As a former BB and current Android user who is interested in moving back to BB, I was wondering what is the state of android app support on BB10 or the Playbook? The lure of a premium device with a hard QWERTY keyboard is quite strong!

There are a few apps that I've found indispensable and I would like to know if I can sideload or otherwise run them on a BB10 device:

1) Tubemate - Saves youtube videos to the phone for offline viewing
    2) Vulkano Player - Lets me control my Vulkano (like a Slingbox with DVR features), stream my cable TV feed, or download DVR'd videos onto the device.
    3) Smart TV Remote - Remote control app for my samsung TV (connects through Wifi).

I would really like to have some way to use these apps at BB10 launch, so any news or info on how android apps can be run on BB10 would be appreciated!
    01-29-13 03:02 PM
    Do you have access to the APK files of these programs? I think you can get those with Dev Alphas to convert them and try them out for you

Look around in http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/ and http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f258/ in case anybody has done the apps in question!
    chr1sny likes this.
    01-29-13 03:23 PM
    No luck so far on Vulkano but I did find a Tubemate solution! Thanks!
    01-29-13 03:40 PM
    I haven't had time to read through all the coverage articles. Was there any news on this?
    01-30-13 12:23 PM