Hey all, yes another newbie here lol. I need some basic help. I had a 8350i. I just now upgraded to the new Torch. Huge step up. Anyway I am trying to get my pictures , music etc switched from the 8350i to the Torch. I managed to get my contacts over using BB desktop. I dont want to just switch the card since the 8350i has a 1gb and the Torch has a 4gb. Can anyone provide some basic assistance on how to do this. Simply as possible because well Im an *****.

thanks
    08-30-11 08:08 AM
    connect the 8350,
    enable usb thingy
    copy all files to the desktop.
    disconnect 8350
    connect torch
    enable usb mode
    paste files into internal mem or sd card.
    disconnect.
    prosper.
    RandoH likes this.
    08-30-11 08:12 AM
    Plug in your BB to your pc and open the folders to view the pics, make a new folder on your desktop, go back to the BB folder and hit control + A to copy all. Then drag the pics to the newly created folder.

Next plug in your new BB(on the torch you'll have to hit usb drive on the screen), then just do the process in reverse. Copy all the pics from the folder on your desktop to the picture folder on your media card.

Simple and easy.
    RandoH likes this.
    08-30-11 08:14 AM
    THANKS ! I just didnt see giving up the 4gb card for a 1 if it was simple. Then Im just going to completely wipe the Curve and its for sale.
    08-30-11 08:36 AM
    Or, pull the card from the 8350 and put it in a card reader connected to your PC then connect the Torch and copy the files directly from the card to the phone. If you don't have a card reader for your PC this is less of an option, but it is also worth nothing that having a card reader for your PC is a good thing (not only in cases like this).
    RandoH likes this.
    08-30-11 09:02 AM
    Keep the 1GB card as a spare in case you're out of memory. Never hurts to keep an extra card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    RandoH likes this.
    08-30-11 12:24 PM
    Thanks and good point! I was just going to throw it in with the curve
    08-30-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD