BlackBerryScoop has just tweeted that a certain company(Netflix) has taken an interest in developing for BB10.
    Here is the tweet:News About Netflix on BB10-bb10-netfli.jpg
    12-22-12 02:33 PM
    Just now taking an interest? Well that pretty much confirms its not there for launch
    12-22-12 02:35 PM
    So it takes over a month to develop a netflix app on BB10? Thought it was supposed to be easy to develop for? Especially when the cut off date for submitting apps is Jan 21st?
    12-22-12 02:38 PM
    I don`t know it says ``and dev for bb10`` so maybe they already started but recently contacted RIM for more info on something.
    12-22-12 02:38 PM
    Well we should at least be happy they are giving the platform a chance
    12-22-12 02:39 PM
    Regardless of whether or not it's there for launch, having Netflix at some point will be of benefit to the platform. The more big names BB10 can capture, the better! Plus, with so much time left to the launch, even though it may not be enough for the full app to be developed, RIM may be able to mention Netflix during the launch just to assure consumers that it will be there eventually.
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-22-12 02:47 PM
    skype was at bbJam world tour in santa clara back in july, we still don't have any news of a skype app... so... this makes me slightly suspicious...
    BigAl_BB9900 and MTL like this.
    12-22-12 02:51 PM
    This is the kind of thing that does more harm than good now if we then don't get the app. There is still bitterness among early PB adopters over seeing the Skype icon on the first screen shots, and we know how the rest of that story goes.

So here's hoping it's more than just "interest" and it actually makes them a video streaming company that does.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-22-12 03:04 PM
    well I for one am impressed that this company has decided to pull their head out of the sand and take a look at what's coming. BB10 is getting noticed before launch, there's some great guerrilla, grass roots marketing going on. This is precisely actioning the chicken or the egg app syndrome many were worried about for BB10.
    12-22-12 03:13 PM
    79 million subscribers are a big draw for those guys. 2 million playbooks wasnt. I know its important to have them on the platform, more for marketing than a need imo. But it sure would be nice to tell them to get lost. I know we need to look at the big picture (no pun intended).
    12-22-12 03:13 PM
    Does anyone know the reliability of Blackberryscoop leaks/tweats??

BlackBerryScoop has just tweeted that a certain company(Netflix) has taken an interest in developing for BB10.
    Here is the tweet:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10 netfli.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	129234
    12-22-12 05:57 PM
    I can't pinpoint any specific examples, but I've heard that they're pretty darn reliable in the past.
    12-22-12 06:00 PM
    Netflix and Skype will be the saviors of BB 10!

...or at least shut the majority of the haters up.
    ctuffy, ibpluto, Stewartj1 and 1 others like this.
    12-22-12 06:02 PM
    So it takes over a month to develop a netflix app on BB10? Thought it was supposed to be easy to develop for? Especially when the cut off date for submitting apps is Jan 21st?
    Oh man. Chill out dude, its not a simple app. Im sure they wouldn't say, "hey netflix sorry but you missed our artificial cut off date, too bad!" lol
    12-22-12 06:03 PM
    This is the kind of thing that does more harm than good now if we then don't get the app. There is still bitterness among early PB adopters over seeing the Skype icon on the first screen shots, and we know how the rest of that story goes.

So here's hoping it's more than just "interest" and it actually makes them a video streaming company that does.
    It's not really the same since this is faaaaaaaaar from an official indication.
    12-22-12 06:04 PM
    skype was at bbJam world tour in santa clara back in july, we still don't have any news of a skype app... so... this makes me slightly suspicious...
    "Skype" was not at Santa Clara. A Skype developer was there, and stated that he was there out of his own personal curiosity.
    anon(3896606) and MTL like this.
    12-22-12 06:07 PM
    I'm still kind of a firm believer that all of the app developers were told to keep quiet about what will be offered on BB10 and were just told if they received any emails concerning if their app is going to make the release of BB 10 to say something like, it's in the works, or not at this time or any of the other things that those who may have contacted some of them are being told. Something that has a good buzz going for it right now has to be turning everyone's head, or at least sparking some kind of interest. I understand it is an entirely new platform and developers may not want to take a chance on if it will be successful or not. As I said, "Once everyone sees what BB 10 is capable of handling and doing, the apps will come." They did for apple, and for android platforms. Worse case scenario, is that we may have to wait a few weeks or a month later. No biggie to me. As long as they will eventually be there is good enough for me. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day and BB10 has to prove itself that RIM is NOT the same company that it once was! Sure it will take some hard work and convincing, but the writing is on the wall. It's the underdogs time to shine here. I will take the fifteen minutes of fame as it comes
    12-22-12 06:47 PM
    Good question. You kinda have to get into the fun of it. For sure not all of it will happen but rumor mills have become inctreasingly accurate. Take the recent rumor run up for the ipad mini. All were right on except for the price.

Also I read a comment that 90% of tweet rumors are started by RIM.

In fact here,s 2 new rumors that I would like to start. (psst, dont tell anyone I,ve told you, I,m under NDA)

1. BB10 will be available for Playbook on Jan 30.

2. Playbook 10 ( 10 inch model) will be announced Jan 30.
    12-22-12 07:05 PM
    Good question. You kinda have to get into the fun of it. For sure not all of it will happen but rumor mills have become inctreasingly accurate. Take the recent rumor run up for the ipad mini. All were right on except for the price.

Also I read a comment that 90% of tweet rumors are started by RIM.

In fact here,s 2 new rumors that I would like to start. (psst, dont tell anyone I,ve told you, I,m under NDA)

2. Playbook 10 ( 10 inch model) will be announced Jan 30.
    Being the responsible CrackBerryan that I am, I refuse to repeat that:

or

2. Playbook 10 ( 10 inch model) will be announced Jan 3
    Geeoff and walt63 like this.
    12-22-12 07:21 PM
    I don't follow him/her BUT I have heard that their rumours are quite accurate
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-22-12 07:34 PM
    The cut off date is simply for the 10,000 $ incentive. Anyone can continue to submit apps after that. I doubt NF cares a great deal about 10,000. Although with their recent earnings you would think they should.
    12-22-12 09:25 PM
    He seems legit...
    12-22-12 09:47 PM
    Netflix app on other platform is already a HTML5 app, what they would need is the content DRM which RIM seemed to have licensed Microsoft DRM for BB10
    12-22-12 09:52 PM
    Well we should at least be happy they are giving the platform a chance
    + 1. Having netflix on board would be a huge boost for the BB10 platform.
    12-22-12 10:32 PM
    + 1. Having netflix on board would be a huge boost for the BB10 platform.
    And what are you going to do with netflix on you BB10?
    I can tell you i will download the latest movies, put them on my memory card then when im on holidays i'll watch them.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    12-23-12 08:25 AM
109 123 ...