First off I'm new to blackberry and after 3 years gave up on using iphones and made the jump to a blackberry torch. With that said I love how well it handles notifications although my twitter, social feeds, and bbm I have a question about. Should these apps besides showing me a red astrik have a count to them?

For example when I am alerted I have new tweets it doesnt say next to the twitter icon at the top banner that I have say 15 new tweets it just shows the red astrik. Same for social feeds. Is there a way to be notified on how many new tweets there are to be read? I wish the apps worked like facebook notifications where I had the proper number of notifications to check on. Well any help would be greatly appreciated!
    02-08-11 11:57 PM
    With concern to the Twitter for BlackBerry application, there is no way to get it to tell you how many new tweets you have on your notification icon. This was a feature that was requested while the Twitter application was live in the Beta Zone, but ultimately was not implemented on the official releases. I'm not really sure when, or if it will be available.

I don't have an answer for you on the Social Feeds application, as I don't use it.
    02-09-11 07:45 AM
    ok, well thanks you'll save me from scouring the internet for hours today on my only day off! much appreciated!
    02-09-11 09:50 AM
    That is specific to Twitter for BlackBerry. I use UberTwitter and it shows how many new tweets I have beside the mini icon. It also shows how many unread tweets there are when I scroll over the larger app icon as well.
    02-09-11 10:37 AM
    That is specific to Twitter for BlackBerry. I use UberTwitter and it shows how many new tweets I have beside the mini icon. It also shows how many unread tweets there are when I scroll over the larger app icon as well.
    Good call, I actually hadn't thought about UberTwitter. To be honest, I've never used it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Give that a try and tell us what you think.
    BlackBerry App World - UberTwitter
    02-09-11 11:13 AM
    I like it way better than Twitter for BlackBerry. I tried Twitter for BB when it first came out and I deleted it after a couple of days and went back to UberTwitter. I just find that it is a much more user friendly app. You should test it out - I can almost guarantee that you'll convert!

Good call, I actually hadn't thought about UberTwitter. To be honest, I've never used it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Give that a try and tell us what you think.
    BlackBerry App World - UberTwitter
    02-09-11 12:19 PM
    I've gone to Ubertwitter and it is exactly what I've been looking for thanks guys this is what i've been looking for!
    02-09-11 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD