Hi all, I have been perusing these boards like crazy the last few days because I need more from a phone than my current enV2. I have pretty much decided I want the Storm (please no bashing, this is MY personal decision). I am not eligible for an upgrade with Verizon until March 2010, and even though it has been offered that I could indeed get an early upgrade I am not sure I want that because I anticipate I will want to upgrade to the Storm2. I would just wait for the Storm2 to rear its head if I could, but I can not function with my current phone. I am wondering what YOU would do in this situation (regarding the purchase of the phone, not the type of phone I have chosen).

Any advice on this would be helpful

And if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it

Ashley
    07-30-09 01:45 PM
    I would probably by a used phone of ebay or something and use it till the Storm 2 came out if you really want to wait for its release.
    07-30-09 01:48 PM
    i agree get one cheap off of ebay, that way if you hate it, your not out too much money, and if you love it then when the storm 2 hits you will already be an expert.
    07-30-09 02:11 PM
    My Storm has been the best phone I've ever owned and it's just gotten better with every OS released. I find no short coming or failing in the phone at all and have no real interest in upgrading to the Storm 2 until my 2 years are up. The only thing I think it will have that mine doesn't is WiFi, but my data connection is great...I don't feel like I need WiFi. The S2 may also have more application memory, but I've already got about 15 or 20 apps (probably only use 5 of them regularly) on my current Storm and have no memory issues at all.

I don't know if I'd buy one from ebay...sellers probably getting rid of it because they had problems. I think you'll see the Storm 2 hit the stores in November, but I couldn't wait that long. Besides, the upcoming 5.0 OS that the S2 will have will run on the S1.
    07-30-09 02:59 PM
    Thanks for the responses

I would definitely consider EBAY if I wasn't such a wuss about buying a high priced item there...I just can never get myself to pull the trigger.

Grey, I really like your response, thank you for that. I think I might just bite the bullet. I have no plans to go to any other carrier, so signing up for another 2years is no big deal to me. I'll head back in to the store and see what they do for me.
    07-30-09 03:29 PM
    I like my storm too, and at least if you get one, by the time Storm 2 comes out you'll know for sure whether or not you really like what you've got.
    07-30-09 03:33 PM
    Best of luck Thicket...I love my storm and I'm sure you will too!
    07-30-09 03:35 PM
    Our company actually specializes in refurbisehd and preowned phones. We have Blackberry phones starting at $29.99 and do not require a contract on our webstore. All Blackberrys are reliable phones so if you just need to hold yourself over it may be worth checking out.

I hope the Storm 2 comes out soon. The phone looks very promising :-)
    07-30-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD