Hi...planning to buy my first BlackBerry in a few weeks (on Verizon network), and looking for info (but not just opinions, please). I'm looking for the "phone" to do certain things, and the good people in my local Verizon store don't know what the phones can do!! Need "phone" to: be able to download and accept personalized ringtones and assign them to particular contacts, have several alarm clock settings, be able to text, do e-mail (on AOL), surf the Web, function as an MP3 player, work with Bluetooth and stereo Bluetooth, have the stereo Bluetooth recognize incoming calls and stop playing music (off MP3) and switch to phone call, have decent phone sound. I currently have LG en-v 2, and don't want to lose any functionality by upgrading to a new phone. Thanks!
    07-15-09 08:11 PM
    The only thing I see an issue is the multiple alarm clock. Currently bb only does one. What I do to get around that is use tasks and set the recurrence to daily. Works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:48 PM
    A blackberry will do everything you just listed, but the multiple alarm clock feature as the above poster mentioned is slightly underfeatured .. although what I do and many others do is to just use the tasks application.

Also, if surfing the web is a big thing for you, your best bet is to get a 3G BlackBerry, which will allow for faster speeds, and give you the ability to browse the web and make calls at the same time.
    07-15-09 08:58 PM
    You should go with a Curve 8330 or Tour 9530. As for the alarm issue, there is a third party free program called BBAlarms that should do the trick for you. Good luck!
    07-15-09 09:14 PM
    • I find the phone call quality of BB's to be as good or better than anything else I've personally used (16 years).
    • It will interrupt your music listening to take a call and pause the current track.
    • Bluetooth and Stereo Bluetooth are supported.
    • For my needs, the music player is pretty good, but I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. It does include a basic equalizer, too.
    • You can download ringtones and personalize for contacts
    • Texting and e-mailing are major strengths for BB. The physical keyboards are very high quality and will mean a lot to someone who types a great deal.
    • As others have said, multiple alarms are not native, but you can use Tasks or Calendar (with alarms) to accomplish the same thing. Third party apps are also available.
    • The native BB browser is so-so, but Opera Mini and Bolt are free 3rd party options. May people like them...I'm a fan of Opera myself.

Good luck!
    07-15-09 10:16 PM
    I've got the Storm and have all the options you listed above. About the multiple alarms, you can add alarms via the calendar to make multiple times.

BB all the way!!!
    07-16-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD