And what are you going to do with netflix on you BB10?
    I can tell you i will download the latest movies, put them on my memory card then when im on holidays i'll watch them.
    You can download movies from netflix I thought it was just streaming?
    12-23-12 08:48 AM
    You can download movies from netflix I thought it was just streaming?
    It IS just for streaming..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-23-12 09:45 AM
    Would be nice. I still doubt I'll watch it on a fine due to crappy data plans where I live, but if the BlackBerry 10 devices have HDMI out like PlayBook, I could use.

As for when it comes, didn't A. Saunders say he'd send a team of developers there in a heartbeat if needed?
    12-23-12 09:47 AM
    Cool beans if it were to be there
    12-23-12 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry Scoop seems pretty legit since he mentioned BBM Desktop before even NerdBerry talked about it in an article
    12-23-12 10:57 AM
    Would be nice. I still doubt I'll watch it on a fine due to crappy data plans where I live, but if the BlackBerry 10 devices have HDMI out like PlayBook, I could use.

As for when it comes, didn't A. Saunders say he'd send a team of developers there in a heartbeat if needed?
    Yep.
    12-23-12 12:28 PM

Wrt data plans. Couldnt you stream it on your homes wifi, which will have a more generous GB cap than your cellular? Or use it with BB10 on Playbook.
    12-23-12 12:34 PM
    I've seen a bunch of tweets from that Account; it's clear it's not affiliated with RIM in any way - some of the stuff seems too good to be true too. Wait and see I guess!
    12-23-12 05:32 PM
    It IS just for streaming..

And people want to watch them on the smartphone?
    Like i said each them on holidays when i put them on SD, besides the latest movies are never on nextflix, beside most of the resorts have HDTV and should have HDMI so hook up to it and watch the movies on a 42" HDTV.
    My prediction Apple and Androids will copy HDMI on there smartphone, and as usual Apple with annonce it in the there next iphone5s so people will flock to it as new that no one has lmao, and they will be 1 yr beside RIM.
    12-23-12 05:49 PM
    Wrt data plans. Couldnt you stream it on your homes wifi, which will have a more generous GB cap than your cellular? Or use it with BB10 on Playbook.
    Oh for sure. I already have lots of TV connected devices that support Netflix (my tv itself even). I probably would never watch Netflix on that little screen at home ... at best, it would be plugged into a television.
    12-23-12 05:52 PM
    Like i said each them on holidays when i put them on SD, besides the latest movies are never on nextflix, beside most of the resorts have HDTV and should have HDMI so hook up to it and watch the movies on a 42" HDTV.
    My prediction Apple and Androids will copy HDMI on there smartphone, and as usual Apple with annonce it in the there next iphone5s so people will flock to it as new that no one has lmao, and they will be 1 yr beside RIM.
    Netflix isn't just about watching the latest movies, I use it to watch episodes of the x-men, Chappelle show, South Park etc. As far as apple/android copying RIMM by adding HDMI to their device, The Sony Xperia S has HDMI output.

Sent from my White iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-23-12 05:57 PM
    i want to work in netflix now!! nothing to do with them, but cos they obviously have a tardis!! lets jus say the app was finished before this tweet shall we
    12-23-12 06:45 PM
    Wired video is so two years ago. Apple has Airplay and Miracast is going to have wider adoption soon. Today Samsung has DLNA and their proprietary All share cast, and when those are not available there's an mhl dongle for HDMI.
    12-23-12 07:42 PM
    Wired video is so two years ago. Apple has Airplay and Miracast is going to have wider adoption soon. Today Samsung has DLNA and their proprietary All share cast, and when those are not available there's an mhl dongle for HDMI.
    lol'd @ dongle

secondly, outside of your home network, Airplay is useless.

can't speak for the other solutions, but there's nothing to stop RIM from implementing DLNA support in BB10 phones.
    12-23-12 08:28 PM
    Motorola android phones had micro HDMI ports on phones for years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    12-23-12 08:33 PM
    True we are talking about resorts, they don't update every couple of months.
    12-23-12 10:53 PM
    dev alpha A and B both have DLNA.
    kuffkuff likes this.
    12-23-12 10:54 PM
    The moral of the last few posts being: do a little bit of research before making claims like this:
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    12-23-12 11:14 PM
    Don't believe everything you read on Twitter.

If I wanted to, I could tweet "I saw Skype, Netflix, and Instagram on a PlayBook running OS 4.2 Jelly Bean"

This account is just blowing steam.
    12-24-12 01:23 AM
    Netflix and other mainstream apps would be great on BB10, but have you ever wondered why BlackBerry PlayBook doesn't need internet security? It's because their systems and OS' are less likely to be hacked, because of how unpopular they are... and don't worry, this is not bad - it's great. But if RIM start getting huge, well known corporations to put mainstream apps on BB OS, it will make customers argue that, unlike before, "Yes, BlackBerry PlayBook has got Skype and Netflix too, and it's cheaper," meaning that BlackBerry will become more mainstream as a company, making itself a target for hackers.
    12-24-12 07:37 AM
    secondly, outside of your home network, Airplay is useless.
    Inside my home network, Airplay is pretty useless too. Ditto for "Home sharing".

I have an iMac, an Airport Extreme, an iPod Touch, an iPhone and two Apple TVs. Everything has the latest software too.

Both Airplay and Home Sharing are utterly flaky. Apple TVs can't detect the content half the time. Or they just stop playing. Or they play one minute, then stop, then the Apple TV can't find the devices. Or the iOS devices can't find the Apple TVs.

The only crappier stuff I've seen Apple put out is that gawdawful podcast app.
    Easy-G likes this.
    12-24-12 08:04 AM
    But if RIM start getting huge, well known corporations to put mainstream apps on BB OS
    There are several different OSes and some clarity is due:

- BlackBery OS is a java based OS, and is huge. It is mainstream now. It has 79 million users and is in use in most fortune 500 companies as well as government agencies around the world. And it's security is intense as a result because it is a target.

- BlackBerry Tablet OS is what is on the PlayBook. It is much smaller than BlackBerry OS, with about 2 million users. It too has security features, though is not typically used in mission critical scenarios. It actually has some things built in that the BlackBerry OS phones don't have, like Balance which divides work and personal stuff on the device; and bridging to smartphones.

- BlackBerry 10 is not released. It will ultimately replace both of the above operating systems. It's the successor to BlackBerry Tablet OS in terms of technology, but will replace BlackBerry OS on the phones as well. It is likely to have a substantially greater user base than BlackBerry tablet OS (RIM sold about 32 phones for every one tablet last quarter). It remains to be seen if it will rival the peak userbase of BlackBerry OS.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-24-12 08:11 AM
    Yes people stream Netflix to their phones and tablets. Why? Because its great portable entrainment.. Especially for trips around town with young kids. And you think Apple and Android will copy HDMI out? Lol.. They've both been doing it for YEARS already..so BB is actually playing catch up (once again). Some of you people REALLY need to step outside the BB bubble and understand just how far technology has come..

12-24-12 11:29 AM
    And you think Apple and Android will copy HDMI out?
    Quite true ... the not sure I'd brag about Apple's HDMI out. Rather, it's an expensive Apple branded adapter + an HDMI cable. ;-)
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 12-24-12 at 03:05 PM.
    12-24-12 02:17 PM
    Yes people stream Netflix to their phones and tablets. Why? Because its great portable entrainment.. Especially for trips around town with young kids. And you think Apple and Android will copy HDMI out? Lol.. They've both been doing it for YEARS already..so BB is actually playing catch up (once again). Some of you people REALLY need to step outside the BB bubble and understand just how far technology has come..

Who streams videos on a trip around town with kids? That would be really sad if true. You're supposed to look around you, not at a phone or tablet.

On a long drive yes, but around town?
    12-24-12 03:56 PM
109 1234 ...