So, just have to blurt this out.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if the next BlackBerry super phone is really good.

And, 10.3 runs like a champ with an excellent camera, android functionality, etc

And, it is made of premium materials and of convincing design

BlackBerry should ramp up the marketing engine with a message like "it's time to come back to BlackBerry. Play time is over."

And point out how the NEW BlackBerry kicks iPhone a$$ and go head to head on features, functionality and ease of use.

The original smartphone, back to reinvent the space once more.

I can only hope...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 05:04 PM
    Shouldn't blackberry be going after Android, In the markets that Blackberry has left, Android and even Windows Phone might be bigger threats.
    05-01-14 05:11 PM
    Shouldn't blackberry be going after Android, In the markets that Blackberry has left, Android and even Windows Phone might be bigger threats.
    They should go after them all!

Imagine a TV ad with a Z50, iPhone 5S / 6, Galaxy S5, and a Lumia all side by side, performing equivalent tasks. Obviously the tasks would be carefully selected so the BB would be the champ...
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-01-14 05:33 PM
    Yes that would be a great campaign.

Let me know when BlackBerry has the software, hardware and ecosystems to do it.

Posted via CB10
    bblasl, tomsobon and Doggerz like this.
    05-01-14 05:35 PM
    "Play Time is Over" may appeal to spec hunters, however, the majority of the market is probably looking to do more with their smartphones than work. Also, it had better not cost more with a subsidy than an iPhone or Galaxy.
    JesseBabe23 and Bbnivende like this.
    05-01-14 05:35 PM
    "Play time is over" sounds a little too uncomfortably close to "Amateur hour is over." Let's not go there.

BlackBerry's marketing challenge is to get people to step back from what they think they already know about BlackBerry--and that includes people who never even used one, but just heard things others have said. Doing this is harder than just introducing a new, unknown product. "Play time is over" sends an arrogant message, and that's not what they need.

I've had the idea that the theme of the next marketing campaign should be "Rediscover BlackBerry," to convey the idea that people should take "another" look--even people who never really took a proper first look.

I'm no advertising wizard, but I think they really need to work hard to get the right message out there, and the right message isn't "We can blow the doors off all other smartphones," because that simply isn't true, and nobody will fall for it. The message has to be more understated and maybe even have a touch of irony, like the old Avis car rental ads, "We're not number 1, so we try harder."

BlackBerry needs to express "We're better than you think," but in a less flatfooted way.
    05-02-14 11:23 AM
    "IT'S PLAYTIME"
    will sound better
    or just "PLAYTIME". Blackberry already has obsession with using capital letters.

They should go after them all!

Imagine a TV ad with a Z50, iPhone 5S / 6, Galaxy S5, and a Lumia all side by side, performing equivalent tasks. Obviously the tasks would be carefully selected so the BB would be the champ...
    this idea is genius. reminds me of JC's videos
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-02-14 11:37 AM
    Please. No playtime, no tools not toys, no any of that crap! Did that even work with enterprise?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-02-14 11:41 AM
    Please. No playtime, no tools not toys, no any of that crap! Did that even work with enterprise?
    Instead of making it more business oriented, it should me more oriented towards casual users. Not everyone is businessman you know. people go to their phones, when work is done. not the other way round, like what you think
    05-02-14 11:55 AM
    Instead of making it more business oriented, it should me more oriented towards casual users. Not everyone is businessman you know. people go to their phones, when work is done. not the other way round, like what you think
    I agree. Those ads did nothing for consumers but did enterprise find them a reason to buy bb? I doubt it.
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-02-14 12:00 PM
    Maybe the should tone down on the work talk. I would prefer they have a marketing strategy based on the saying 'All work and no play makes jack a dull boy'. They can have ads starting with that saying and then show features of the phone covering the work and play side. One example can be Video chat over BBM being used for sharing work and later the same night the same person sharing about their night out and ending the next morning. At the end of the ad it should say 'all with one charge'
    05-02-14 12:54 PM
    Maybe the should tone down on the work talk. I would prefer they have a marketing strategy based on the saying 'All work and no play makes jack a dull boy'. They can have ads starting with that saying and then show features of the phone covering the work and play side. One example can be Video chat over BBM being used for sharing work and later the same night the same person sharing about their night out and ending the next morning. At the end of the ad it should say 'all with one charge'
    All in 30 seconds or less?
    05-02-14 12:57 PM
    Yeah. Why not? That's what the 'marketing pros' are for. They can figure that out.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 01:12 PM
    Yeah. Why not? That's what the 'marketing pros' are for. They can figure that out.

Posted via CB10
    Cause a lot here think you can stuff a half hour video into a 30 second or less commercial.
    05-02-14 01:30 PM
    "Work hard, Play Hard".
    05-02-14 01:40 PM
    Can be even be done in 15 or less seconds.
    05-02-14 03:13 PM
    Cause a lot here think you can stuff a half hour video into a 30 second or less commercial.
    Picture this, board room or office, lady or guy, demonstrating something to workmate via BBM video. This can be 5 seconds or less. Next scene, in a club or party, lots of people, noise( some will say music), same guy or lady yelling to their friend some on the other side of the world and showing them live video of the fun they are having. This can be 5 seconds also and lastly the same guy/lady waking up in their bed and picks up their Z30 showing the battery indicator this can be less than 5 seconds. Black screen, logo and BlackBerry name appears and under it, it says 'all on one charge'
    Elite1 and MaxR_A like this.
    05-02-14 03:32 PM
    I like the work hard, play hard idea..that feels good.

The primary point was not the play time over part, buy the "it's time to come back to BlackBerry" part - to which the reason why needs to be given.

The answer being - it is an all new BlackBerry from the ground up. Let us show you it. And, we are so confident in the Product, we will go head to head.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:41 PM
    Only if BB comes out with a new high end design. The time for marketing the Z30 as a top of the line phone has passed.
    05-02-14 03:52 PM
    BlackBerry: We're not dead yet!

cosco993 likes this.
    05-02-14 04:08 PM
    How about a sort of hybrid.... make a silly video.

Some dude at work watching Netflix, boss walks in and suddenly he switched to bbm and joined a work related group chat.

Kid in class playing angry birds.. swipe up and bam!! He's looking at the map of the world right as soon as his geography reacher walks by... now thinking about it that would have been perfect on the old PlayBook os...

I miss that os Smh lol that's the point of my post

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-03-14 01:58 AM
    Here's what I want to see ... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=928493

In terms of a specific message, as said previously by someone else's something that says sorry for our mistakes ee acknowledge them but we still mean business here's what we've done

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-03-14 05:29 AM
    There will likely be no consumer campaign until the Z3 LTE is in widespread release at the earliest.
    05-03-14 07:44 AM
    How about a sort of hybrid.... make a silly video.

Some dude at work watching Netflix, boss walks in and suddenly he switched to bbm and joined a work related group chat.

Kid in class playing angry birds.. swipe up and bam!! He's looking at the map of the world right as soon as his geography reacher walks by... now thinking about it that would have been perfect on the old PlayBook os...

I miss that os Smh lol that's the point of my post

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    I really like this idea!!!

If you show a really tongue in cheek video of business people doing all those "normal" smartphone things like: netflix, hulu, imdb, igrann, whine, sports, pinterest, twitter, games.

But when the boss comes in, in a fast deft swipe, they quick shift to: email, calendar, ppt with docs to go, Evernote, stocks, Travel plans, etc

And finally BBM - where there is a business conversations going on - in a business setting, but the last message is a funny sticker, used in a business context.

BlackBerry, it's not all fun and games

Ha!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:57 AM
    Hey guys how about setting up a thread for pitching your advertising ideas for blackberry. Who knows, with crackberry behind and supporting bb users here, John Chen just might take grassroots concepts for the next promotional material. So instead of pulling down one another's idea, we might as well help build up our beloved product. Just throwing in my thoughts.
    05-03-14 07:58 AM
38 12