Hey Fellow CrackBerry users,
    I just bought a 8830 WE blackberry and I've figured most things out from all the helpful people on this forum
    A couple of questions:
    How do i send an MMS message on Verizon on the 8830 We, since its not a camera phone it makes me go to VZWpix.com to recieve them correct?

Also, I need to be able to use accented characters in SMS messages. I know how to roll the trackwheel for and the other french characters in an email, but that doesnt work for SMS messages. Is there something i am doing wrong?

Thanks
    Rick
    08-11-08 08:57 PM
    Welcome....

Aren't you able to send them using the email app?
    08-11-08 09:32 PM
    08-11-08 09:34 PM
    Hmmm, thanks for that. Maybe ill see if i can convince someone to add the service book.
    Now i've just got to figure out how to add the bloody accents in SMS mode!
    Last edited by rhutchinson88; 08-11-08 at 09:43 PM.
    08-11-08 09:36 PM
    I got the same phone and I never have problems sending or receiving mms msgs. I never went to VZW anything. For the accents I never use them for sms ppl can usually figure it out(with Spanish anyway)
    08-12-08 01:18 AM
    Verizon disabled MMS on the 8830 World edition. No camera no MMS. Everything goes to vzwpix. You can send pics in email & have everyone send you pics in email. Hope this helps.
    08-12-08 05:44 AM
    Verizon disabled MMS on the 8830 World edition. No camera no MMS. Everything goes to vzwpix. You can send pics in email & have everyone send you pics in email. Hope this helps.
    I think its such a load of bull for a carrier to restrict a customer from sending or receiving MMS just because a particular BB device does not have a camera. This should have been a customers decision as he or she's the one that's paying the bill at the end of the day.
    08-12-08 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD