With a slew of BlackBerry devices slated to be released this year, it makes me wonder which would be the next definitive Flagship model. What are your opinions, CB forums?
    04-17-11 10:53 PM
    Idk, the bold touch. Think it will outsell the storm 3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 11:03 PM
    My guess is the Bold Touch or maybe Torch 2.
    04-17-11 11:04 PM
    I think the BOLD TOUCH. A lot of BLACKBERRY consumers liked the format of the 9000, but not the lack of technology. Now that the bold touch will have the technology and size I think it will sell very well. LOVE those keypads
    04-17-11 11:14 PM
    Interesting. Is carrier pricing indicative of which model will be the flagship? As of now Torch is priced higher than the 9780...
    04-17-11 11:52 PM
    price doesnt matter since carriers decide that. the torch has sold super cheap also.

i think the bold touch will be top dog though
    04-17-11 11:56 PM
    Interesting. Is carrier pricing indicative of which model will be the flagship? As of now Torch is priced higher than the 9780...
    I think that's only because the Torch is newer. I agree that Bold Touch will be the flagship phone, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out at $249 with a 2-year commitment.
    04-18-11 12:00 AM
    I think that's only because the Torch is newer. I agree that Bold Touch will be the flagship phone, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out at $249 with a 2-year commitment.
    I'd gladly pay 249 w a contract if the bold touch is good. I can't see them pricing it as high as a thunderbolt with contract though.

04-18-11 12:47 AM
    Luv my 9000 ,and waiting for the 9000 touch sounds great !

04-18-11 04:46 AM
    I'd gladly pay 249 w a contract if the bold touch is good. I can't see them pricing it as high as a thunderbolt with contract though.

I am hoping for $199. With my $30 NE2 (last one....how sad) and ~$129 tradeup value from RIM, that would be awesome.

But at $249, I might wait until the price comes down some. But honestly, didn't the iPhone on VZW coem out at $199?? I think VZW will target that same pricing.....
    04-18-11 08:58 AM
    My vote is for the Bold Touch.

On another note. I hope RIM has a surprise up their sleave and the Bold Touch will be released on Verizon with an LTE radio. After seeing Kevin Bridge the PB with the 9780 I am convinced my next BB has to be a 4g model.
    04-18-11 10:24 AM
    I am hoping for $199. With my $30 NE2 (last one....how sad) and ~$129 tradeup value from RIM, that would be awesome.

But at $249, I might wait until the price comes down some. But honestly, didn't the iPhone on VZW coem out at $199?? I think VZW will target that same pricing.....
    I'm trying to think back to when I traded my Curve for the Bold. I was 1 year into the 2-year commitment and the Bold was listing for $299 with a $100 rebate. Then I got another $75 back for trading in the Curve. I'd like to see the Bold Touch at the same point; but this, the Torch 2 and the Touch I think will be considered premium devices, so who knows for sure where they'll be priced at.

04-18-11 10:24 AM
    this is a great thread. the conflicts of conflicts for many.like myself, i too am going to have a hard time deciding between the bold touch and torch 2. the screen real estate of the torch 2 is very appealing but i have always been used to the bold keyboard so the bold touch is nice as well. i will play with them at the store but its going to be such a hard pick. i am definitely not getting both. as for the flagship name, it could go either way but i think the title will go to the bold touch because its going to be on many carriers and not just one. you just can't beat the quality of the bold devices.but this year, i see the new curve devices also being a contributor.
    04-18-11 08:12 PM
    I have my eye on the bold touch also but I plan to wait & follow threads for it for a while, If I see one mention of the freakin hour glass ill try something else. This Hour glass on my 9650 is getting old, yes ive done everything, wipe, install leaks, officials, everything & love the phone most of the time but these newer models I hope dont do that & also hope they do something about memory leaks
    04-18-11 10:50 PM
    I am gonna say Bold Touch as well, but honestly they all look stellar IMO.

04-19-11 02:05 AM
    easily BT!
    04-19-11 07:46 PM
    Based on form factor alone I think the Bold line has been one of the best for a long time. I never used to think form factor mattered, until I switched around a couple of phones and used them personally for an extended period of time. Things are going to get interesting at BBW!
    04-19-11 09:29 PM
    I think the bold torch will be the Flag ship. BB knows what the bold did for its business and reputation. People love the bold and its keyboard. The Storm 3 is aimed at more a specific demographic and I think people will finally get what the storm should have been. And the torch 2 (my fav) is just a decent upgrade.
    04-20-11 07:01 AM
    Since everything you see from RIM itself has the torch in it, my thinking is the torch 2 will be their flagship device. The bold series will satisfy those that want a slab phone(its what started the whole BB craze), and making it a touch device brings it "up to date" with today's devices. I don't think RIM will tout it as there "flagship" device anymore.
    04-20-11 07:40 AM
    Another vote for the Bold Touch.The Bold 9000 has really been the yardstick other high-end BB are compared against and I think the 99xx Series will measure up.The Torch,"Storm 3",and Style will be offered as high-end "niche" BBs for BB users that perfer different designs.RIM will offer something for everyone.

04-20-11 09:20 AM
    Definitely thinking the Bold Touch will be the "flagship" but they all look pretty sick. I'm going to hold onto my 8330 until a solid lte phone is released I think. If the BT happens to also be an lte device and the reviews are positive ill definitely be springing for one.

04-21-11 03:29 AM
    I *think* US Cellular is going to carry the Touch, so that will be my "flagship" model by default.
    04-21-11 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD