Hey,

I am sure this is some place out there in Crackberry land answered a 100 times, but please bare with me as I did look and did not find this specific answer. I back up my BB Tour to the PC. If I get a new BB Tour, when I pulg it up to the computer will EVERYTHING go back to how my current BB is?? Does it back up apps, and theme, and ringtones, and EVERYTHING??? Or will I have a lot of "fixing" to do but the important things will be there?

Thanks so much for your help in advance....

Sexy NJ
    10-01-09 05:30 PM
    The Blackberry Desktop Manager is your friend. Backup/Restore utility is amazing, same with Switch Device Wizard
    10-01-09 05:42 PM
    Hey,

I am sure this is some place out there in Crackberry land answered a 100 times, but please bare with me as I did look and did not find this specific answer. I back up my BB Tour to the PC. If I get a new BB Tour, when I pulg it up to the computer will EVERYTHING go back to how my current BB is?? Does it back up apps, and theme, and ringtones, and EVERYTHING??? Or will I have a lot of "fixing" to do but the important things will be there?

Thanks so much for your help in advance....

Sexy NJ
    First thing first. Do a full backup using the backup/restore feature on desktop
    manager.

Second, there is a thread on here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...3rd+party+apps by CrucialXtreme
    that will show you how to backup the third party apps and then restore them
    onto your new phone.

Once you get the new phone, go back to backup/restore and this time you're
    going to use the restore. It'll prompt you to choose the file. The file you
    choose will be the one with the date you did the backup.
    10-01-09 05:43 PM
    Thanks to you both for the help. I do back it up each week with the DM so that is perfect and I have saved the link you sent you as well. I love CB!!! Thanks so much to you both!!!
    10-01-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD