web or your news app will feed you more stories on that topic. Right now I see less "hype" about the Mercury than I did about the PRIV.
    Thank you for the feedback. You are absolutely correct.
    02-05-17 03:02 AM
    Hype?

If you clear your web cache... you find that BlackBerry really isn't a lead news story. It's just that if you are interested in BlackBerry to begin with, the web or your news app will feed you more stories on that topic. Right now I see less "hype" about the Mercury than I did about the PRIV.
    This is true. Priv generated much more hype. 100x times more. Priv was the first BlackBerry Android device. The one that should've turned the company's fortunes. It was BlackBerry converting religions. I was even wondering why Kevin is coming back for the mercury but didn't do so for the Priv. Maybe he doesn't like sliders that much xD.
    02-05-17 03:17 AM

This is true. Priv generated much more hype. 100x times more. Priv was the first BlackBerry Android device. The one that should've turned the company's fortunes. It was BlackBerry converting religions. I was even wondering why Kevin is coming back for the mercury but didn't do so for the Priv. Maybe he doesn't like sliders that much xD.
    Because it is the 10 year anniversary, not because of the Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 08:53 AM
    Because it is the 10 year anniversary, not because of the Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    Ohhh yeah. I actually read that like 100 times but still didn't register it xD.
    02-05-17 10:14 AM
65 123