I have been using a Windows Mobile phone with "Good" email for a couple of years. Frankly I hated it. The battery life was terrible (litterly about 8 hours) and the phone worked VERY poorly. I will say the email on it was better than my new blackberry but to me the most important feature of a cell phone is well... the phone. I have been using my new curve (on BES) for a couple weeks and I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. How do I get rid of the tagline in emails sent from the bb? ("sent from my blackberry"...)
    2. Is there a way to enter a ! and/or # so I can get through phone tree menus?
    3. Is there a way to seperate the delivery location of my gmail and my enterprise mail?
    10-31-07 09:06 AM
    1. Start here

2. Not sure what you mean exactly, but to enter an exclamation or a pound you should be able to use the corresponding keys.

3. There is really no way to split them from you message box aside from using the individual icons that go with each address.
    10-31-07 09:24 AM
    Thanks...

For number 1, I don't have a BIS site. I am on BES. Is that setting something my BES admin needs to do for me? I tried going to that site and when I enter my pin and imei I get a message that says i have to access it from my handheld but when I try that I get page can not be displayed

For number 2 what I was asking is this, like I call my bank to use telephone banking and the recording tells me to enter my acct number followed by the # sign. I can't figure out how to do that. Also is there an easy way to figure out what phone numbers are when someone says something like dial 1-800-compass? I had to call someone with a regular phone and ask them what digits coorosponded to the letters.
    Last edited by jmarcum; 10-31-07 at 07:03 PM.
    10-31-07 05:49 PM
    I finally got logged in from the BB to the website and I see the signature line there but I can't edit it.
    10-31-07 07:13 PM
    Thanks...

For number 1, I don't have a BIS site. I am on BES. Is that setting something my BES admin needs to do for me? I tried going to that site and when I enter my pin and imei I get a message that says i have to access it from my handheld but when I try that I get page can not be displayed

For number 2 what I was asking is this, like I call my bank to use telephone banking and the recording tells me to enter my acct number followed by the # sign. I can't figure out how to do that. Also is there an easy way to figure out what phone numbers are when someone says something like dial 1-800-compass? I had to call someone with a regular phone and ask them what digits coorosponded to the letters.
    Howdy JM!

I can't help you with #1, since I'm on BIS, and you're on BES (perhaps your admin can assist?)

#2 - to dial numbers that have "letters" in them (my personal pet peeve, I HATE these!!! ) when you're in the phone app, hold down the <alt> key and type the letter you need.

Hope this helps. Welcome to CB!!
    10-31-07 07:41 PM
    When in a phone call, simply hit the # key to enter a #. The phone app defaults to alt characters for standard phone keys.
    10-31-07 09:40 PM
    Ihate the letter dialing thing too!

Oh okay. I tried just hitting the # key while I was in the call and the bank didn't recognize that I hit that. I will try again, maybe it was just me.
    11-01-07 08:14 AM
    Thanks for ya'lls help.
    11-01-07 08:17 AM
    Thanks for the tip on the letter dialing. I had reserved my self to the fact that this was not possible on the Curve!
    11-01-07 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD