View Poll Results: Would a NetFlix app for the PlayBook get them 7 Million new subscribers for 2012?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely!

20 20.00%
  • No!

57 57.00%
  • I have no idea.

23 23.00%
    Netflix actually has decent content in Canada now. It's probably worth the $8 a month just for Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.
    I swear that's all I use it for.
    10-24-12 05:39 PM
    OT: One thing I noted about netflix a couple weeks ago, is that they've got quite a few Asylum flicks filling out their sci-fi section. WOW.....anyone who knows about Asylum films....well you know it's pretty ludicrous to load up on their movies. LOL Some are worth a few laughs, if you have the patience to sit through it.
    10-24-12 05:45 PM
    I started using Zip last year before my Netflix trial expired and found it to be a good service, far superior to Netflix. Both experiences were drawn from use on my laptop and not a portable device.
    Zip.ca doesn't offer streaming on a laptop either.... no streaming at all basically.
    10-24-12 06:46 PM
    It kinda becomes a 'chicken or the egg' deal with people saying the playbook didn't sell because it didn't have apps like netflix & netflix saying the playbook doesn't have netflix because it didn't sell.
    10-24-12 06:53 PM
    Zip.ca doesn't offer streaming on a laptop either.... no streaming at all basically.
    Seems like I have to spell everything out here. I used Netflix on my laptop, Zip I used their dvd service. I am NOT making a comment about streaming, but about selection and service, Netflix fails at both, and how it would affect my decision should Netflix decide to offer a BB10 application.
    10-24-12 07:02 PM
    FWIW: I am getting sick of Netflix streaming. It's good for a year but alot of the movies I want to see are not there. It is starting to suck. How many times I have seen Some Movie 2,Some Movie 3 and not the original is beyond me.
    10-24-12 09:46 PM
    Again why would i want Netflix, because the iPhone have it?
    @ Playbookster you just said it, Netflix is garbage in Canada.

People get over Netflix, people who want it have lots of time on there hands lol
    lol maybe people with cable instead of Netflix have MORE time on their hands? lol
    10-24-12 10:08 PM
    I don't know, for the price and with Unlimited hours of content every month, I think Netflix is a pretty good bargain, IF, you are in a market where they offer the content. If you are not, of course it doesn't make sense to pay for it. But if you are, it's a pretty good value. Also, being able to watch movies and TV shows on almost any device is great too.

Seeing as I have more than just a RIM device, I'm not going to cancel a service that isn't available on one device when it's available on so many other devices I have in my home.
    At my house, we have Netflix and AppleTV. $7.99 a month vs. ~$70.00 a month. A no-brainer if ever there was.
    10-24-12 10:12 PM
    netflix is a dying company.

you can't compete with cable giants.
    They made more profit this quarter than they did this time last year. That's called growth, it's opposite of dying.

My two cents: The PB is irrelevant in the tablet market, so I do think it's a waste of their time developing a PB app. I wish RIMM would concentrate on making a good handset and quit wasting their time on the tablet market. I would love to see a fully functional London device released early.
    10-24-12 11:19 PM
    no chance in . PB only sold 250K last quarter as it was. they needed another 700k subscribers to meet their goal. I dont know many people that would sign up for netflix only because they bought a PB. I think most people already have a netflix subscription and pass on the PB because it doesnt have the app.

In other words, the lack of netflix app on the PB hurts RIM sales much more than netflix subscribers.
    Well stated, one of the primary reasons PB sales are so pathetic.
    10-25-12 12:34 AM
    At my house, we have Netflix and AppleTV. $7.99 a month vs. ~$70.00 a month. A no-brainer if ever there was.
    Yeah, I have a Roku HD, a xbox 360, 2 tablets, and a PS3, used mostly as a Blu-Ray player. I would be quite the fanboy to cancel my Netflix service, which I can watch virtually anywhere, as much as I want, simply because they aren't available on Blackberry, when they are available on so many other platforms that I use it on.
    10-25-12 12:54 AM
    I love how a simple Netflix post can cause such a stir. I have faith that there will eventually be a Netflix app released on the BB10 OS, which will be on the Playbook. But Netflix does need some more content to make it worth my while. Honestly, I would be willing to pay quite a bit more for Netflix if I could cut the cord to the cable company. But the big issue is sports. If they could just reach an agreement to stream live games...
    10-25-12 08:43 AM
    As far as apps for BB devices RIM has clearly made their device HTML5 compliant. This means one app, from Netflix per say, can be built and deployed on all three systems (Android, Apple and Blackberry). BB knows its previous OS's were difficult to program for. So BB10 supports all the major programing formats (C/C++/Native/HTML 5/others). Currently any programmer can port their HTML 5 app directly to BB10 without recompling the core app. This is the new strengh of BB10. I am sure Netflix will develop a HTML 5 app and it will be deployed for all platforms that is the cheep way to go.
    mrfreeze and axllebeer like this.
    10-25-12 11:27 AM
    As far as apps for BB devices RIM has clearly made their device HTML5 compliant. This means one app, from Netflix per say, can be built and deployed on all three systems (Android, Apple and Blackberry). BB knows its previous OS's were difficult to program for. So BB10 supports all the major programing formats (C/C++/Native/HTML 5/others). Currently any programmer can port their HTML 5 app directly to BB10 without recompling the core app. This is the new strengh of BB10. I am sure Netflix will develop a HTML 5 app and it will be deployed for all platforms that is the cheep way to go.
    Exactly. Long term BlackBerry could be the best platform for developers or at least as good as the other 2.
    10-25-12 11:42 AM
    I love how a simple Netflix post can cause such a stir. I have faith that there will eventually be a Netflix app released on the BB10 OS, which will be on the Playbook. But Netflix does need some more content to make it worth my while. Honestly, I would be willing to pay quite a bit more for Netflix if I could cut the cord to the cable company. But the big issue is sports. If they could just reach an agreement to stream live games...
    don't you know how diehard BB fans are? they want every company to fail beside RIM.

if its bad news for other company, its good news for BB fans. i don't know why, but apparently they only want one company to be successful, regardless if it help technology advancement or not.

If tomorrow MSFT, GOOG and APPLE goes bankrupt and never innovate again, RIM fan would be happy. they will be fine with the same piece of technology, as long as its from RIM.

instead of being a fan of technology, they are a fan of a company. not sure how that all makes sense
    mrfreeze, Roo Zilla and brucep1 like this.
    10-25-12 11:44 AM
    If tomorrow MSFT, GOOG and APPLE goes bankrupt and never innovate again, RIM fan would be happy. they will be fine with the same piece of technology, as long as its from RIM.
    Well put. Competition is what is making BB better. With out Google or Apple the QNX RIM would probably never exist. I always welcome competition, especially in the mobile and technology industry. I do wish there was less monopolization in the industry. There are a lot of creative technologies that never see the light of day.
    Last edited by mrfreeze574; 10-25-12 at 12:53 PM.
    10-25-12 12:40 PM
    I'm tempted to add another option in the poll - "Who Cares...?"

For the overwhelming majority of RIM customers who are NOT in USA, Netflix is an irrelevance which would simply add useless cost and potential software conflicts to new devices.
    I agree with you, "Who Cares"
    Its mostly in US that want nextflix, was you stream you still use Bandwith which in turn is data.
    I saw some of the data pkgs. and i don't think 1G is enough for some people.
    10-29-12 07:14 AM
    don't you know how diehard BB fans are? they want every company to fail beside RIM.

if its bad news for other company, its good news for BB fans. i don't know why, but apparently they only want one company to be successful, regardless if it help technology advancement or not.

instead of being a fan of technology, they are a fan of a company. not sure how that all makes sense
    And what you call the APPLE Fans, i haven't seen anything new OS on the Apple Iphone 5 since iphone 3.
    10-29-12 07:17 AM
    Netflix is crap
    10-29-12 09:04 AM
    Why is it that iOS, Android can make Netflix so ready available, also Skype, Tune in, ,and radio apps like WunderRadio and a bunch of other usefull apps (contrary to what BlackBerry can NOT do?) For me, having a Bold 9930, the flagship device of RIM, and not even be able to get a Netflix app, or a Skype app or other popular apps is IMO and cheap skate way of running business....GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT RIM!! ....And guess what? You'll be back on the porch with the big dogs.
    11-04-12 08:30 AM
    Why is it that iOS, Android can make Netflix so ready available, also Skype, Tune in, ,and radio apps like WunderRadio and a bunch of other usefull apps (contrary to what BlackBerry can NOT do?) For me, having a Bold 9930, the flagship device of RIM, and not even be able to get a Netflix app, or a Skype app or other popular apps is IMO and cheap skate way of running business....GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT RIM!! ....And guess what? You'll be back on the porch with the big dogs.
    Once again, you can holler and moan at RIM all you want, but short of them getting permission to create an app for their platform, it's up to the Skypes and Netflixes (BB already has a TunedIn app) and Wunderlusts to decide if THEY want to create an app and support it. Why is it so difficult to understand. It's like getting angry at Future Shop because they don't sell a game that Ubisoft hasn't released yet.
    11-04-12 08:42 AM
71 123