Hi!

I'm a serious newbie to blackberries. I was a sidekick lx user for a while and I thought going to a BB would be a easy transition but I was dead wrong.

I've used Roxio to upload music to my BB Curve (T-Mobile) BUT it would only let me transfer 2 songs...Later on I had to delete the songs to add new ones and it wouldn't let me at all! Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I've also added a 2gb mem card and I have 1.8gb free...
    10-31-08 12:27 AM
    I would reccomend use the drag and drop method
    lots of people have problems using roxio

go into options-->memory card (or memory cant remember)
    then change enable mass storage mode support to yes
    and change auto enable mass storage mode to yes

now when you plug your bb into your pc you will be able to drag and drop files onto the memory card just drag and drop the ones you want and then you are good to go
    10-31-08 12:39 AM
    Go to options-media card and set it to mass storage. This way when you hook it up to your computer you can just drag and drop your music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 12:40 AM
    Sounds like a plan...

But there are 2 problems. When I plug my curve into my labbie the time zone automatically changes...can't answer that and neither could BB support

Other than that...what should I open to drag my itune files into? Should I open apps? Or drag it into the blackberry menu that pops up?

I have mass storage set on all the time.

Thanks!
    10-31-08 12:53 AM
    itunes are a different format. you need to use this program i use call blackberry media sync. it changes itunes (mp4) into what you need which is an mp3
    10-31-08 01:10 AM
    10-31-08 01:12 AM
    greg, so does the bb media sync unprotect itunes? Cause I've heard that itunes won't play on bb's because the songs are protected.

10-31-08 01:38 AM
    greg, so does the bb media sync unprotect itunes? Cause I've heard that itunes won't play on bb's because the songs are protected.

i use that program and add my itunes.
    10-31-08 01:39 AM
    it is in fact true that blackberry's do not support music with DRM however just cause you use itunes doesn't mean your music has DRM most the music purchased off of the itunes store does have DRM but when you purchase a cd and load it into itunes it does not have drm...

SO if shes trying to put DRM protected songs onto the BB it wont work unless she gets something that removes the DRM
    10-31-08 01:52 AM
    it is in fact true that blackberry's do not support music with DRM however just cause you use itunes doesn't mean your music has DRM most the music purchased off of the itunes store does have DRM but when you purchase a cd and load it into itunes it does not have drm...

SO if shes trying to put DRM protected songs onto the BB it wont work unless she gets something that removes the DRM
    i purchase my songs off itunes and they are on my blackberry
    10-31-08 01:54 AM
    i purchase my songs off itunes and they are on my blackberry
    once again to reiterate blackberrys do not support music with DRM the only way to get the song on a blackberry that is DRM protected is to have a software that removes the DRM

itunes are a different format. you need to use this program i use call blackberry media sync. it changes itunes (mp4) into what you need which is an mp3

This software or any other way to change it into a mp3 requires DRM removal... to convert it to run on the blackberry

and for good measure I will include solid proof

BlackBerry Search Results

pay close attention to this part about supported file types:

* Apple iTunes offers digital rights management-free (DRM-free) in Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) format downloads using the Apple iTunes Plus store. Files controlled by DRM cannot be copied to the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information on Apple iTunes Plus, search Apple

* Files that are not compatible with the BlackBerry smartphone media application or files controlled by DRM technologies cannot be copied.
    If you read my above quote
    most the music purchased off of the itunes store does have DRM
    I clearly said most

there is a section of the itunes store that is drm free which is (Itunes Plus)

however its only a small percentage of the total music on there....

however there may be other possibilitys I suppose like if certain carriers were to pay the fee or whatever to have the player support DRM I don't even know if this exists but I suppose it could be but from what I understand in the last year of me being completely pissed about all the itunes music I purchased and being required to use a dang ipod device to play it....
    Last edited by noaim; 10-31-08 at 06:36 AM.
    10-31-08 06:23 AM
    Alright...so it sounds like my music needs to be converted by a third party app...

Which will not make any difference if I don't know where to drag the music into after I convert it?

The manual is extremely basic and doesn't explain squat.

I'm guessing I need to open my BB folder on my Crive and put the music in there but from the way you all are explaining it it sounds like there is a easier solution?

Which is _______________. (<---Fill in the Blank)

Happy Halloween!
    10-31-08 08:07 AM
    You know what Kids?

Thanks, I figured it out by myself!
    11-22-08 11:42 AM
    Glad you were able to get it working, and.....

11-22-08 11:45 AM
    Oh the addiction is very real for me...But my husband. He tried to Murder my Curve! How can I explain the sheer fascination to him? He's not computer savy at all. I was thinking about buying him a Pearl Flip just as a starter and teaching him so maybe he can fall in love all over again too
    11-22-08 12:55 PM
    Does anyone know how to covert my music videos from itunes to the correct format for the blackberry bold 9700. I downloaded the software switch but there is no extension that blackberry supports. How do I upload them on the bold 9700? Thanks for your help
    12-15-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD