Ever since I got my BlackBerry I've become obsessed with washing my hands after anything and everything lol. Basically if I touch anything other than my phone, I have to wash my hands before touching it again. What can I say... I don't wanna get it all greasy. Any other OCD's out there with your BB?
    07-10-08 11:28 PM
    I continuously hit the back button even when I dont need to...just habbit
    07-10-08 11:30 PM
    and the worste OCD ever with phones...luckily I've only dropped my BB once in a yr but I have gone through 6+ phones in a year once...yall are gonna be think i'm crazy to do this with my BB

But i spin my phones/BB's alot on 1 finger ALL THE TIME...just force of habbit crazy OCD walking, talking, whatever I'm always spinning my phone on one finger (like a basketball)
    07-10-08 11:32 PM
    Is it necessary to actually go in and hit the menu button and scroll down to close to fully end that particular application or will hitting the back (escape) button suffice?
    07-10-08 11:43 PM
    No, you need to actually close most apps or they will continue to run and draw your battery down.
    07-10-08 11:45 PM
    Is it necessary to actually go in and hit the menu button and scroll down to close to fully end that particular application or will hitting the back (escape) button suffice?
    In my experience depends on the application. Doesn't seem to be a uniform rule. But you can check by alt-back to see what's running. somethings you can end by menu-close. Some are just meant to be always on.
    07-10-08 11:46 PM
    In my experience depends on the application. Doesn't seem to be a uniform rule. But you can check by alt-back to see what's running. somethings you can end by menu-close. Some are just meant to be always on.
    On my pearl alt-back brings up a list of applications that I can switch to... not ones that are running
    07-10-08 11:56 PM
    I am constantly pressing the end key even when I am already on the menu screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 12:09 AM
    and the worste OCD ever with phones...luckily I've only dropped my BB once in a yr but I have gone through 6+ phones in a year once...yall are gonna be think i'm crazy to do this with my BB

But i spin my phones/BB's alot on 1 finger ALL THE TIME...just force of habbit crazy OCD walking, talking, whatever I'm always spinning my phone on one finger (like a basketball)
    You are crazy!! but you must be pretty good at that if you've only dropped your BB once in a year
    07-11-08 12:21 AM
    Yeah I hand wash all the time. I used to do so before I got the BB but its worse now. And I do the back button deal.m and now that my one side key is the lock button I am locking the BB after almost everything I do.

07-11-08 12:28 AM
    Yes, I wash my hands all the time, too!
    07-11-08 12:10 PM
    I don't know if this constitutes BB-OCD but I change my wallpaper three or four times a days, lol. I think I just get bored during meetings or in traffic and have to play around with it.
    07-11-08 12:49 PM
    I am actually heading to wash my hands right now... just got done working on some server racks!
    07-11-08 12:58 PM

With that activity I'm not surprised at all with you going through 6 phones in a years time. I'm not to concerned with things like scratches to anywhere but the screen. But I won't do anything physically with the phone that might stop it from functioning.
    07-11-08 12:59 PM
    I always throw my phone around, spin them on tables, flip them in my hand. Throw them onto beds & whatnot. I'm being so much nicer with the Pearl than I was with my enV (I'd throw that off tables onto hard floor, concrete ect..) and even my Voyager (that I broke in half on accident)
    But, it can somehow take the abuse. I was impressed with that. I also like to keep it clean.
    07-11-08 01:01 PM
    I always scroll the wheel on the 8700.. Even if I am at the home screen doing noting I will scroll it up and down. I am pretty sure I am going to wear it out one of these days.
    07-11-08 03:24 PM
    Yeah I hand wash all the time. I used to do so before I got the BB but its worse now. And I do the back button deal.m and now that my one side key is the lock button I am locking the BB after almost everything I do.

Yes I do the same!! Washing my hands now more than ever. I alwys use a hand lotion which defeats the purpose so I have to start all over again! I also have a habit of hitting the menu key for no reason! So happy to know I'm not alone!!

07-11-08 03:49 PM
    I always throw my phone around, spin them on tables, flip them in my hand. Throw them onto beds & whatnot. I'm being so much nicer with the Pearl than I was with my enV (I'd throw that off tables onto hard floor, concrete ect..) and even my Voyager (that I broke in half on accident)
    But, it can somehow take the abuse. I was impressed with that. I also like to keep it clean.
    I was the same way, even with my 700w that i just switched from. Now I can't stand even a finger print on the battery cover, lol I would probably cry if i ever drop it.....lol oh well guess i am an addict huh?
    07-11-08 03:49 PM
    On my pearl alt-back brings up a list of applications that I can switch to... not ones that are running
    Nope!! Not true... Alt+Back brings back applications that are running in the background. When you have something open and push the back button to "exit" you aren't really exiting the application you are just minimizing it. When you hit Alt+Back you are bringing up a list of the applciations which are running in the background that you can't see. There are a number of applications which will ALWAYS run: Phone Log, BBMessenger, Messengers, Home Screen, Browser. I also have an Alarm program that is always running unless I force it closed.

Also... it is a known issue at RIM that the utilizing the Application Switcher (Alt+Back) will lead to a memory leak. Use it sparingly. It is better to use Menu>Close to close a program/application isntead of the minimizing it by using the back/escape button.
    07-11-08 03:56 PM
    Nope!! Not true... Alt+Back brings back applications that are running in the background. When you have something open and push the back button to "exit" you aren't really exiting the application you are just minimizing it. When you hit Alt+Back you are bringing up a list of the applciations which are running in the background that you can't see. There are a number of applications which will ALWAYS run: Phone Log, BBMessenger, Messengers, Home Screen, Browser. I also have an Alarm program that is always running unless I force it closed.

Also... it is a known issue at RIM that the utilizing the Application Switcher (Alt+Back) will lead to a memory leak. Use it sparingly. It is better to use Menu>Close to close a program/application isntead of the minimizing it by using the back/escape button.
    well thank you very much kind sir I appreciate the knowledge
    07-11-08 06:03 PM
    My OCD is always using my BB to send emails even when sitting at my PC at work. Also I see to spend more time in the bathroom reading up on CB.com
    07-11-08 06:31 PM
    I have these screen cleaning towelettes that I use to keep my BB clean and I can wipe my fingers with them at the same time. I like the way they keep my screen nice and shiney, then I fold them in perfect squares for disposal, then I....

OCD, not me, AHem.

07-11-08 06:31 PM
    well thank you very much kind sir I appreciate the knowledge
    You're welcome!! (I'm a ma'am, by the way!) However, if it helps, EVERYONE assumes I'm a dude... Its actually pretty funny!

07-12-08 12:12 AM
    You're welcome!! (I'm a ma'am, by the way!) However, if it helps, EVERYONE assumes I'm a dude... Its actually pretty funny!

Dangit gosh I'm such an id*ot! I am terribly sorry I shouldn't have assumed that.

Edit: Thank you Miss
    07-12-08 12:15 AM
    There is absolutely NO reason to apologize! When I said everyone here does it I meant it... Everyone thinks I'm a guy, so I'm totally used to it! We all picture who we are talking to here at Crackberry and for some reason my avatar or screenname leads everyone to believe that I am not a girl.

Funny thing is that I've always sort of been "one of the guys". I'd rather go to a football game and drink beer than shop for heels and handbags! (I like heels and handbags too... Just for the record! ) I have played sports my whole life, and am one of only TWO female varsity basketball officials in Central Ohio who officiates boys games!

I am totally not offended by you assuming I am a guy! I never get that in person, but I always get it here (which I prefer to the other way around!!)

07-12-08 12:30 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD