I was playing around with my phone's mute button. As you may know, pressing it mutes the sound and then pressing it again unmutes. By mistake I then pressed the button a little longer, and my phone beeped and then a female voice advised about new messages. I had some unread mail in my inbox and the recording came on saying "you have new messages". After I read them, the recording would say "you have no messages."

I can see this being handy in the car if you have a bluetooth headset, and don't want to take your eyes off the road. You can press and hold mute to find out if you have any new messages. I wonder if it includes calls and sms.

Did anyone notice this feature? First time I am finding out about it.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 09-22-12 at 02:59 PM.
    09-22-12 02:53 PM
    That voice is not native. It comes from BeBuzz. It's been around for a while.

Welcome to the party ...

Look in the BeBuzz options to change it to a different button.
    terminatorx and mikeo007 like this.
    09-22-12 02:56 PM
    That voice is not native. It comes from BeBuzz. It's been around for a while.

Welcome to the party ...

Look in the BeBuzz options to change it to a different button.
    Ahh ok, cool!! I love that app! That is definitely one of the best apps out there. Thanks for your quick response... and I thought it was a new 9900 feature I just discovered.
    09-22-12 03:05 PM
    i love finding new features no matter how you find them.
    09-22-12 03:08 PM
    Well, if anyone else discovers anything new and cool along the same lines - please add to the discussion!
    09-22-12 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD