My ATT contract is up on 12/31...so I'm a free agent so to speak. I love my SE W810i (especially the FM radio), but basically need a BB for work (they will pay most of the monthly connection fee plus if I switch to Verizon, I get a discount and my bosses have stopped calling me on my cell phone, instead, they email when I am not in the office me knowing full well I don't have a BB) so what would you recommend?

Thanks

Marc
    12-26-08 09:32 PM
    Well, if you are looking at switching carriers, you will have the following options:

Storm, Curve 8330, Pearl and 8830.

Do you like touch screens? If not, X the Storm out. Would you like a camera? If so, X the 8830 out. Full QWERTY or Suretype? Curve or Pearl...

If you'd like to stay with AT&T, you can find out if you receive a discount here and the following are the options available:

Bold, Curve 8310 or 8320, Pearl 8110 or 8120.

Bold is in my opinion, the best bb out there. With 3g on this BB, you can enjoy simultaneous voice and data. This means on the phone surfing the web, IMing and getting GPS directions.

8310 for GPS and 8320 for Wifi. You can always add a gps puck to the 8320.

It's all up to you and what you need in a device... List some more details.

12-26-08 09:37 PM
    if you get a discount...verizon-curve or storm, play with both. my 2 cents and welcome
    12-26-08 09:38 PM
    Make sure Verizon works where you need it to. The discount won't matter if you don't have service where you need it. And I'm not knocking Verizon; it works great for me. Just be sure whoever you go with works for you. Try it before you commit.
    12-26-08 11:26 PM
    Welcome - Go Verizon (if in your area) Excellent service - BB Storm or Curve are great choces. Go to VZW store and spend some quaility time with both. Personally the Storm is the bomb. Good luck and search the forums here in Crackberry, tons of usefull info.
    12-27-08 12:21 AM
    Thanks to all. A couple of co workers have the Storm so I know how cool it is and VZ and ATT both provide service up here in Maine and the NH/VT areas I travel, so that isn't an issue. I would like to wait to see the new Curve (the Javelin I think was the code name), but I don't want to wait several more months for either VZ or ATT to get it.

Marc
    12-27-08 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD