i got few problems with my new 9780 bold.
    1. its wifi doesnt seems to work properly...browser doesnt load site properly says network unavailable...bt my htc loads well at the same place...
    2. i dnt want to buy bis....so how can i get email working?
    3.how can i download blackberry app world apps without bis?
    4. when i try to update it from 228 to 44..it stucks at the downloading bundle 417 of 527...
    5. when i type...it tyeps double word...can it be removed with the latest update or i should get it replaced...i still have few hrs left to replace....
    6. cant i get all the inernet functionality of this phone witout bis...like from wifi n my service provider...
    plz hel asap...i got only few hrs left before i can replace it....thanks a lot...
    03-15-11 10:51 PM
    1. its wifi doesnt seems to work properly...browser doesnt load site properly says network unavailable...bt my htc loads well at the same place...
    Wi-Fi is dependent on service books. If you do not have the proper BIS plan, you will not have them. Push email will not work without BIS. You cannot use App World, or any other native app from RIM without BIS.
    4. when i try to update it from 228 to 44..it stucks at the downloading bundle 417 of 527...
    How are you trying to update? You cannot use OTA update without BIS.
    5. when i type...it tyeps double word...can it be removed with the latest update or i should get it replaced...i still have few hrs left to replace....
    If the device is new, the double typing sounds like a hardware defect.
    6. cant i get all the inernet functionality of this phone witout bis...like from wifi n my service provider...
    plz hel asap...i got only few hrs left before i can replace it....thanks a lot...
    You cannot get the internet functionality (BlackBerry browser) without a BIS plan.
    03-15-11 10:58 PM
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6 = you need a BIS data plan to get the full functionality of your phone. this includes email and browser. browsing over wifi only may require some service books that are needed to be pushed to your phone when you get a BIS plan. OTA upgrading of the OS will require BIS data. you can upgrade manually using a PC.

5 = double typing on a new phone may be a hardware defect. you can try changing the letter repeat pace or return the phone to the carrier for a replacement.

it kinda bothers me when people complain they cant get half of their stuff working because they dont want to pay for BIS data. i mean, thats the point of the phone. you should just settle for a regular smartphone with a regular data plan if you arent willing to pay for the BBM, browser, application use and push emails that the proper BIS plan entails. you get what you pay for. if there was a workaround for everything, then no one would be getting a BIS plan.
    03-15-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD